Six

My Missing Half

Jaehyun went to a business trip over a week ago and ever since then he would call me every night just so he could talk to Mark and I, it's been a month since Jaehyun found out that he's Mark's father I wasn't ready to tell him then but I just broke down crying and ended up telling him that he was. Since then Jaehyun has been keeping his promises, every now and then he would take Mark to go out and play with him, he told me he's very awkward and don't really know how to be like a father to him but from what I see he's doing a very good job. I ask Mark what he thought of Jaehyun whenever he's not around and Mark would always say that he's the 'fun uncle'. Johnny on the other hand was a bit upset when he heard Mark's answer, he thought he was the fun uncle. 


Today Jaehyun gets back from his trip and even though he's suppose to go home and rest he really wanted to come over and spend the rest of the night in my place. I haven't told Jaehyun that I told Mark that he's the father, Mark on the other hand was very happy when I told him that, he's happy that now he has two parents and seeing him happy like that just makes my heart full. When I told Mark that Jaehyun will be over in a few hours he insisted that we throw a little 'welcome home' party for him, I have no idea where this kid learn these stuff. 


After a few hours passed someone rang the doorbell and Mark looked at me with those puppy eyes and I just nodded indicating that it's the person he's been waiting for he past few days. He ran to the door and I just trailed behind him, once the door was opened Mark jumped on Jaehyun and that made him drop his bag and catch Mark. He seemed shocked, tilted his head and looked at me with a questionable look. "Welcome home daddy!" Mark just keeps hugging him like a koala hugging a tree. 

"Daddy?...Hyung, he knows?" he walked inside the house with Mark still clinging onto him, before closing the door I grabbed his bag that he seemed to have forgotten.

"Mark get off of him, and yes he knows. I told him, I'm very sorry I know you want to tell him together but I...."  I was cut off by Mark saying that I'm talking too fast again. Jaehyun laughed and managed to get Mark off of him.

"Hyung you don't have to say sorry, I was just wondering why he called me that and before you say anything no I'm not mad that you told him without me. This is the best welcome home I've ever recieved." I got up and set the table so we can finally eat while Mark and Jaehyun are playing in the living room. Seeing them play together makes me feel whole. It was always Mark and I, sometimes Johnny and Haechan would be over but it's just not the same.

While eating Mark suggested that Jaehyun sleepover both of them keep looking at me hoping I would say yes and of course I couldn't say no to my son. Instead of sleeping in our perspective rooms we decided to make a big space in the living room to fit all three of us. Mark seemed pretty excited and the only few times he had sleepovers is when he goes to Johhny's place or when Haechan wants to sleepover here. They gathered almost every pillow from mine and Mark's room, when Mark went and washed up to be ready to lay down on the floor and just watch tv. "Hyung do you have any clothes I could wear?"

I forgot that Jaehyun needed to change and he's actually still in his suit, I went to my room and looked through my closet if I can find something big enough for him to wear. Jaehyun has a bigger figure than I do so I really need to find a very baggy clothes. After Mark got done washing up it was his turn and I gave him everything he can use to shower. Once everybody is ready to go to bed we all laid down on the floor where we set up our blankets and pillows. Mark decided to lay down between Jaehyun and I and I'm kind of thankful cause I think it'll be awkward sleeping beside him. Mark was the first one to fall asleep and as usual whenver someone is sleeping right beside he gets clingy but I guess out of habit he clung on to me.

I had a bit of a hard time sleeping and once I try to close my eyes I heard Jaehyun call my name. "Hyung...are you sleeping yet?"

"No not yet, why aren't you sleeping yet?"

"I can't really sleep, I'm still thnking about what happened earlier. When Mark called me 'dad', when he called me that I felt a sense of happiness that I never felt before. I guess I just want to thank you hyung, for giving me a chance to be a father to Mark and not take him away from me."

"Honestly I was scared...scared that you'll take Mark away from me if you find out." I can't believe Jaehyun and I are having this talk, at late night and with Mark between us.

"Never would I have thought of that hyung." Even thought I can't see his face I can feel his sincerity.

