Chapter 9

The General and His Pet

Jinyoung looked up at the sky at what was now his favorite spot to hang out at when he spent the night meditating. It wasn't like he couldn't sleep, but meditating was a way of sleeping for him now, and he was used to being out in the cold weather due to his higher temperature body heat.

They were supposed to leave yesterday to head to Seattle but Jinyoung's information network needed him for something so Jinyoung decided to stay another day or two after declaring the area safe for the time being. Jinyoung had also felt the need to make sure things were going alright with Kisu and Jisung after everything between them so after making sure Changkyun was alright with it they stayed around for a little bit longer.

"You're out here a lot," said Kisu as he walked over with his hands in his pockets. "Couldn't sleep huh?" Asked Jinyoung as he turned his head to look at Kisu. "Not when Jisung tends to snore," Kisu said with a small chuckle, earning a laugh from Jinyoung as he turned back to look out at the water, leaning back on his hands.

"Who did you say was coming over?" Asked Kisu as he climbed onto the boulder and sat beside Jinyoung. "Someone Sunggyu may know," said Jinyoung. "San's not very sociable but most would know of him and his coven," he said. "I see," said Kisu.

"San doesn't like hunting me down, as he doesn't like hanging around our kind for too long, so this lake is the perfect meeting spot," said Jinyoung. "What did he need to talk to you about anyway?" Asked Kisu. "I'm sure Jisung has talked to you regarding what's been happening since you were... Asleep?" Asked Jinyoung. "A bit," said Kisu.

"He may have a lead on who's looking to take Dongwoo to bring down the Treasure Box faction," said Jinyoung. "It seems that it's a good thing that Jisung and Hyunjin are a part of Chan's faction then," hummed Kisu. "Same with Doyoung and Hobi being in Chanyeol's," he added. "That's what all the hunters we've encountered so far have said," said Jinyoung. "But I'm sure this won't escalate any farther than it has," he said. "Not when they have the backing of Sanggyun and Mingi," he said.

"You're heading to Seattle next huh?" Asked Kisu. "Yeah, Seattle's next," hummed Jinyoung. "What's in Seattle?" Asked Kisu. "The last territory before we loop around back towards Boston," said Jinyoung. "Why?" He asked. "I just remember that JR had his pack in Forks," said Kisu. "At least, that's what Cory told me," he added.

"They had to move to Seattle due to the tribe in the area threatening to expose them," said Jinyoung. "At least, that's what we've been told," he added. "I wasn't there to oversee the move, but Seungwoo was, to make sure they wouldn't expose them," he said. "It was a test for Hanse and Chan too, as it was their first mission regarding something as important as this," he said. "Those two are the most violent prone, so Seungwoo used it to test how they would be in that sort of situation," he said. "Ah," said Kisu.

 

~



"Jesus, I hate hunting you down in the middle of another werewolf's territory," came a voice, causing Kisu and Jinyoung to turn to spot San standing a good distance away. "Blame Kris for sending me out on territory checks," said Jinyoung. "You're safe to hunt when you leave, just don't get caught," he added. "Yeah yeah," grumbled San before he walked over, being wary of Kisu's presence.

"Who's causing such a ruckus that it's gaining the attention of my brother's faction hm?" Asked Jinyoung. "Someone who goes by the name of Jun," said San. "I haven't gotten much information on him but he's gathered quite the amount of hunters who have opposed to this... Peace treaty," he said. "It seems to stem off the laws with Kris and whatnot," he added.

"Many werewolf hunters were pissed at losing a lot of their more money making kills it seems," hummed Jinyoung. "The mate clause is still a thing that many respect, but the law with Kris and whatnot? It pissed a lot of people off," he said.

"What's the mate clause?" Asked Kisu. "If a 'shifter finds their mate in a werewolf, pure blood or not, they're safe from being hunted by werewolf hunters," said Jinyoung. "Same goes to vampires," he said. "Pure blooded werewolves finding their mates isn't included in this, simply due to the fact that most wouldn't find their mates when werewolf hunters come for them," he added. "Ah," said Kisu.

"The law for Kris applied to those who work for him, but not the pack as a whole," said Jinyoung. "The whole hunters being in a pack to keep them safe was more due to hunters respecting territories that other hunters belonged to," he said. "Of course, that only applied to werewolves, vampires were mainly nomadic and such," he added.

"Yeah, and most would be annoyed with staying in one place, even if more and more are turning to hunting animals instead of humans now that blood dens are declared hostile," said San. "Moving humans have proven to be a lot of work, from what I hear so," he said, shrugging. "Less and less are popping up now," he said.

"What do you hunt then?" Asked Kisu. "Animals," said San. "I was dragged into it after getting involved with Subin," he said, shrugging. "Yeosang and Seonghwa were already hunting animals when that happened, so I just went along with what they did," he said. "A compromise for letting Mingi hang around werewolves," he hummed, not looking too pleased with the idea. "No offense," he added, earning a snort from Jinyoung.

"I knew from the day Seungwoo declared it a success that someone wasn't too keen on the idea," said Jinyoung. "Seungwoo's a good guy, under that cold exterior," he said. "It's hard to tell under that ice," San said with a shake of his head. "But I should get going," he said, stepping away from them. "I need to head back to Toronto, so have fun," he said. Jinyoung nodded and San rushed off, soon disappearing from sight.

"Jisung finds him weird," said Kisu, earning a chuckle from Jinyoung. "He's not the only vampire I talk to, but San's one of the more introverted ones," said Jinyoung. "His coven is a different matter entirely, and well," he said, shrugging.

 

~



"Aw man, I just missed him," came another voice, causing Jinyoung to turn to the voice. "Oh, Eunki," said Jinyoung. "Heyo," said Eunki as he grinned. "Were you alone all day?" He asked. "I went back to do a bit of truck maintenance, it's passed dinner now," said Jinyoung.

"Heading to Seattle next?" Asked Eunki. Jinyoung nodded. "Be careful," said Eunki. "I just came from there, it seems things are tense," he said. Jinyoung nodded. "I'll be careful," he said.