Five

A Night of Miracles

"What's the matter, Mina-chan? Your voice sound so troubled just now," Sana pulled a chair as she sat in front of Mina in a cafe around the Gangnam area. 30 minutes ago, she received a sudden call from Mina and immediately rushed to the said place as she sensed something is troubling the younger girl. 

 

"Sorry, Satang. I need your help, again." Mina sighed. Sana shook her head and replied, "It's okay. I bring Tzuyu here too, you're fine with it, right?"

 

Mina nodded. They were engulfed in silence as nobody talks. Sana was waiting for Mina to say something. 

 

"Earlier, I went to the cafe where Momo's working after meeting you." Mina started. "But she wasn't there." She took a deep breath before continuing. "Momo once said that there's short of staffs at the cafe so she had to cover the job. But when I asked the cashier, they said the opposite things."

 

"They never short of staffs and Momo already went home earlier. So..." Mina trailed. "My instinct was telling me to call this number you helped me saved earlier," The younger girl showed her phone.

 

Flashback

 

"Hello, Cleanx co?"

 

"Yes, how may I help you?"

 

Silence.

 

"Miss? Are you there?"

 

"Oh, I'm sorry. I-Is there a person name Hirai Momo related to you?"

 

"Wait a minute, miss. I will check the data now," 

 

Mina's fingers were cold while waiting for the worker to reply. After a minute, the worker came back. "Yes, she's working for us recently."

 

Mina's eyes widened. "W-What works did she do?" 

 

"She's delivering water for company buildings. Wait, right now she's in Gangnam to deliver it at JH Group."  The worker revealed. "May I know who's calling?"

 

Mina gulped and tried very hard to suppress her tears inside. It was such a big revealation to her.

 

"Mina, Hirai Momo's relative. Thank you for the information." She hung up the phone.

 

End of flashback

 

"She's working as water delivery girl now?" Sana asked unbelievably. "Well, that's a shocking news." Tzuyu added.

 

Mina nodded solemnly. "I told her to stop doing extra works before. I know, she's doing this because we need money for my eye surgery." She said.

 

"I always tell her it doesn't matter. But turns out she still doing extra jobs. Even as a water delivery girl."

 

"Then, how can we help you? You don't call us to Gangnam just to tell us the story, right?" Tzuyu asked.

 

"Yes. I need to confirm something. Let's go to JH group."

 

* * *

 

"Do you see her?" Mina asked. The three of them were currently standing by the road side to watch the truth from afar. It was Mina's idea, Sana and Tzuyu were there to her eyes.

 

"Well, Cleanx co's truck is there. Wait, there's a guy in the driver seat." Tzuyu said.

 

"Is Momo there too?"

 

"Nope, she's probably inside the building." Sana replied.

 

A few moment later, Sana saw a familiar figure coming out of the said building. "Oh, Momo's coming. She's bringing the empty bottle with her."

 

Mina was worried. She can't hide it at all. The tears welled up. "W-Why she's the one to deliver the water i-if there's her guy co-worker?" 

 

"I'm not sure, Mina-chan. You should ask her the truth later." Sana advised. "Yeah, you two really need to talk. It's a disadvantage for a girl to deliver heavy bottle up to the building." Tzuyu added.

 

"I-I will try." Finally a tear came out. Sana engulfed her in a hug and Mina cried silently in Sana's crook of neck. 

 

"It's okay, cry it out."

 

* * *

 

The whole occasion during the day really tiring Mina a lot. She fell asleep in the taxi but luckily there were Sana and Tzuyu to accompany her. They sent her home, making sure it was safe and they finally went home.

 

Mina took a shower immediately to freshen up herself. There were too much for her to take in today. The matter with Momo really made her think a lot. She loves Momo so much, and she don't like it if Momo overwork herself just for her. Mina doesn't want to be selfish.

 

After a refreshing shower, she chose a comfortable shirt to wear. Speaking about comfortable, the only one she thought of was Momo's oversized shirt. Yeah, she would just wear that. She liked how it smell, as if Momo was hugging her all along.

 

It was 30 minutes later until the front door unlocked. Momo entered the house looking exhausted and there's a plastic bag on her hand. Mina came out from their bedroom, sensing that Momo is in the kitchen and walked there.

 

"You just came back?" Mina asked. hurts and her eyes felt sting. She cried so much before that it made them look swollen. Momo was busy taking out their dinner so she didn't notice yet. 

 

"Yeah, overtime." 

 

Lie.

 

Finished preparing the dishes, Momo faced Mina and immediately frowned. "Why your eyes are red? Are you okay?" 

 

Mina let out a fake smile, and pushed Momo away. "I'm okay. You should go for a shower before dinner. Go now." 

 

Momo looked like she won't believe it but still follows Mina's order. "Alright."

 

 

To be continue...