Nine

My Missing Half

If you guys got the update well I updated two chapters so go back if you guys went directly to this chapter lol

 

 

 

 

Jaehyun and I are now dropping Mark off at my parents house since tonight was the event where his company is throwing a party, Jaehyun waited in the car while I walk Mark to my parents' place. My family doesn't know much about Jaehyun, they haven't met him yet. The only reason why they knew about him was because of my dear son, he kept talking none stop about his 'Dad' to my parents to the point where my family asked me if I'm seeing anyone and I didn't see a point of lying so I told them that I am seeing someone and that someone is Mark's actual father. They were curious who it is and I've shown them pictures of Jaehyun but his schedule has been really tight lately that I haven't gotten a chance to introduce him to them.

After dropping Mark off we went back to my place and got ready, I was nervous since this is the first time I go to any company party but feel a bit better since I know he's going to be there. "Hyung are you ready?" Jaehyun got ready faster than I did so he waited outside in the living room till I'm done. 

Jaehyun have his back on me and it looks like he's fixing his bow tie, even though I always see him everyday wearing a suit and tie because of his work tonight he looks different. "Uh Jaehyun-ah can you help me with this bow tie?" Jaehyun turned around and just stare at me without saying anything. 

"What? Did I put it on wrong?...Do I have something on my face?" He snapped from that trance when I asked questions.

"I'm sorry hyung it's just...WOW! You were already handsome but you in a suit you look like a statue!" I cannot believe he just said that, he's overreacting. 

"Stop being so cheesy and please help me with this bow tie or we'll be late for your company party."

"Hyung sometimes when you're mad it gets scary and I get scared but this time you just look cute." He walked up to me and fixed my bow tie.

Once we're all ready Jaehyun and I headed to the place where the event is taking place. Jaehyun said that his uncle is going to be there and said that he wants to introduce me to him, that's why I'm nervous cause I'm meeting another family memeber of his. I'm still unsure if his parents actually like me and I just hope his uncle will like me.

When we pulled up to the building there was a valet service and just from seeing that I know this party is going to be a really fancy one, it's in a really fancy hotel. We walked inside the building and the room wasn't so bright but just have dim lights. Jaehyun was then swarmed by people which who I assume are his co-workers, it was getting too crowded and a lot of people seem like they want to talk to Jaehyun that it seems like I'm being pushed away but before I knew it a hand held mine tightly. I looked at who the hand belongs to and it was none other than him of course, he smiled at me with those dimples appearing and pulled me closer to him just so he won't lose me in the crowd.

When we found our table I sat right away while he stands close to me talking to his co-workers again, it looks like he's very popular in his work place. After what seemed like forever he sat down right beside me and drank a whole glass of water. "We just got here and you already look like you're done for the night."

"I have no idea why they want to talk about work while we're at a party."

"You can rest for a bit now." even though the room was a bit dark I can see a figure walking towards us, I haven't seen this person before but it's probably one of Jaehyun's co-worker. I told Jaehyun that his colleague is coming over but he said it wasn't his colleague but his uncle.

"Uncle! How are you?" he got up from his seat and instead of shaking his hand like what he did he gave him a hug instead. I knew he worked with his uncle and that for sure he was going to be here but I thought I wouldn't meet him till later on the night since there's so many people in this event.

"I'm good kid, did you talk to your parents? I spoke to your father a few days ago and he said you won't be going home this year?" while they were talking I do what I do best and that's be awkward, I put my head down and waited for them to get done. I blank both of them out since it's none of my business I try not to eavesdrop not till I heard his uncle ask who I was. I looked up and they're both looking at me.

"Uhh this is Taeyong." I got up and shook his uncle's hand and just stood right next to Jaehyun.

"Taeyong? The Taeyong your parents talked about?" he asked jaehyun and he just nodded, his parents talked about me?

"Well welcome to the family Taeyong, hope my childish nephew doesn't give you any troubles and if he does just contact me and I'll put him on his place." we both laughed but Jaehyun pouted hearing that from his uncle.

As the night deepen we ate dinner then everyone stated to talk to each other again and most are hanging out by the bar, just like everyone we both went to the bar and grabbed some drink. "What do you want to drink hyung?"

"I'll just get juice."

"You're not gonna drink any alcohol?"

"No, I quit."

"Quit?! Since when?"

"Since I got pregnant with Mark, I mean it's obvious you're not allowed to drink while you're pregnant but even after a year I gave birth I never drank again."

"Really? So you won't drink tonight?"

"No I'm not drinking, do you remember what happened after we got drunk?"

"Both of us?...Ohh! I mean we both made a good looking child."

"That's not what I mean Jaehyun-ah." 

"I was just joking hyung, I understand and I'll only drink a little I promise."

That promise didn't last long, just a few minutes after he said that his friends dragged him to the bar and had shots. He seems to be having fun and I don't want to keep him away from them so I just let him have fun till he's had enough. While he's at the bar I went back to our table and messaged my parents if they're doing fine and if Mark already went to bed. Everyone is talking someone and I'm all by myself in the table till someone sat next to me and introduced herself. "Hello I'm Naeun, I just started a month ago but I don't believe we've met yet."

"Oh hi I'm Taeyong, I don't work here."

"Ahh that's why I haven't seen you around at the building. So are you here with your wife or relative or..."

"I came with my boyfriend."

"Boyfriend? What department does he work?"

"I have no idea where he works I never actually asked him."

"Then what's his name? Maybe I've seen or met that person."

"His name is Jaehyun, Jung Jaehyun." when I mentioned Jaehyun's name she seemed surprised. 

"Jung Jaehyun? Did he go to SM High School?" after I nodded she looked around looking for him.

"Ho-How do you know Jaehyun?"

"We went out when we were still in high school, he was my senior and I was a junior."

"HYUNGGG!!!" while Naeun and I are still talking a drunken Jaehyun came over. I stood up, caught him and made him look at me. 

"Jaehyun-ah are you drunk?" he didn't answer but just hugged me and swayed me left to right. 

"Jaehyun oppa?" Naeun stood up and Jaehyun stopped and we both looked at her.

"Naeun? Hey how are you?" instead of shaking her hand or giving her a hug he just put his arm around me and pulled me closer to him.

"I'm good oppa, I didn't know you work here and I didn't know you're already in a relationship."

"Oh yeah I am, I am madly in love *hiccup* with this guy right here. Oh Naeun-ah do you want to see *hiccup* a picture of our son?!" he pulled out his phone and showed her a picture of Mark.

"Oppa you have a son?" 

"Yeah! I think hyung was already carrying him when we were going out..."

"Okay I think it's time for us to head home Jaehyun-ah. It was nice to meet you Naeun." I had to hold on to Jaehyun cause he can't walk properly.

I'm scrambling through the crowd with a full grown man dead weight on me, since he can barely walk I don't think he can drive, I was trying to reach my phone when Jaehyun's uncle bumped on us.

"Taeyong? What happned to Jaehyun?"

"Uhh...he did some shots with his friends and then this is the result."

"So are you two going home now?."

"Yes sir, I was just gonna call my friend if he can come and pick us up."

"It's already almost 2 am, let's just book you two a room for the night and leave tomorrow when he's all sober." I agreed since it is late and Johnny is probably already sleeping. The three of us went to the lobby and I set Jaehyun on one of the couches in the lobby. Jaehyun is still knocked out and his uncle is by the front desk getting us a room. I am so thankful that his uncle bumped on us and that the event was held in an hotel.

"Alright Taeyong, I got you both a room on the 10th floor. Let me help you with him." he helped me carry Jaehyun to our floor and I am so happy cause I don't think I can carry him all the way here. When we got to our room we put Jaehyun on the bed and I walked his uncle to the door and thanked him.

"I apologize on behalf of my nephew for causing you trouble."

"It's alright sir you don't have to apologize."

"You don't have to keep calling me 'sir', the way Jaehyun talks about you you can just start calling me uncle." I thanked him once again and said our goodbyes. I looked at Jaehyun lying on the bed and I tried taking his shoes off and jacket so he'll be comfortable sleeping but then he woke up.

"Hyung! I'm sorry."

"Oh you scared me Jaeyun-ah and what are you apologizing for?"

"I'm sorry what I did to you at that party, I took advantage of the drunken you. I'm so sorry hyung." he started tearing up and he looked kind of cute.

"That was a long time ago Jaehyun-ah. Even though we didn't intend for that to happen I'm not mad at the outcome, you gave me the most precious thing I can have in my life." and with that he dozed off, I doubt he'll remeber anything tomorrow.

 

 

 

 

The next chapter might be the last chapter for this story