One

My Missing Half

As a highschool senior I tried to avoid everyone and everything, only focusing on passing the classes so I can graduate and get out. Yes that's what I tried to do until an exchange student transfered to my school. He wasn't a foreign student or anything per se, well he kind of was, he's Korean but grew up in the U.S., from what I heard at least was that his parents wanted him to finish high school here.

I don't even know why I associated myself with him, he wasn't a bad kid he was nice to everyone, he even earned the nickname 'Handsome Gentleman'. The only reason why I knew him was because he's friends with my best friend's crush, a little cute Chinese boy that my dear Japanese friend have been courting. Yuta, my friend, would constantly drag me with him to his little 'dates' with SiCheng(WinWIn). He never did that before not until SiCheng would bring his new friend along. 

Him and I never have anything in common, he's seen as this warm guy that could melt anyone with his dimples when he smiles at them and I on the other hand is nicknamed the 'Jack Frost' throughout high school...actually throughout my whole school life. I can't help it though I've had this face ever since I was born I can't really change it, well I can but plastic surgery is way too expensive, it's not like there's anything wrong with my face I just have a cold face or what people call 'RBF' a Resting B*tch Face.

Back to him, what I learned from hanging out with him was that he is actually not just a pretty face but he's also smart and also quite athletic. He is completely opposite from me, not that I'm dumb I'm okay when it comes to my grades. We both got pretty close with one another and sometimes we would hangout on weekends without Yuta and SiCheng.

He's in the 2nd year and I'm on my last year of high school so the only time we would hang out when we're in school is either if we're both on break, if we have class together or during lunch time. When other students would see us hanging out they would always whisper and give me dirty looks, I don't know if he would notice them but I for sure do. I even tried smiling at them like him but for some reason they get scared and run away.

 

We were in good terms until the last month of the year. One weekend my friend Johnny decided to throw a party when his parents were away for the weekend and invited almost all seniors to come, I wanted to stay home and play games but Johnny came bursting in my house and dragging me out of my room. Yuta decided to invite SiCheng and of course his friend tagged along with him. He saw me by myself in the corner and came up to me.

"Hyung what are you drinking?"

"I don't know, Johnny just gave it to me." I actually don't know what it is, I trust Johnny so I've drank almost the whole cup. He took the cup away from me and took a sip.

"Hyung I think this is alcohol." Really? it didn't taste like it.

I saw him holding the exact same red cup. "That means yours is alcohol too, you're too young to drink."

"Hyung you're not old enough yourself too." We both laughed it off and continued to drink whatever we have in the cup. We stayed in that corner and just talked throughout the night, some girls did come up to us only to talk to him and I felt left out. I excused myself from the group and decided to use the bathroom, I've been to Johnny's house many times so I knew where the rooms are.

Once I was done with the bathroom I opened the door and saw him standing there. "Did you need to use it too?"

"No hyung it's okay, I'm still good."

"Then why stand in front of the bathroom? Weren't you having fun with those girls?" I looked at the direction where we were and those girls are still standing there waiting for him.

"They kind of made me uncomfortable so I left and looked for you."For some reason that kind of made me happy inside.

"If you're not comfortable going back there then where should we go?" I had to think a bit since a huge headache was causing a bit of pain.

"There's a guest room where I sleep soemtimes whenever I come over."

"That's great then, let's get out of here hyung." We went upstairs to one of the guest room they have, we both sat at the edge of the bed and what happened next was a blur for me. All I know was that when we got back to school he would ignore me, I have no idea what happened but we were starting to depart form each other's life. 

 

After graduating high school Johnny and I decided to rent an apartment together since the University we wanted to attend together is a bit far from our houses. Our paretns are close with one another so they were cool letting us live together. Johnny and I found jobs so that we could afford the things that we need to survive, it's a bit far to travel back and forth from our parents house to our apartment even though Johnny has a car we just focused on our jobs and getting ready for University. 

A month or so after moving in together Johnny noticed somehting different about me. "Taeyong-ah don't take this to heart but did you gain weight?"

"I don't know, I don't really fit my jeans anymore and I've been wearing jogging pants so maybe I am gaining weight." Since I don't live with my parents anymore I'm eating more unhealthy foods that I've been craving for a while now. "Well you do need to gain a bit of weight, you're too skinny."

More months passed and my belly seemed to get bigger and nothing in my body is getting bigger alongside with my belly. "Taeyong-ah we should go to the doctor to check that up." Johnny suggested and I can't agree more. He drove us to the hospital and and after the doctor did some checks on me we waited out by the hall, for some reason I'm kind of nervous what the result will be.

"Calm down Yong-ah, everything will be fine." Johnny is trying to calm me down and honestly I'm just scared if the doctor will say that's it's life threatening. Half an hour passed and the doctor finally called us to his office.

"Congratulations! You're 10 weeks pregnant." The doctor said right when we sat down.

"Excuse me, what did you say?" I couldn't wrap it around my head to what the doctor just said.

"You're pregnant Mr. Lee. You tested positive on the pregnancy test and I printed a picture of the ultrasound to show you your baby." My mind went blank to the point where I couldn't hear anything from the doctor.

After the visit to the doctor Johnny and I went home and he sat me down on the couch and all I could do is stare at the ultrasound picture the doctor gave me while he grabbed me a cup of water. "Are you okay? Do you have any idea who the father is? Do you want to call your parents?" Johnny asked so many question and all I could do is cry.

"I'm sorry, I'll stop asking questions." Johnny just sat silently beside me rubbing my back to calm me down. "No it's okay, I'm okay and I need time to think before I tell my parents."

"How about the baby's father? Do you have any idea who he is? I don't remember you being in a relationship in high school."

"Yeah I know who he is but I don't know if he would want this." I got up form the couch and went into my room to sleep off what I just discovered today.

 

When my parents found out they weren't happy at all but learned to accept it anyways. At this point I'm already 24 weeks, my belly is already looking quite big. I had a little time to walk around the neighborhood before Johnny and I go back to our apartment. My feet took me to my high school and I stood there by the entrance, school year just started so everyone is back to school again. I have no idea why but I'm waiting for a certain someone to show up. Once I heard the school bell I see all the students walking out of the building. 

I saw SiCheng walking out with his head down, maybe he went back to U.S. and only stayed here for that one year. I was about to turn around when I heard a certain voice a very distinct voice that I could not forget. "WinWin-ah wait up!" I turned around and saw that person running towards SiCheng. My face lit  up like a Christmas tree, I was happy to see him and was about to greet both of them but I stopped when I someone went up to them.

"Oppa wait for me!" she wrapped her arms around his waist and he put his arm over her shoulder. I just turned around and started walking faster so they wouldn't catch up to me, they seemed to be in a relationship. As I walk towards my house Johnny stopped me and forced me to look at him. "Yong-ah! Are you okay? Are you in pain?"

"What makes you say that?" I let out a little laugh.

"You have tears running down your face." I touched my face and I felt something wet, did I actually cry just seeing him with someone? It's not like him and I were ever in a relationship anyways. "It's nothing, I just saw a cute puppy."

 

I never went back to my parents neighborhood, afraid that I might bump into him, I stayed away from there till my last month of being pregnant. Johnny has been helping me with my craving and mood swings and I couldn't thank him enough for being there throughout my whole pregnancy.

After I felt contractions Johnny drove me to the hospital and checked me in and after a whole 32 hours of being in labor I finally gave birth to my baby boy and I couldn't be any happier.

"Hey baby boy, I'm uncle Johnny." Johnny said in a baby voice and asked me what his name is.

"His name is Mark, Lee MinHyung." 

 

 

 

 

This is my first Jaeyong story so I hope you guys like it!!!