Four

A Night of Miracles

Under the scorching heat from the sun, Mina stood in front of a small unit. She knocked on the wooden door three times, and a few seconds later the door opened, revealing a girl with a face resembling a certain breed of dog. 

 

Her lips curved into a wide smile as the latter took a good look at the uninvited visitor. "Mina-chan?"

 

"Satang," Mina breathed out. "Am I bothering you?"

 

The girl shook her head but laughed internally when she remember that Mina couldn't see her gesture. "Nope, not at all." She replied. "Come in,"

 

As Mina stepped into the house, her nose immediately smells the sweet and lovely scent of lavender coming from a lit candle. "You never change, Satang. Your house still have this lavender scent." Mina commented smilingly as Sana guided her to the couch.

 

"Yeah, Tzuyu like it too." The girl, Sana replied.

 

"She's not home?"  Mina asked. She did not sense another presence beside Sana in the house. 

 

"Yep, she had class now. Don't worry she would be home by 3 pm." Sana explained. "It's been a long time since you're here. By the way, you didn't come with Momo?"

 

Mina sighed. "She had work." 

 

Sana had been friends with Mina for two years already, and knowing her, the sigh is not something small. In a matter of fact, Mina's sudden visit indicated that something matter with Momo. Sana made a pre-assumption.

 

"You seems uneasy. Something's bothering you?" Sana finally asked. To be honest, Mina is someone who never seek for help when she can do it by herself. Sana often asks her from time to time if she ever had problems. Sana is that kind of person who is bubbly but can take care of people she loves. Just like Mina who she loves as a sister.

 

While Momo, well. She's actually Sana's best friend. When Momo first date Mina, the first person she told to was Sana. Well, it's not like she has other friends. Sana is the only one she got, alongside Tzuyu who is Sana's girlfriend. Momo is somehow similar to Mina, she never seeks help unless needed.

 

But today, Mina was asking for some help. She hoped it wasn't about Momo.

 

"It's Momo," Mina started. Damn.

 

"She's being weird nowadays. Constantly coming home late, too tired and recently we don't talk before sleeping." Mina explained. "I'm worried if something happens."

 

Sana sighed. She believed that Momo is a loyal person, she would never cheat on Mina. Momo once swore at heart, and Momo never break her promise before. She's faithful to her words. But this issue brought up by Mina somehow bothers her too.

 

"Have you ask her what happen?" Sana asked and Mina shook her head. "Nope. I don't want to bother her but... I'm really curious."

 

"You two need to talk. Communication is the key to a long-lasting relationship." Sana advised. "Try to slow talk with her. Don't mind her being grumpy, she's a softie when it comes to you."

 

"I tried before... but she was too tired so we both went to sleep instead." Mina said. "And oh," She suddenly remember something. Taking out a piece of paper from her pocket, she showed it to Sana.

 

"Yesterday I found this inside Momo's pants. Can you tell me what is this?" Mina asked.

 

Sana took the paper and observed. "It's a name card, of a drinking water company. Wait, why is this in her pocket?"

 

Mina shook her head. "I don't know. It was folded neatly in her pocket. If it isn't something important, Momo would have crumple it already." 

 

"That's true," Sana replied.

 

"Which company is it?" Mina asked. 

 

"Cleanx co." 

 

* * *

 

Pushing the glass opened, Mina stepped into the cozy looking cafe. It was the same cafe where Momo's working. After meeting with Sana, she noticed it was the time for Momo's shift to over so she decided to come. At least they can go home together.

 

Mina approached the counter. The current cashier noticed the stick in Mina's hand and smiled. "May I help you, miss?

 

Mina smiled. "Is Hirai Momo here?"

 

"Excuse me, may I know who are you?" The cashier asked.

 

"I'm Mina, her girlfriend." 

 

The cashier's face dropped. "Mina-ssi?" She called. "Momo-ssi already ended her shift half an hour ago."

 

Mina was confused. "Eh? She told me she worked overtime because there is short of staffs." Okay, this is weird.

 

"Actually, we never short of staffs. Are you sure she told you that?" The cashier asked again.

 

"Y-Yeah." Mina's hand was shaking. After a moment, she awkwardly smile. "Then, thank you. Sorry for bothering your job." With that, bowed and left the cafe.

 

She unlocked her special phone and called a certain number that have been saved earlier.

 

"Hello, Cleanx co?"

 

* * *

 

To be continue...