Love Rain Cliché

Leave Me Breathless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For dolphin90 who requested a love triangle a loooonnnnggg time ago. I'm so sorry sweetie that it took me so long. And thank you for keeping me updated and entertained. Hope you like it. 

Prompt: Love Triangle on Love Rain set. 

Love Rain Cliché

 

“I have an announcement to make, “the PD, Yoon Sukho, declared once all members of Love Rain sat down. “Mr. Oh and I both agreed instead of doing a love triangle between Geunsuk , Yoona, and Eunseo, we’ll be doing a love square…” Needless to say after he made this statement people were already starting to talk.

“They’re changing the script now?...” “I wonder who will be the male lead?...” “This might take longer if we…”

Clearing his throat, Sukho waited for them to quiet down. “So for the male lead we decided it would be acted by Kim Jaejoong.”

Silence.

Jaws dropped, eyes blinked rapidly, Kim Jaejoong? All eyes averted their attention towards Yoona. Wouldn’t that cause a conflict with SM Entertainment? After all isn’t DBSK’s trial still ongoing? “We have already gone over the contracts with the lawyers. We were informed everything would be fine. Nowhere does the contract say we aren’t allowed to contact the JYJ’s. So please make Jaejoong-ssi feel welcomed when he comes tomorrow. Meeting is over. Please rest early since we have an early schedule tomorrow.”

Turning to the woman next to him, Geunsuk looked worriedly at her. “Are you going to be okay?”

Yoona laughed him off by waving her hands about. “Oppa, it’s not like they’re making me marry him. Besides we’re professionals.” She wasn’t surprised by the news, since the PD had long informed her of their intentions.

Unconvinced, he nodded slowly. “If you say so…I wish they could’ve picked someone else. This might cause a scandal for you…”

Smiling gently, she glanced at the man next to her. Over the past few months since they’ve started working with each other, Geunsuk’s became more and more like her Suju oppas.

Overprotective.

So whenever he worried about her all she would do was smile and assure him everything was fine, just like how she reassures her oppas back in Korea. “As long as the scandal isn’t true I have nothing to worry about. I’ll make sure they have nothing to scandalize about.”

Hearing her certainty, his worries lessened by a little. Even if she wasn’t able to make it happen, he would make sure nothing bad happened.

“Annyeonghaseyo JYJ’s Kim Jaejoong-imnida.” The new cast member bowed keeping his face expressionless.

“…He’s even more handsome in person…” “He’s tall…” The crew members were whispering everywhere.

Mr. Ho laughed lightly patting Jaejoong’s back. “Everyone please make Jaejoong-ssi feel welcomed.”

Jaejoong scanned the room for a familiar face. His search came to a halt when he spotted her towards the middle of the room talking to the male lead.

Sensing she was being watched, Yoona looked towards the front. It was Jaejoong… Smiling politely, she bowed. He reciprocated in turn. As their bodies straightened their eyes caught each other’s again.  Unable to move away, she stared at him, captivated by him.

Noticing the slight change of demeanor in the female lead, Geunsuk followed her gaze. Which happened to be directed at Jaejoong. Acting on impulse, Geunsuk moved to stand in front of Yoona, gaining her full attention, all the while blocking Jaejoong’s view of his hoobae.

“Yoona, can I talk to you for a second?” The PD called out to when they finished her last scene for the day.

Nodding, she followed him into a corner.

“I’d hate to ask this of you but I believe it’s what’s best for everyone.”

She gave him a quizzical look.

“I think it would be a good idea if Geunsuk, Eunseo, and you got to know Jaejoong better.”

Seeing as she wasn’t going to give him any response just yet, he opted to continue explaining. “I’m sure you know by now it’s easier to act when the actors and actresses themselves are comfortable with each other. And since Jaejoong is new here, I think it would be best if all three of you spent some time together…”

“I understand. We can go later, since we’re ending early today.” Yoona answered in a professional manner. She knew he didn’t want to put her in an awkward situation, but for the sake of the dram, he had to say it.

The PD’s face changed from nervousness to relief in a matter of seconds. “Great! Thank you so much, Yoona.”

Shrugging her shoulders, she nodded in understanding. “For Love Rain.”

“Bathroom.” Eunseo said excusing herself, before getting up and leaving her three co-actors.

After they had finished filming for the day, Yoona declared the main leads should go out and have some midnight snack together. So here they were the four of them in a small sushi restaurant near their hotel.

Having just ordering their food, they made small polite talks with each other. The sound of a cell phone ringing interrupted their conversation.

Geunsuk reached into his pocket for his cell phone. “I should get this. Excuse me.” Casting a weary glance at the man beside him, he stalked off to take his call.

Clenching, unclenching, Yoona played with the hem of her shirt, while she and Jaejoong sat in silence. How long is Eunseo unnie going to take? Silence was definitely one of her forts. She’d always preferred loud over silence. And this silence was killing her. Yet she didn’t know what to say to him. Plus curiosity was killing her.

“So how are…” “So I saw…” They said at the same time. Giggling, she was breathed a sigh of relief that she wasn’t the only one who couldn’t bear with the quietness.

“Go ahead…” “Sunbae…”Somehow they were in sync again. Shaking her head, Yoona made the motion of zipping her lips, waiting for him to speak first.

“So how was New York? I heard you guys had to cancel your signing because there too many fans. Sounds like SNSD are making progress everywhere. ” Jaejoong made his best attempt at making a conversation. Things were just simply to awkward, how do you go from strangers to friends to strangers again. And what kind of things do you say to that kind of person?

The corners of tugged gently into a smile from thinking of her oversea trip. Her heart quickened when she realized JYJ was still keeping track of their old SM family members. “It was amazing seeing all the fans supporting us. I was actually surprised to be photographed when I was walking alone on the streets. I didn’t think we’ve made it that far…”

He watched on in amusement as her eyes sparkled whenever she spoke of a fond memory in New York.

“So how’s JYJ doing? I’m sorry to hear about your movie.” Yoona asked with concern etched in her face. Just because JYJ  left SM Entertainment, didn’t mean she had to be mean or out cast him. After all at one point they used to be a family.  

Surprised by her act of concern, Jaejoong choked on his drink. “Oppa are you okay?” Walking around the table, Yoona patted his back. Once again stunned by her slip of tongue he remained silent.

Realizing her slip, Yoona pursed her lips together getting back to her seat. “So what did I miss…” Eunseo hopped back to her seat before noticing the slight change of awkwardness in the air. “Ehh…So what do you guys think of the new plot?”

Slipping on a coat, Yoona walked out of the hotel room. Tonight was not her night, she was having trouble sleep. She cursed under her breath for not resisting the urges of drinking coffee a few hours before. Coffee had become her best friend since the past few weeks. It was the only thing that kept her awake enough to do anything with all the vigorous schedules of flying back and forth to perform at various places.

It took her an hour of flipping back and forth on her bed before finally giving up. Deciding it would be better if she took a walk, hopefully by then she’ll be sleepy enough.

Padding her left pocket for her key, she walked into the hallway with her Love Rain script in hand. Might as well make use of my time.

Making sure she was quite enough not to wake up other guests, Yoona made her way through the hotel towards the grand entrance.

“It’s not safe to go walking out in the middle of the night by yourself.” A person said behind Yoona, alarming her and scaring her half to death. Cold sweat drenched onto her as she debated whether or not she should turn around. “Calm down it’s me.”

Relaxing her body slightly, she swung her fist out of reflex. To which the other person grunted in pain. “You scared me!” She whined while pouting.

“Mianhe, I didn’t think you would be easily scared.”

Turning to glare at him, she crossed her arms. “It’s in the middle of the night! How many people do you think are up?” Yoona hissed out at him. She wanted to hit him again.

Holding his hands up in defeat, he apologized again. “Mianheyo.”

“What are you doing up, anyways sunbae?” Looking up at him in wonderment, she quirked an eyebrow.

Ignoring the urge to cringe at her formality, he shrugged his shoulders. “I should ask you the same thing.”

“I had too much coffee so I can’t sleep.”

He looked her over, there was obvious tiredness in her voice, but her eyes were wide and alert. “Jetlag.”

“I’m going for a walk, do…you want to come?” Since the night she called oppa, they haven’t really had time to talk each other. Geunsuk made sure of that. The awkwardness was even more obvious than before. Needless to say the PD was more than disappointed.

He nodded his head, grateful for her offer.

“They’re doing well, but they miss you guys like hell.” Yoona said out of the blue.

Jae’s eyes widened slightly, “What?”

“They don’t say much but I can tell they miss JYJ. Especially Yunho oppa, whenever something reminds him of you guys, his nose would start to get red and his voice would start to tremble.” She knew this was what he wanted to ask since their eyes met on the first day. There was no point in torturing him with silence.

His pace slowed down while ingesting everything the girl next to him said. “I know…I…we miss them too. More than they would ever know.”

A pregnant silence filled the air as both remained deep in their own thoughts.

“How are sunbaes doing?”

“Eh..” He jerked in surprise.

Instead of repeating herself, Yoona smiled up at him. Jaejoong shook his head fighting the urge to laugh. Some things never change. “They’re doing pretty well. I’m sure you’ve seen in the news we’re doing more separate things as of right now.”

Nodding her head to no one particular, Yoona wondered if the same fate would befall on her group once they grew older. She preferred it if they could stay together forever, but that obviously wasn’t exactly realistic of her. Sensing her companion’s uneasiness she tried to make small talk again. “Sunbae, how’s Jimin doing? If I remember correctly she’s in high school?”

For the third time that night, Yoona seemed to have caught him by surprise. “She’s getting busier, preparing for the exam and all that.”

“Ahhh, I still remember when I had to take exams. It was such a big relief when I finished.” She giggled as she relished in old memories of many nights cramming in the car and begging her unnies to help her with homework.  

“Yoona-ssi…”

“Ne?”

“Why are you being so friendly? If what you say is true then you should hate me for making them miserable.” Jaejoong exclaimed out suddenly.

She shrugged her shoulders as if none of it was important. “It’s not my place to judge. I don’t know what happened so I have no say it in it. I’m just relieved to hear JYJ misses HoMin as much HoMin misses JYJ.” Yoona gave him a million dollar smile, assuring him she didn’t despise him.

Relief flushed over Jaejoong, feeling peaceful for once in what seems to be forever. Fans, friends, and family all seemed to have their view of who was right who was wrong. They would either say ‘JYJ are too greedy, how could they choose money over brotherhood.’ Or ‘How can HoMin not support their brothers. Traitors.’ Everyone seemed to want to put their two cents in the still ongoing DBSK trial. It was renewing to hear someone say they didn’t have a right to have a say in it, because they weren’t there when it all happened. No one knew the reason for the break-up except the five members.

“Besides you’re my sunbae and co-worker, so I should show you respect.” She added on.

“We should head back, don’t you have an early flight to Seoul tomorrow?” Jaejoong asked checking his watch.

Jaejoong groaned as he tried another sleeping position. The young man laid on his back trying his best to catch some rest. The question Yoona had asked earlier seemed to rang in his head. “How is Jimin doing?” Her question certainly brought back a few memories.

A sigh escaped his parted lips as he listened to his dongsaeng, Jimin, rant on about her favorite idol. Who just happens to be someone in the same company as him. Taking notice of her oppa’s lack of attention, Jimincrossed her arms and whined. “Oppa! You’re not listening to me!”

Jaejoong pursed his lips together. “Yah! I’m an idol too you know? Why don’t you ever talk about me or my group? I don’t even know what you see in her. She’s not even that pretty.”

“Not pretty?” She stomped her foot, Jaejoongrolled his eyes. “She’s only the most beautiful idol of this generation. She has such a natural beauty plus her eyes are gorgeous…”

He frowned as he listened to Jiminwent into a monologue about why her idol was the best. He had to put an end to this. Raising his hands up in defeat, he said “Arasso, you’re giving me a headache.”

Glaring at her oppa, Jimin continued on. “And wha’ts more—humph.”Her speech was brought to a ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter