One

A Night of Miracles

It was a windy night in the middle of the January. Snow is falling without warning, creating white blanket all over the streets of Seoul. Mina was doing her hobby of knitting, when she heard soft knocks on the door of her home. She jumped up almost immediately at the sound of foot steps walking towards her.

"Momoring?" She called for the person but there was no respond from the said latter. She almost panic, but then she was pulled into a warm familiar embrace of someone she had been missing all day. 

Mina heaved a sigh of relief when a faint scent of peach lingering around her nose. Without exchanging words, they continue in that same position.

"Are you okay?" She uttered when they spent two minutes of not moving. The person—her girlfriend, who embraced her pulled her closer instead of breaking the hug. The latter snuggled closer at the crook of Mina's long neck, swiftly inhaling the scent of jasmine.

"I went to the hospital," Came the respond from the oldest. At the mention of the specific place, Mina frowned.

"Why? Are you sick?" She hope she heard the opposite. If Momo is sick, she can't take a good care of the latter because her movement was limited by her disability. She might disappoint herself, and maybe Momo too. "Tell me, Momo."

Mina was relieved for the umpteenth times today as she felt Momo shook her head against her neck. "Nope." She mumbled. Momo released herself from the hug, and held the younger's both hands instead, caressing the back of it softly with her thumbs.

"The hospital called me. We have to wait for another six months... for another donor." Oh. It was about that again. There were plenty of times they had talked about this and Mina always do not mind about it while Momo was the one to insist to find an eyes donor for Mina.

Mina's forehead creased a little when the same topic had been brought again. She held on Momo's hand tight, while pulling her to sit on the couch. Mina thought that they have talk seriously again.

 

"I said to you already, love. I don't really mind about it, as long as you will never leave me. You're my eyes. We can always stay together even if I can't see." Mina spoke. She had been wanting to tell the older this, that she don't mind cannot see the world. But Momo is such a hard-head person.

 

"But baby, don't you want to see again? Don't you want to see me?" Momo replied. She cannot ignore the fact thay she's worried about her girlfriend, especially when people always took advantage of the people with disabilities. Mina was not an exception. 

 

Momo still remembered that one time when Mina still did a part time job as a tutor for people like her. Given the job was difficult, she had to return to home late. At that time, Momo wasn't her girlfriend, they didn't even meet yet. When Mina got cornered by a ert in a dark alley, Momo who worked late at a downtown cafe was in her way to go home. Until, she encountered Mina in trouble.

 

Momo was a hero for Mina, and still now. They became friends. And then friendship turned into subtle feelings and it took six months for them to be together. All happened because Momo admitted that she do have feelings for the other girl.

 

Another incident happened when they went for a date. They rode a train and unfortunately the cabin was cramped with people going home. They had no choice but to stand among the crowd.

 

That's when Momo noticed a hand was reaching into Mina's bag and probably in attempt of stealing. Momo was fast enough to react and pulled Mina closer to her, protecting her with an arm wrapping the girl's body.

 

Those encounters definitely made Momo felt over-protective of the younger girl. She's willing to fight the harsh world if that's gonna make Mina safe and happy. Those include finding an eye donor for her pretty girlfriend.

 

"I do." Mina sighed. "But that can wait. Things will happen and we can wait till the right time. Don't worry, love." Mina lifted her hand and palmed Momo's cheek. She caressed it ever so lightly that Momo leaned in feeling content and comfortable. Mina really have a great effect on her.

 

"If you said so." Momo uttered, holding the hand on her cheek. She then pulled away, but leaning closer towards the girl's face. Mina sensed that Momo was nearing, as she could feel the minty breath near her lips. She then felt a soft lips landed on hers, moving them while having an almost heart attack. 

 

Momo swiped her tongue over Mina's lips for entrance. The latter definitely knew what Momo exactly wanted and opened so she could explore with her tongue.

 

The kiss turned from sweet to passionate, and both of them like the feeling of being attached to each other. Mina was literally clinging from Momo's neck while the older's hand resting on Mina's waist. It last for three more minutes, before Mina cut it down with Momo's lips trailing for hers.

 

They both sighed, feeling happy and hot at the same time. Momo pushed Mina to lay on the couch, while she hovered on top and kissed the girl again. But this time, her lips started exploring every inches of Mina's skin. Her favourite part was the collarbone.

 

"Uhh..." A faint moan sounded from Mina's lips. Momo good on her sensitive skin, leaving a visible mark. Only when Momo wanted to go further, a hand stopped her.

 

"Stop," Mina sighed.

 

Momo halted and looked at her girlfriend. "Why? Did I hurt you?"

 

Mina shook her head. "No. I'm just hungry. Can we go out and get some food?" Mina eyes were twinkling and Momo cannot resist when Mina being so cute like that. Even when she already from earlier activity.

 

"Sure." Momo sat up and pulled Mina too. "What do you want to eat?"

 

Mina grinned. "Hmm... I suddenly want to eat teopokki. Can we?"

 

"Anything for my baby." Momo replied. "Let's get you wrap up first since it's freezing cold out there."

