Valentines

Leave Me Breathless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Requested by: imyoona_islove

Prompt: Minho and Yoona celebrate valentines

 

Valentines

Minho § Yoona

MinYoon

Sighing, Minho stood in the middle of the hallway with people standing around him in a circle. He quirked an eyebrow when he realized his classmates seemed to be waiting in anticipation for something. The question was what though? Suddenly, the students seem to part like the red sea revealing a fidgeting Yoona.

Noticing there was something in her hand as she walked towards him, he wondered for a brief moment what it could be. Then it dawned on him. It all made sense now why there seemed to be a sudden need to wear red or pink that day. And all the random battering of eyelashes and wink that where directed at him.. It was Valentine’s day, a day where it’s normal for women to give men gifts/chocolates. That would also explain why Yoona insisted on him picking a favorite flavor for chocolates. Oh no!!!  Instantly Minho’s face paled over. Anything but that! When she was only inches away from him, she shoved a small clear plastic bag in front of his face. “Ff—for you” Stumbling over her own words, her cheeks turned into a nice shade of bright pink.

The students all around hushed into silence, it was a well known fact that Choi Minho didn’t accept anyone’s chocolate or any variation of a gift. Reasons were unknown, but Yoona wouldn’t know that. She was the new student that had transferred to their school half a year ago. But then again she was also the same student who seemed to have befriended Minho in a very short amount of time. And now the two of them seemed to be close friends.

With each passing second, Yoona felt her heart sink further. Just when she was about to pull back, his hand brushed against hers. He took off the weight from her hand that was starting to weigh like a ton. “Gomawo.” He shot her a quick smile before popping a chocolate, she made into his mouth.

Waiting for any sort of reaction, Yoona watched him carefully chew on the sweet and then swallow. “Delicious!” he complimented her with a forced smile, though she didn’t seem to notice. Yoona was already on cloud nine and beaming at no one in particular.

Much to Yoona’s disappointment and Minho’s relief the bell rang, signaling time to get to class. “I have to get to class; I still have to look through my notes for a test. I’ll see you later.” Minho said quickly shuffling through the crowd.

By the time Yoona’s mind returned to earth, Minho’s figure had already vanished from her view. Huffing in annoyance for the time of the bell, Yoona headed in the direction of her class as well.

Briskly pushing past her fellow classmates, Yoona plopped herself in a seat at her usual lunch table. “What’s up with you? It’s not like you to be late for lunch.” Key asked while making a face when Onew stuffed a piece of chicken in his mouth.

Groaning in her hands, she grumbled. “I got held up by some jealous girls.” Choosing not to ask her for further details, the diva king went back to his food. “Hey, where’s Minho?” Yoona asked when she realized her table was one male short.

“He went home.” Onew informed her in between bites. “Apparently, Minho ate some idiot girl’s chocola— Taemin stop poking me! Anyway Minho went home right after that. I don’t understand why that pabo ate it, especially since he’s allergic to chocola—what?!?” Oney exclaimed in frustration spraying food everywhere much to the rest of the people’s discomfort.

“Too late.” Taemin mumbled under his breath, pointing at Yoona.

Realizing how crestfallen and pale the doe-eyed girl had suddenly become, Onew’s jaw dropped. “Oh…mianhe…Yoong, I didn’t realize you were the one. Besides it’s Minho’s fault for not telling you of his allergies. So don’t blame yourself…too much.” With Onew’s last line of comfort, Yoona’s lips quivered, seemingly ready to burst into tears any second.

Kicking his hyung under the table, Taemin tried a different way to comfort her. “Don’t worry noona, hyung will be all better with a few shots. You can ask for his forgiveness tomorrow.”

“Wha—” she crocked out right before large drops of tears slid down her face. If they had thought she was pale earlier than it was nothing compared to the state she was in now. She was as white as a sheet! Everyone who close to Minho knew the popular man had a phobia of needles ever since he was young…

“Aniyo, it also depends if Minho is willing to meet her. She did after all pressure him to eat it in front of everyone.” Jonghyun added his own input. He had meant it as a joke, it was pretty obvious Minho would forgive her in a matter seconds. But Yoona didn’t seem to know that since she was now balling her eyes out now…

“You guys are horrible.” Key shook his head while patting Yoona on her back, trying to calm her down. “Yoona-ah! Why don’t you go and apologize to him later, I’m sure he would be happy to see you.”

“You think so?” she sniffled. When he nodded, as if by magic, all traces of her earlier breakdown vanished. “Okay.” She answered brightly leaving the boys wondering what had just happened.

Wrenching her overly long jacket sleeve, Yoona bit down on her lip. Should I? Shouldn’t I?... Maybe I should wait until tomorrow. After debating with herself for several minutes in the freezing cold, she spun on her heel ready to leave. Right when she was about to take a step down, the door behind her swung open. “Yoona?” A baritone voice questioned her causing her to cringe.

Forcing a smile on her face, she slowly turned around. “Hey Minho, I just came to check up on you, since Onew told me you are allergic…well now that you’re okay, I think I’m going to go now. I’ll see you at school.” Slurring her words in apprehension, Yoona skipped down the step, completely ready to run off, only to be stopped by a pull on her wrist.

“Why don’t you come in.” he offered to which Yoona shook her head vigorously. There was no way she was going inside for fear of him possibly yelling at her. “I insist.” He gently tightened his hold on her wrist. They stood outside for several minutes before Yoona sighed in defeat and nodded her head.

“Would you like something to drink?” he asked when she sat down in the living room. With her face casted downwards it was impossible to tell what she was thinking, but somehow there was something different about her compared to other days. Noticing her pale complexion, on instinct he placed his hand on her forehead. “Are you okay? You seem sick but you don’t feel warm…” As suddenly as he had touched her, Yoona started sobbing uncontrollably, much to his horror. “Oh my gosh, did I hurt you? Please don’t cry.” An anxious Minho gushed while dashing around the room looking for some tissue for her.

“Oppaaa, I’m soooo sorry. I really didn’t know that you were allergic if I would’ve known I would’ve never…hic.” Refusing to meet his eyes, she hooded her face with her hair. Honestly, what had she been thinking, just showing up at his house like this? It was too irrational of her to do something like this…but she had been worried.

Grasping her chin to face him, he used his free hand to wipe her tears away. “Whoa, slow down what are you talking about?”

“The chocolates…hic…I gave you…oppa said…hic…you would never forgive me.” She attempted to say though her hiccups were getting a hold of her.

Bewildered by her statement Minho’s jaw dropped. Where was all this coming from?

“I knew it, you’re angry aren’t you? I shouldn’t have come—” stopping abruptly from a finger her lips, Yoona’s eyes widened at the intimacy.

“Will you slow down? In case you haven’t noticed I’m fine, so there’s no reason for me to be angry. Secondly, I’m not going to blame you on something you didn’t do on purpose. You didn’t know I was allergic, there is nothing to forgive.” He spoke slowly staring deep into her eyes to show her he was speaking the truth.

Nodding wryly, Yoona’s tears stopped. “So you’re sure you’re not angry?” she asked wanting to make sure of his feelings.

“Ne, I’m sure. I’ll even help kill whoever told you I would never forgive you.” Forming a fist with his hand to make his point, Minho snarled to no one in particular.

Laughing at the comical face he made, Yoona swatted at him with a hand. “Somehow I doubt that, you love them too much.”

“Thanks for making me sound really gay.” He scrunched his face in distaste. “Anyways do you have anywhere you need to be?”

Shaking her head, she retorted back with a “are you kicking me out?” teasingly.

“Nope, I’m taking you somewhere.” Grabbing her hand, he pulled her up and dragged her towards the door.

“I don’t know how to skate.” Yoona started complaining as soon as she realized where they were, an ice rank.

“I do.” Minho answered cheekily, his eyes twinkling in amusement.

“But

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter