The emptiness

Stay With Me

Third person's P.O.V.

"Baekhyun is okay?... Hyung?.... right?..."

"Chanyeol ,come with me. I will explain." Suho says while passing him.

"No, hyung.... Please,tell me Baek is okay...."

"Chanyeol, you are a doctor yourself . I think you should hear my explanation first ."

Chanyeol is scared to hear. Right now he has only one question in mind....Is Baek okay or not?....

He follows Suho. Suho takes him in his room . He takes out a pendrive from his pocket .Yongsan is one of the most modern hospital in Korea . They are very careful, confidential and secured in preserving patients' records. Chanyeol knows it's containing Baekhyun's overall investigation reports and treatment informations.

Suho inserts the pendrive in desktop laptop and turn it towards Chanyeol after fixing something.The screen is showing Baekhyun's Head's radiological image ( CT-scan) report . Observing it Chanyeol can detect fracture on his skull and also bleeding inside his brain.. then some another radiological images of brain....

Suho starts his explanation,

"Chanyeol, after observing during surgery we have found out at first his head was hit by something that's made of glass .and later the car accident made his head injury severe.

We have take out several pieces of glass from his head as far as we could .The outter part of brain is severely is injured.We couldn't go to deeper portion of brain although it showed little bit injury.Right now going in deeper part is so risky . He has lost a lot of blood from head injury. The brain is now in very sensitive condition . Single crude touch can result in damage .We have tried to handle it so gently .You can see, there's bleeding inside...yes,he has internal bleeding in brain. We have removed clotted blood from there and secured those bleeding blood vessels ..."

Suho continues changing slides of his laptop showing different reports on Baekhyun's injury and also continues his explanation,

"His body has more than 10 cut injuries . We have removed glass pieces from most of them . Even some were so deep that we have given stitches on the wounds.

He has got 3 rib fractures of chest cage .He wasn't with seat belt while in the car .The traction of the car accident has really impacted so bad on him.

And this right hand . It has humerous fracture and also radius fracture . According to orthopaedics surgeon May be he was pushed forward due to traction of accident which caused so much pressure on bones of his right hand. Apparently the left hand has no fracture but it's containing several bruises.There's no fracture in leg but his right knee has ligament sprain..."

Chanyeol is just speechless and frozen thinking how much injured Baekhyun is . Suho is thinking whether he should say about the forensic doctor's report or not .The persecutor ordered to perform also forensic examination to file lawsuit at the same time of surgery as his condition was serious that time and it has also turned into important police case so simple evidence can't be missed .

"Chanyeol ,it was attempt . They tried but couldn't . He wasn't ."

It's not a matter for Chanyeol whether he was or not .The matter to consider for him was Baekhyun was hurt and injured .He knows how much innocent Baekhyun is . Baekhyun even didn't want to have any physical relationship with him while Chanyeol was drunk.

Suho stops talking for taking breath .He takes a deep breath before starting again,

"Actually Baekhyun was carrying twin babies . You know that twin babies usually has bigger and separate placenta*(A/N: I have given explanation of placenta at the end of this episode... please, check it ) than normal single babies. Baekhyun had miscarriage of only one baby .but it was in lower part of the placenta which caused more bleeding then usual miscarriage . We were confused at first as it was really hard to control bleeding . We needed to cut open his tummy . The another baby's placenta was intact ,but Baekhyun's body isn't in condition of carrying baby right now .We have aborted it."

"twin?!!!"

Suho nods . It was really so hard decision for them whether to abort or not abort the another baby whose placenta was intact . Sometimes reality is so harsh . Emotion can't get priority then . 

Chanyeol can't believe how much cruel truth gonna appear in front of him constantly one by one . Right now he wants to stop everything around him.

"......Baekhyun's condition is stable now?.....he won't go in coma or anything serious?."

"We have sent him to ICU . We will keep him there until his condition get stable . it's brain injury , Chanyeol. You are also a neurosurgeon. You know we can't say anything straight right now . We will observe next 24 hours .As far as we can hope he won't go in coma."

Suho can see how much broken is Chanyeol Infront of him .His appearance is saying how much emotional storm is occurring inside him.

"Chanyeol ,be strong... There's Baekhyun's family too....You have to be strong for them. And also for Baekhyun ...."

" Okay." 

Chanyeol says very slowly . Hearing the voice Suho can understand how much struggle he has done to say just this single simple words .

Chanyeol leaves Suho's room .He needs sometimes to be alone .He steps towards his own room . Entering the room he punches on the water glass on his table.

The glass becomes scattered into pieces and the water that was inside the glass runs through the table wetting the papers he has prepared for upcoming conference . Looking at the papers he takes them from the table and throw them in the dustbin near table .He doesn't need them anymore..

The door of the room gets open revealing Sandara .She hasn't gone yet after the shift ends. She has got the news of Baekhyun's accident.She was waiting to say sorry and also to console him .

But looking at exhausted Chanyeol, broken glass pieces and waters around she gets scared . She can see the bleeding from Chanyeol's hand. 

"Chanyeol!!!....you are bleeding from hand"

Chanyeol looks at his own hand...Yes..... it's bleeding .But it's just nothing compared to how much Baekhyun has bleeded . It will aching later .But that will never how much Baekhyun has suffered.

Sandara steps towards him to touch his hand,but Chanyeol steps back and stops her with another hand.He doesn't want to see her or talk with her.

" It's okay..... Stay away...."

" I am sorry , Chanyeol...I couldn't ever think my decision would make misunderstanding between you and your spouse....And .... Sorry for your loss." 

Sorry!!!....Is sorry can make everything okay...If he says sorry to Baekhyun then he will forget everything and forgive him? ...Will then everything be alright?

"Leave me alone now," Chanyeol says sternly .His voice was something that Sandara never heard before. She leaves .

Chanyeol can feel his knees are becoming so weak . He steps back,leans on wall and then sits down .He cover his face with the uninjured hand. He is feeling so empty ... So empty ...But he has to take care of Baekhyun afterall . So, he forces himself to stand up . Cover his bleeding hand with a handkerchief ,no need to treat ...Then he steps towards ICU .Next 24 hours gonna be most crucial time for him .....

( Placenta* - placenta is the connection between mother and baby..... It's a discoid shaped structure where baby stays and has a cord like structure attached to it.......this cord is attached to womb and has connection with mother... through this baby gets nutrition, oxygen and blood from mother....Twin babies can have one placenta or two placenta....if they share one placenta then they share similarities...like both will be like Chanyeol....if they share two placenta then they will share similarities like simple non-twin siblings ..like one like Chanyeol , another like Baekhyun.... 

And Bleeding from lower part of placenta is a medical emergency..... that's called "placenta previae".....)

****************

Hi,I am back again.... I should mention that right now I am studying in a medical university . I have used some of my experience and knowledge in this fanfiction...If anything seems bit not understandable then just say me...I will add simple explanation.....

I hope you guys are liking my story..

If u like it please please please VOTE ....

And comment too..

Killer reader is better than Silent reader

I am getting discouraged seeing the the vote and view rate. ....😑😑😑 If it seems bore,then I will take a break.

BTW Love you all ...Stay well and stay with it❤️❤️❤️