 

* * *

 

Walking hand in hand on the street of Seoul were Momo and Mina. When they are together, Mina doesn't need her stick as Momo will guide her all the time. It took them 10 minutes from the bus stop to the night market that they were familiar with. Soon enough they entered the almost crowded place.

 

"Are there many people here?" Mina asked smiling. Momo can felt the excitement from the other girl.

 

"Quite many. So, hold onto me tightly. I don't wanna lose you in the crowd." Momo replied. Mina grinned, clinging onto Momo's left arm. She was really happy to spend some time with her girlfriend, considering that Momo rarely got time off from work. Mina like to assume this as their impromptu date.

 

"Oh, I see the teopokki stall," Waddling towards the said stall, Momo pulled the bench so it will be easier for Mina to sit. There was only one person eating there, even the stall owner wasn't that busy.

 

"Welcome," the owner, a woman nearly around fifties welcomed as she wore her brightest smile at the couple. Momo replied with a same bright smile while Mina was guided onto her seat.

 

"What do you want to eat?" The middle age woman asked again after they settled themselves. 

 

"We would like two serving of teopokki and one plate of sundae." Momo ordered then turned to Mina. "Anything else, babe?"

 

"No, it's fine." Mina replied. 

 

"That's all, ahjumma." Momo said and soon the owner started preparing the food for them. Since the stall was actually quite small than others, there were not many tables and they only sat facing the owner aka the chef.

 

A minute of silence, before the ahjumma started talking to them.

 

"You guys look cute together. Your sister?" She asked Momo. The latter only smiled while shooking her head.

 

"It's my girlfriend actually. Thank you for saying that." Momo answered grinning awkwardly as the woman's face changed in a bit. Momo thought that they will get judged again, just like how other people always do but no. The woman was smiling ever so brightly that even Momo was confused.

 

"No wonder. You guys look so in love with each other." The woman said.

 

"Thank you, ahjumma. Other people always gave us dirty looks but you don't. I really appreciate that." Momo said.

 

"What can I do? I only see true love from both of you." The woman said proudly. She then looked at Mina. "What's your name, beautiful?"

 

Mina who was listening right from the start can only smile brighter. "My name is Mina." The old woman nodded smilingly. "Such a pretty  name for a beautiful girl," she said. "Here's you guys order. Enjoy the food!"

 

"Thank you, ahjumma." Momo replied with a big grin on her face. It have been a long time since she had such warm feelings. Momo's an orphan, she had no family. But then it helps her to be stronger and she learned how to be independent. Until she met Mina. Now she had someone to protect. She never thinks that as a burden and called it as a blessing. What she have now is enough and she was grateful.

 

Momo fixed the plate infront of Mina and broke a chopstick for the latter to use. She grabbed Mina's hand and placed them on it. "Here. It's a little hot so be careful." Momo said.

 

Using her free hand to feel the plate, Mina picked a slice of the steaming hot rice cake and blew it before putting it in . The spicy but sweet flavor burst in as she munched on the food. Seeing such a happy smile on Mina's face made Momo's heart swells. She picked up her own chopstick and repeat Mina's action. 

 

"The teopokki is delicious, ahjumma! You are a great cook," said Momo with full. Mina does noticed Momo's action and tapped the older's hand. "Don't talk with your mouth full," she said.

 

Momo swallowed hard. "Alright, ma'am." She playfully replied the girl. "Do you want to taste the sundae? Open your mouth," Momo gestured and put a piece of the blood sausage in Mina's awaiting mouth. The younger girl smile widely as she munched the food happily.

 

Mina and Momo were not playing sweet. They only act as how they were at home. They unconsciously attracted other people's attention including the stall owner. The old woman felt a heave of relieves as she watched the couple.

 

"Here, my treat." The old woman said as she placed another plate of sundae infront of them. Momo's eyes widen in shock but she refused to accept the kind gestures. "It's okay, ahjumma. You don't need to," 

 

"No, it's fine. Seeing both of you feel happy with each other reminds me of myself with my husband." The old woman replied with a smile. "He's long gone now and we have no children. If we had one, they might be the same age as you two."

 

Mina and Momo felt bad hearing the story. "We're sorry to hear that." Mina, the quiet one finally talks. "I hope you are happy just as now."

 

"I'm happy, young girl." She said. Tears welled in her eyes. "I really hope  you two are my children that I never had," Realising what she had said, the old woman panicked. "Oh, I'm sorry! You might feel uncomfortable with me!"

 

Hearing that, Momo just smiled. "It's okay. I never had a family too. My parents are dead since I was thirteen. And Mina lost her parents in an accident years ago." She told the old woman as her hand grabbed on Mina's. Mina understood the gesture and grabbed tighter.

 

"It's okay if you think of us as your children." Mina said. "We would love too if it wasn't a burden." She shyly replied. 

 

"Oh, you two are such sweethearts." The old woman replied. "Okay, I will think of you two as my daughters. What's your name, child?"

 

"I'm Momo, and you already know this is Mina." Said Momo.

 

"Alright, Momo and Mina. Thank you so much, dear. Feel free to come here everyday." The old woman said as a tear finally escaped from her eyes.

 

* * *

 

To be continue...