"Are you sure you're really up for this Jaehyun-ah? I just don't want to disappoint Mark if one day you decide that you don't want to do this anymore and just leave."

"I might need some help on some things but I would never walk out on you two. I never thought I'd have a family since I like to keep myself busy with work, but none of those matter now that I have the both of you. I promise you hyung I'll never leave you and Mark."

After a few minutes there was just silence and I'm sure he's already asleep, after playing with Mark I'm sure he's tired. I wonder if what he said is all true, that he won't leave Mark and I. He's been very patient about me as well, he comes over and doesn't even expect an answer from me. Me wanting a happy family wasn't that far anymore now that Jaehyun is here.

 

The next day I woke up earlier than the two, it's a Saturday so that means I have work and I have to drop Mark off to my parents. When they woke up they were already asking for food and while eating I told Mark that he has to go to his grandparents house for the day but he started protesting saying he wants to stay with Jaehyun.

"Sweetie he has to go home."

"No! I want to stay with dad!"

"Mark I have to go to work and you have to go to your granparents house." Mark has never been like this he never argued whenever I tell him that he has to stay at his grandparents' while I work.

"Hyung I'll watch him while you're at work, I don't mind spending the day with him."

"See dad said I can stay with him. Please appa let me stay with him."

"If it's not a burden for you Jaehyun would you...?"

"No hyung, I would be happy to be with him. We could learn a little more about one another." and as I leave to go to work Jaehyun and Mark dropped me off and I've never seen Mark so happy to spend his day with someone. Before I stepped out I gave Mark a little peck on his forehead.

"Mark I want you to behave, okay? Listen to what Jaehyun says."

"I will Appa, I'll see you later. I love you!"

My son and his father are spending the day together and I have no idea how itll turn out. Mark really likes him so I don't think I should worry, should I? ALl day at work all I could think about was the both of them, are they getting along fine? Did Jaehyun feed Mark? What could they have been doing at this moment? So many questions poppped in my head.

 

Later as the day goes on I got pictures and messages from Jaehyun and Mark and they are having fun, I didn't need to worry about anything. Jaehyun said him and Mark will pick me up when I get off work and I kind of looking forward to it. Once they came and picked me up I looked back where Mark was sitting in the back seat and he's surrounded with toys.

"What is all of that?!" I asked both Jaehyun and Mark and they just looked at each other like they don't see the toys. I was just shaking my head since neither of them answered me, when we got back to my place both Jaehyun and Mark carried the toys they got throughout the day. Once I settled my bag on the couch I crossed my arms and looked at them who's on the floor unboxing the toys. "Care to explain what these are?"

"Daddy got these for me."

"I can explain hyung." I raised my eyebrow and look at him waiting for the explanation.

"Mark was being a good boy and he said he really wanted these toys...he keeps giving me those puppy eyes like what you have hyung and I just can't help but buy it for him."

"You need to work on that, you can't just keep giving in whenever he does that."

"You should've seen it hyung, he looked so cute with those eyes." Jaehyun followed me to the kitchen telling me every cute things that Mark did.

"I've seen every cute faces that Mark made and I'm basically immune to it by now." As I'm talking to Jaehyun I'm trying to get the ingredients out for dinner tonight.

"Hyung why don't we do take out for tonight, you've worked hard enough you're probably really tired."

"Jaehyun-ah, I do this almost every day I'm used to it."

"Then...why don't I cook for all of us tonight while you relax."

"You can cook? I never knew that."

"Well I had to learn since I live alone and my mom doesn't like it when I eat instant or take out."

He forced me to sit in the dining table and now I'm just sitting down watching Jaehyun cook and Mark is still in the living room playing with his new toys. The more I spend time with Jaehyun the more I'm seeing new things from him. He seemed to be really devoted towards Mark. Maybe just maybe this will change everything, not just for Mark but also for me.

 

 

 

 

I completely forgot that I was gonna update tonight so hope you guys like this chapter. I do want to make this fast pace story and I do hope you guys are fine with that...