Chapter 8

The General and His Pet

Jinyoung opened his eyes, coming back to the world after meditating as his hearing picked up on footsteps coming towards him. "Sunggyu," said Jinyoung as he turned, spotting Sunggyu walking towards him. "Hello Jinyoung," said Sunggyu as he went to stand beside the boulder that Jinyoung was sitting on. "Your pet didn't want to come out with you?" He asked. Jinyoung shook his head, leaning back on his hands. "I'm letting him sleep," he said. "Ah," hummed Sunggyu.

"What time is it?" Asked Jinyoung. "Just before 4 in the morning," said Sunggyu. "I've been out here most of the night then," hummed Jinyoung as he turned back to look out at the water. "Just got back with Cory, we were visiting his old pack," said Sunggyu. "I see," hummed Jinyoung. "Is Jisung back too?" He asked. "He's not back yet?" Asked Sunggyu. "He wasn't here when we arrived a few nights ago," said Jinyoung. "Must be busy, or on his way back," said Sunggyu. "Probably," said Jinyoung.

"Why?" Asked Sunggyu. "I have a theory," said Jinyoung. "That Kisu may not be as dead as he seems," he added. "Considering that Hyungwon was his wolf, Hyungwon would be dead since Kisu's technically dead," he said. "Is that how that works?" Asked Sunggyu. Jinyoung nodded. "From what I've managed to gather, yeah," he said. "Not much information can be found about this way of bringing someone back but," he said, shrugging.

"If it is true then..." Said Sunggyu. "It'd make sense," said Jinyoung. "I know that Youngjae wouldn't be this calm, especially with one of this mates gone," he said. "I think that makes sense," said Sunggyu. "I never gave it much thought, since Cory doesn't talk very much about how your kind works," he said. "Werewolves are very complicated creatures," said Jinyoung. "Even I don't understand how we work and I've been alive long enough to watch my kind evolve," he said.

"Do you have any family left from your human days?" Asked Sunggyu. "I do actually, a very distant grandson," said Jinyoung. "We're going to see him next, as he resides in Seattle," he said. "I see," hummed Sunggyu.

"What about you?" Asked Jinyoung. "I mean, other than your brother of course," he added. "No," said Sunggyu. "It was just Chani and I," he said. "But I'm sure I have distant cousins," he added. "I never bothered to see if I did however, because I don't want to be involved with any living family members I have left, other than my brother of course," he said. Jinyoung hummed in response.

 

~



"Oi," called Dongwoo. "Miss breakfast why don't you?" He called as he walked over with Cory a few hours later. "Sorry," said Jinyoung as he turned to Dongwoo and Cory. "Sunggyu went hunting a little bit ago," he said. "I got the text saying he would," said Cory as he nodded.

"Are you alright Jinyoung?" Asked Dongwoo as he put his hands in the pockets of the hoodie he was wearing while having his human illusion up. "I'm fine," said Jinyoung as he blinked. "Why do you ask?" He asked. "You only have that look in your eyes when you've come up with a working theory," said Dongwoo. Jinyoung sighed. "You can read me so well now," he grumbled, earning a chuckle from Dongwoo.

"Is this about Jisung?" Asked Dongwoo. "Yeah," said Jinyoung. "He got back this morning, in time for breakfast," said Cory. "Good, I need to speak to him," said Jinyoung. "Regarding?" Asked Cory. "Kisu," said Jinyoung. Cory blinked, his head tilting to the side.

"If he really was dead, wouldn't Hyungwon be dead?" Asked Jinyoung. "And something tells me Youngjae's okay, not having any trouble at all with only one of his mates gone," he said. "I think that makes sense," said Cory. "So you think he's still there in Jisung's mind, waiting on Jisung to realize it?" He asked. Jinyoung nodded. "Probably," he said.

"I think it makes sense," said Sunggyu as he walked over. "Youngjae isn't going crazy, he's as calm as ever," he said. "And Hyungwon is alive, so this theory is plausible," he said.

"Where is Youngjae anyway?" Asked Jinyoung. "He went back to France for a couple weeks," said Cory. "He's staying with Chan and his pack for a bit," he added. "I doubt you'd see them until your return trip but," he said, shrugging.

 

~



"Jisung," called Jinyoung as he entered the house, causing Jisung to come downstairs. "What's up?" Asked Jisung as he blinked, looking at Jinyoung. "I think we need to have a talk," said Jinyoung. Jisung blinked, looking confused. "Go," said Cory as he walked into the room. "Whatever Jinyoung has to say is important," he said. "Okay," said Jisung as he nodded, motioning for Jinyoung to go ahead. Jinyoung turned and walked out the backdoor with Jisung following after him.

"So I don't know how true this is," said Jinyoung. "As it's just a theory but," he added. "I think Kisu may still be alive," he said, turning to Jisung once they were out of earshot. Jisung blinked in surprise. "What makes you say that?" He asked.

"Hyungwon was brought back due to Kisu getting his wolf extracted right?" Asked Jinyoung. Jisung nodded. "You became his new wolf not long afterwards," said Jinyoung. Jisung nodded again. "Because I was a turned werewolf before I was brought back I basically just gave myself to him," he said.

"So you were a separate entity in his mind?" Asked Jinyoung. Jisung nodded. "Yeah," he said. "Youngjae hasn't gone insane, despite still having his other mate?" Asked Jinyoung. Jisung nodded again. "As far as I could tell," he said. "If he was secretly going insane from losing one of his mates he was hiding it well," he said.

"Okay," said Jinyoung. "I want you to try meditating," he said. "When we get to the lake, or do you want to do it at home?" He asked. "Lake seems fine, I'll be able to concentrate better," said Jisung. "Alright," said Jinyoung. They both continued walking.

"Alright," said Jinyoung. "Relax as much as possible and close your eyes," he said once Jisung had sat down. "Imagine yourself in your mind, whatever setting you have it as," he said. "And look up," he said after a few minutes. "If you see something out of the ordinary, I think my theory is correct," he said. Jisung hummed, his eyes opening quickly as he moved, nearly falling off the boulder if Jinyoung didn't grab a hold of him.

"What did you see?" Asked Jinyoung. "I saw buildings, which I know for a fact were what made up Kisu's mind," said Jisung. "I was right then," said Jinyoung. "Now," he said. "I want to try something," he said. "Go back into meditating," he said. "And look around," he said once Jisung closed his eyes again once he was ready. "Let your instincts carry you to where Kisu is," he said.

It was silent for a few minutes, as Jinyoung waited in anticipation. Jisung wasn't moving, and Jinyoung wondered how long it would be to get to where ever Kisu was in the depths of his mind.

Jisung's eyes snapped open as he came back to the world rather suddenly, causing Jinyoung to turn to him. "Well?" Asked Jinyoung. "He's there," Jisung said with wide eyes. "He was rather surprised to see me actually," he said. "He said to tell you that he's happy to be back to the main part of my mind," he said. Jinyoung smiled slightly. "Now, try changing and see what happens," he said. Jisung nodded and let his human illusion drop before changing, Kisu soon sitting in his place.

"How did you know?" Asked Kisu as he blinked, his eyes wide. "I put two and two together," said Jinyoung. "Why didn't you come back sooner?" He asked. "I wanted Jisung to have his freedom," said Kisu as he shrugged. "He's stuck in my head otherwise," he said. "You were fine being in his head?" Asked Jinyoung. "I thought I was dead," said Kisu. "But yeah," he said. "Interesting," hummed Jinyoung.