PART V (1.1)

A Love To Last
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been three long months but Chaerin’s condition is still the same, she’s still unconscious. Today is Rośe’s birthday and unlike last year, she is spending it with her mama Chae at the hospital. Dara is still giving her a cold shoulder, her mother can’t even look at her that long which made her heart sank every time. Dara don’t even asked her about her school anymore, she’s not asking anything about her in general but she understand her mom. She knows that it’s her fault and she will never forgive herself too if something bad happened to her mama.

 

 It’s already 5 in the evening, she went immediately to the hospital after her school, she even wearing her school uniform. She was silently watching her mama behind the glass wall, it’s been a routine for her to be here after school to let her mom Dara rest in their home. She would stay here until her mommy came back. She usually do her homework here and eat dinner alone.


 It’s her birthday but she feels so lonely and empty. When the nurse came to inform her that she can enter now, she immediately change to ICU lab gown.

 

“Hi mama” She greeted her unconscious mother. 

 

She sat at the only chair there beside her mothers bed and held her hand and softly kissed it. She examined her mother’s face for a while, it’s so peaceful. Gone are those bruises and wounds months ago and only the tubes from machines that is connected with her mama’s body are there.

 

“It’s my birthday, won’t you greet me?” She asked and smiled sadly. “Okay, save that for next year. You should give me a party next year okay? I didn’t have a cake this year mama so you better ready your coins next year” she joked even if she was giving up her tears.

 

“Oh wait..  I have a surprise for you!” then she get something from her pocket. “It’s my birthday but I want to give you a gift” 

 

“Tanannn! I got the highest score again!” she happily open her test results in front of her mother as if she can see it. 


“I only have 2 months before the school year ends and I still have few more grades to get for me to passed but I promise to study harder so I won’t disappoint you and mommy again” she said. Still, no answer. She badly want to hear her mama said she’s proud of her like she usually do but who is she kidding? Her mother is still in coma because of her.


“You sleep so well, didn’t you miss us Ma?” She said as she felt a tear came out from her eyes. “I miss you so much mama”


She held her hand tighter. She miss her parents so much. It feels like she suddenly became so alone, that she was so lonely and no one is there for her. Her mama Chae is her but she can’t feel her hug or even a tap on her shoulder then her mommy Dara who’s ignoring her for the pass few months. Maybe it’s the price she have to pay because of her ungratefulness. .

 

“Wake up now please? I miss you, I miss mommy, I miss us. It’s so hard Ma, it’s so hard to wake up everyday seeing you here, seeing mommy all worried about you. It’s hard without you mama, my guitar is out of tune already and I can’t play it anymore. We also have this project where we need to built our dream house but I’m still not halfway done, maybe if you’re here with me we can finish it together like we used to on my legos” her tears keep coming out , she miss her parents. “Don’t leave us okay? I don’t know what to do without you, mom will not forgive me and I will never ever forgive myself too. Mama please hold on okay? I love you so much” as she kissed her mom’s forehead.

 


She stayed there for few more minute until her visiting hours ended. She kissed her mom again once more before going out.

 

“Hey” Lisa greeted her after she changed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter