PART V: (FINALE)

A Love To Last
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s midnight but Dara is still wide awake,  she was watching her wife peacefully sleeping inside the ICU. It’s been months that Chaerin was in coma stage and as the days go passed, Dara becoming more worried for her wife. There is no improvement, even a little and it frustrate her. Her mind can’t even rest for a moment thinking that the next few second she might loss the love of her life forever. She barely go home and rest,  she’s tired but she knows she can’t take a rest without seeing her wife beside her.

Chaeyoung, her daughter. She knows she’s giving her cold shoulders but believe her or not, she’s not mad anymore. She just don’t know how to approach her daughter after all that happened. She’s distracted, she can’t even think straight coz right now,  Chaerin is all that matters to her. She’s terrified for her,  for her wife and more for her daughter. She knows that if Chaerin didn’t make it, she will never too and without the two of them,  she knows Chaeyoung will barely survive too. 

What Time doesn’t know is Dara was secretly watching her everyday,  every time Dara got the chance. She either will look at her daughter’s school stuffs inside her bag or will silently watched her sleeping when she arrived at the hospital early. She seems so cold but her heart hurts for her family. When Chaeyoung spend her birthday here with their family, it’s her who arrange the whole thing,  contacting their family members to surprise her daughter. She knows how sad and lonely was Rośe that day so she intentionally went there before the day ends to greet her daughter. And when she did, Rośe immediately run to her and hug her tight. She can feel how her daughter miss her and she also miss her too but she choose to not show it,  she just stayed there letting her only daughter hug her. She’s being cruel? No she’s not.  She’s just afraid to breakdown in front of her. She have to be strong, she have to pick herself together.

Her eyes went with when she saw her wife’s eye was opening slowly… her hands became cold and she can’t think of what to do next,  she just run to the nursing station to inform them. The next thing she knew,  there are doctors and nurses around her wife while she was standing still on the other side of the glass wall. She saw her the doctor pointed a light on her wife’s eyes and how the other doctor tried to make Chaerin follow her two fingers using her eyes which her wife followed smoothly.  She was crying,  she never knew that this day will come and finally her wife is awake. 

“Mom?” She heard a voice from her side “What happened? Is mama okay?” her daughter is panicking.

“Come…” she said offering her hand

Rośe was a bit hesitant but still come closer and hold her mommy’s hand. 

“She’s awake” she cried out of joy. 

“Oh my God” her daughter cried too. 

They’re holding each other’s hand while watching the woman they love slowly coming back to their life. 

When one of the doctors came out and called them they didn't let each others hand go,  She was holding her daughter’s hand tightly as if she’s seeking some strength from it. 

“Your wife is awake now though she still can’t move nor speak but she’s conscious. She can understand well and respond well also. Her vitals are in need to supervised but as of now it’s pretty normal.” Doctor Hong explained.

“Thank God, thank you doc” she happily said.  She felt like floating, like an heavy thing was lifted away from her shoulders.  She felt alive, it might be true that her wife is the light of her life.

“Just a few reminder, please don’t let her be too emotional, her heart and mind is still recovering. As much as possible let’s not talk about the date today in front of her so she won’t freak out by how long she’s been sleeping. Don’t remind her about the accident or anything negative happened before the accident, we don’t want her to think that much since her mind and body is still weak. Let’s stay positive infront of her,  she needed that.” Dr. Hong explained more as the two of them nodded. “You can enter now”

When Dara was about to enter she felt how her daughter stop so she looked at her. She saw Rośe looking down, her free hand was clutching on her palm. 

“What if I triggered her emotion mommy?” Rośe look so scared and nervous.

She was looking at her daughter and all the things she felt for her for the past few months vanished. She put her hand on her daughter’s cheeks and softly rub it.

“You’re mama loves you, she love you more than anything in this world, I’m sure you are the first person she wanted to see right now…”

She saw how Chaeyoung cried harder,  she knows she’s in fault making her daughter feel the guilt all this time and seeing Chaeyoung like this makes her mad on herself. Her daughter doesn’t deserve this. 

“I’m sorry…”she said then she gave up and hug her daughter, she was crying too. “I shouldn’t put all the blame on you baby. I’m such a bad mother… I’m sorry.  It’s not your fault, it’s no ones fault but to the truck driver who bumped your mama’s car.”

“But it’s also my fault. I should just come with her and listened to the both of you and I said things that hurt you both,  specially mama.  I don’t know if I can face her now” Rośe said.

“Rośe…”

“I’m really sorry mom but I really can’t” and then Rośe p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter