Don't Say Goodbye

Leave Me Breathless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Requested by Melinda

Prompt: "Don't Say Goodbye"

 

 

Don't Say Goodbye

 

As sunlight crept in between the curtains waking up Taemin, he groaned in protest. It was no use though, his brain was already starting to turn. A gentle smile found its way on his face when looked at the sleeping figure lying beside him. Tugging gently on the soft sheets that covered the body he knew all too well, he pressed soft kisses onto her shoulder blades.

“Hmmm” she murmured, snuggling deeper into his chest. He chuckled at her unwillingnessto wake up. Guess I’ll have to try harder. Leaning in close to her again, he nibbled her ear teasingly before trailing down her long neck with butterfly kisses. She stirred slightly, turning her form to face him. Her porcelain skin shined as the sun found its way onto her body, creating a magical effect. Taemin looked at her greedily, drinking in the sight she made. She was like a vixen, his vixen.

With her eyes still closed, a small smile formed on her lips. “Dongsaeng, stop looking at me, you ert.”

He rolled his eyes when she said his name. It was always like this, in the morning she would always call him dongsaeng, it wasn’t like he hated it, and he just preferred it when she called him other things like yeobo.

“I don’t want to.” Taemin whined like a four year old. Again he pressed gentle kisses on her exposed skin, she moaned in turn. “And don’t call me dongsaeng…” His fingers tapped lightly against her milky skin making its way underneath the sheets.

A slender hand s its way onto the nightstand, grabbing the phone next to the lamp. Her finger slid across the screen to check the time. As if somebody dumped cold water on the woman, her body immediately tensed up. Causing Taemin to stop his movements, “Noona?” he questioned her.

She shook her head to show she was fine before pushing off the bed to get up. Goosebumps formed almost immediately as cold air enwrapped her form. Moving about she let out a frustrated grunt as she walked around the room looking for something. “Where is it?”

Surprised by her outburst, Taemin reached out to her only to be brushed away. “What are you looking for?”

Despite the fact they had been together for almost a year, Taemin still turned a shade redder when she indicated exactly what she was looking for. Realizing her intentions, he pulled her to a stop. “You’re leaving already?”

Spotting a shirt, she slipped it on, it was Taemin’s but it’ll have to do since she was having a hard time finding hers. “I have work.” Her lips quivered with her head down. Sensing something was off he gently tugged on her chin to look at her.

‘Gasp’ His hand dropped immediately when he saw the sadness filled in her moist eyes.   There was so much sorrow in her eyes, he had to look away. It’s the same look she had back then. “What’s wrong?”

“I—I don’t think I can do this anymore.” She turned her body away from him so she wouldn’t have to see his face.

“What?” Embarrassed by his own state of undress, he grabbed a pair of shorts to put on.

“Us, whatever this is, we should stop.” She clarified while motioning her hand to gesture the two of them.

“Waeyo?” He stared intently at her to make sure she wasn’t just joking.

She sighed and sat on the edge of the bed fiddling with her phone. “It’s not realistic. You’re in college and I’m a working woman. What would people say? And…”

“You’re worried about our age difference? But hyung was younger than you…”

“That’s just it! You’re not…him!” Tears flowed freely down her face as she vented out unable to control her emotions anymore.

Taemin jerked back.

“Mianhe, Taemin, but no matter how hard I try I can’t forget about him.” She croaked out in between her sobs.

Roughly grabbing her by the shoulders, he turned her to face him. “Hyung’s been gone for a year now. Why can’t you stop thinking about him?!?”

“I can’t, Taemin. I tried, but whenever I’m alone I’m plagued with memories of us together.”

His grip on her tightened as he shook her violently, “For pete’s sake he left you at the alter yet all you can do is think about him?” He cried out bitterly at her.

“I—I still love him…” She whispered, almost as if admitting it to herself.

“What about me then?” Wishing with every fiber in his being, he looked at her with hopeful eyes.

She looked away, refusing to meet his eyes. “I love you…” his heart pumped faster, “as a dongsaeng.” He let his arms drop while his eyes remained in a daze. As a dongsaeng…

“Then what was last night about then? What about the past year?”   He asked frantically hoping for some kind of sign that she cared the way he wanted her to.

“Isn’t it obvious? We were both in too much sorrow, you with Sulli, and Minho with me. We hooked up to forget our own pain.” She put a gentle hand over his shoulder.

He pushed her hand away before standing up to move away from her. “I don’t believe it.”

“I know you can’t forget about Sulli. It’s okay to admit you still love her.”

“I don’t love Sulli, I love you!” Taemin snapped out causing her to back up in fear. “Mianhe,” he apologized gently, hoping she would forgive him.

Ignoring  him, she moved around the room in an attempt to find her clothes. As she finally gathered all her clothes in her arm, she turned towards Taemin and said, “let’s just cool down for a while okay?”

In less than in a few strides, he reached her side, effectively blocking her exit. “No.” He said firmly. He didn’t want to cool down; all he wanted was for her to stay in his arms.

“I’m going to be late for work.”

“This isn’t over.” Taemin warned as he moved away from the door.

“I expected as much.” Swinging the door open, she paused for a second. “You should go visit him.”

“So Mr. Park wanted to let you know he was very grateful for doing his case for free. And he wanted to give you this.” Jessica informed Yoona while placing a fruit basket somewhere in the office.

“I really don’t understand why—hey isn’t that you’re brother in-law?” Sica asked while pointing outside across the street.

Yoona rolled her eyes. “Unnie, he’s not considered my brother in-law if I never married his brother.” Nonetheless her eyes followed in the direction Jessica was pointing at and sure enough, Taemin was standing there with a sullen look on his face.

“Either way he’s hot! He sure has grown since the last time I saw him.” The older woman said while checking out the young man to the best of her capabilities

“Unnie!” Burying her face into her hands, Yoona groaned. “He’s my dongsaeng!”

“So? It doesn’t change the fact that he’s grown from a cute boy to a very handsome man.”

“I hate you.” She muttered under her breath as she packed up her things into her purse.

Tapping lightly on her chin, Jessica remarked “Taemin doesn’t really look like him…”

“Not only do they look nothing alike, their personalities are also very different.” Yoona muttered under her breath. “Unnie, if I don’t come back in half an hour, then please assume I’m dead until Monday.”

 “Noona!” His face lit up like a Christmas tree as Yoona made her way towards him. He hadn’t really expected for her to come out. In a blank of eye, Taemin reached over to peck her on the cheeks.

 “What are you doing here?” Yoona demanded, crossing her arms, ignoring the fact that her unnie could have very well seen the small interaction between them. She could just imagine it now, Jessica squealing while clapping her hands like a ten year old who had just been offered ice cream. In some aspects Sica reminded her a lot of Taemin, both were childish, stubborn, and easily amused. Maybe I should hook them up…

Pulling out the dozens of lilies he hid in his back, he handed it to her. “For you.”

She raised a delicate eyebrow while staring at him intently. “You came all the way here to give me flowers?”

“I thought we could go visit him together.” Taemin laughed sheepishly, scratching the back of his neck. He prayed, hoped, wished she would nod her pretty little head.

Why not? It might be less painful if Taemin was there with me…“Alright,” Sighing in exasperation, she tugged on Taemin’s hand for him to follow her.

*click click click*

Yoona frowned in annoyance from the noise her heels made, it reminded her, and she was one step closer to seeing the man she used to love. Sensing her uneasiness Taemin pushed her slightly with his hand on her back to show his support.

How twisted is this?She thought bitterly to herself as she nodded in reassurance. I couldn’t be with him, so now I’m with his brother?Jerked out of her thoughts by a tug, she turned to scold him only to realize she reached her destination.

Her legs soon turned to jelly as her fingers brushed against the cold surface.

Choi Minho

1991-2015

A charismatic brother and romantic lover 

Chocking back the tears she wanted to shed, she leaned on Taemin for comfort. “Minho…” her voice was like the wind, barely above a whisper.

“Hyung,” Taeminchuckled lightly, “it’s been a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter