Chapter 11

The General and His Pet

"This is coming back to bite you," said a voice, causing Jinyoung to turn to said voice. "You knew this would come back to bite you eventually," said the hunter that had owned Dongwoo before him. "I won that fight fair and square," growled Jinyoung. "And yet you were willing to die..."
 

~



Jinyoung sat up with a gasp, looking around the room as he tried to calm himself down. "What the hell?" He asked, rubbing his face with his hand before getting up and heading out of the room after grabbing a towel and a change of clothes, going into the bathroom after knocking and closing the door behind him.

He stared at the dark circles under his eyes in the mirror and sighed, taking off his shirt and unconsciously tracing the nasty scar on his chest before turning to the bathtub and getting fully undressed before going to take a shower.

 

~



"Jinyoung," said Minhyun as Jinyoung left the bathroom after getting dressed. "Hm?" Asked Jinyoung. "JR's in the kitchen, I figured you'd want to talk to him alone," said Minhyun. Jinyoung nodded. "Alright," he said, heading in the direction of the kitchen.

"Minhyun told me you needed to speak with me," said JR as he sat at the kitchen island sipping a cup of coffee. "You had info on Jun," said Jinyoung as he went to get his cup of coffee before turning to JR as he leaned back against the counter.

"He's a werewolf," said JR. "Apparently Donghun had a run in with him before, thus why Kwangsuk and Kijoong were here a week ago," he said. "I'd warn you to be careful but I hear you had a backup plan," he said. "I do," hummed Jinyoung.

"What is this backup plan?" Asked JR. "It's slightly complicated," said Jinyoung. "But I'm going to need you to comply with it," he said. JR blinked in surprise.

"Do you know what your family line was?" Asked Jinyoung. JR looked thoughtful as he hummed. "I know some, but I was never aware of who my ancestors were," he said. "Why?" He asked.

"Did they ever talk about a term that's now translated to "wolfman?" Asked Jinyoung. "My grandfather did," said JR. "I didn't believe the stories at the time when I was human, but after I was turned I learned more about it from my grandfather," he said. "He explained how my ancestors became the first werewolves and whatnot," he said.

"Would you believe me if I said that you were my great to however many generations grandson?" Asked Jinyoung. JR almost choked on his drink in surprise, turning to Jinyoung after clearing his throat. "Really?" He asked. "I did have a wife and child before I was turned," said Jinyoung. "It seems the line continued after my first grandchild," he said. "But I never found out how far until recently," he said.

"So what is my role in this backup plan?" Asked JR. "Well, I'm asking to transfer Dongwoo's contract to you," said Jinyoung. "You want to do what?!" Asked JR.

 

~



"What the hell is this backup plan?" Asked Dongwoo as he turned to Jinyoung. "I had that dream again," said Jinyoung as he shrugged, taking a sip of his soda. "And you know the last time I had this particular dream," he hummed. "It was when Hyojin and them came to us about Minseok leaving," hummed Dongwoo. Jinyoung nodded.

"How do you know JR's not going to do anything stupid and get killed?" Asked Dongwoo. "Because it's JR," said Jinyoung. "If anything, he's too smart to get reckless like that," he said. "You'll do fine with him," he said. "But I'm going to need you there with me for this last fight, if what my network is saying is true," he said. "You know I wouldn't back down from a fight," said Dongwoo. "If it goes the way I think it will go, then it's best to hand the contract to someone else just in case," said Jinyoung.

"But why JR? I get that he's your relative and all but," Dongwoo said, looking confused. "He's good enough as a tracker to get by, and he's a natural leader," said Jinyoung. "You know I said that whoever holds your contract next is my successor," he said. "That's a big responsibility for him," said Dongwoo. "If he's anything like myself, he'll handle it," said Jinyoung. "I guess," said Dongwoo.

 

~



"This is a big thing for me," said JR. "Are you sure?" He asked. "It's a precaution," said Jinyoung. "If I come out of this alive you won't be bothered anymore," he said. "But if I die, then," he added, shrugging. "Right," said JR. "Is there a catch?" He asked. "No," said Jinyoung. "If you choose not to accept then that's fine," he said. "Not going to fault you for it," he said. JR nodded.

"If this is temporary until whatever happens with Jun is resolved, I'm fine with taking the contract," said JR. "But if something happens, I don't know about taking the responsibility as the next general," he said. "We'll see what happens," said Jinyoung. JR nodded.

"So that's it huh?" Asked Dongwoo as he walked into the kitchen. "Yeah," said Jinyoung. Dongwoo took off his necklace and handed it to Jinyoung. "I shall pass the contract to you then," said Jinyoung as he held out the necklace to JR. JR took the necklace, studying the pendant on it as he furrowed his eyebrows in thought. Dongwoo raised an eyebrow.

"Well," said JR as he turned to Dongwoo, walking up to him. "Dongwoo, I have the contract over your soul, do you accept?" He asked. "I accept," said Dongwoo. JR nodded and slipped the necklace over Dongwoo's head, feeling a slight jolt as the contract transferred to him. "I'll try not to get myself killed in the meantime," he said, stepping away from Dongwoo. "I'm on leave for a bit anyway, since Junior requested it," he said, shrugging. "Alright," said Jinyoung.