No excuses

Hello Jessica
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

“Lee Sunkyu.”

 

“Yes Kim Taeyeon?”

 

“Lee Sunkyu.”

 

“What is your problem Taeyeon??” Sunny looked at her with an annoyed face and furrowed eyebrows.

 

“Lee Sunkyu…”

 

“What the Kim Taeyeon. It’s been a week. Just give her a call.” Taeyeon sulked and scratched the back of her neck in irritation. How can she be so stupid that day? She can’t even fathom why and how the words just spurted out of her damn mouth. If only she could take it all back, but Kyungsan already sealed the promise with her. He pinky-promised with her. And to break that would crush the boy’s faith in them.

 

“What do I do Sunkyu?”

 

With a phone on her hand, Taeyeon sighed and ruffled her hair in frustration. Jessica hates her. Never in her proud life would she talk again to the girl, but happens. “You can do it Taeyeon. Jessica might’ve parted with us on a bad note but she’s okay with us now. The girls and I are still talking to her and you know that.” Sunny said with a comforting smile while patting Taeyeon’s shoulder.

 

“Exactly! Why can’t you just talk to her instead about this. You can call her!”

 

“You know we’ve tried it already right? Tiff and Yuri called her, but she rejected us.” Taeyeon is losing her mind right now. How can she even start the conversation with Jessica? Should she just leave an email? That would be too business like. Taeyeon thought.

 

Maybe she can send her a text message instead. But that might sound insincere.

 

“She thinks you hate her. I mean that’s true anyway right?”

 

“ no, I definitely don’t hate her!” Taeyeon denied. Maybe indifference is the word. They just grew out of each other with a bulge that made it quite noticeable by their members, even their fans. But she doesn’t hate Jessica. In fact, she adores her.

 

How do you even describe Jessica Jung?

 

For starters, she’s a . But Taeyeon would say otherwise. Jessica was soft, a total sweetheart.

 

“She said she won’t go because you probably would not want to see her. If you give her a call now, then maybe we can convince her that you don’t hate her. You really don’t, do you? Then act on it Tae.”

 

“Maybe I can just tell Kyungsan that she’s busy right? Call this promise thingy off?” Taeyeon said with uncertainty as if she already knew that it would be debunked right away.

 

“That’s just mean of you don’t you think? What did you said to Kyungsan again?” Sunny said and she recalled how that night went and how she was trapped into this fiasco of complete doom. She remembered what she said to pacify him that night.

 

 

 

 

 

“No, no. There is something missing.” With that Taeyeon stopped running her hands on Kyungsan’s back, seemingly knowing where this conversation is headed to. She shot an apologetic look at Kyungsan and wiped his tears through her pullover. He still looked at them with sadness. He was about to say something and Taeyeon already know what it would be.

 

“Where’s the worst mom?”

 

 

They looked at each other with horror on their faces. How the hell can they explain to their kid that one of her moms left them a long time ago. It would break him. Seeing him crying over this detail means it is greatly affecting him, in what way? They can’t decipher. The kid is such an OT9 sone stan. Kyungsan just said OT8. Jessica lives. Until Tiffany spoke.

 

“I’m here Kyungsan. I’m the worst mom!”

 

She said in a rather proud tone. If only they are not in such a serious situation, Sooyoung and Hyoyeon would probably laugh at her right now. She’s too confident to announce that she is the worst mom. How pathetic.

 

“No, no! The other one. Your American buddy Tiff eomma!” Kyungsan shouted with a glint of recognition.

 

“Aren’t we enough for you? Look you got eight moms! We’ll give you what you want Kyungsan just tell us.” Taeyeon said with a stiff smile and the seven others nodded their heads ready for any request Kyungsan would make.

 

“I want Jessica eomma. Bring me Jessica eomma.” It had come to this point. Everyone doesn’t know what to say so they refused on talking. There was silence for a long while and Kyungsan’s sobs was the only thing they can hear. It was heartbreaking. This child is cruel.

 

“Kyungsan, Jessica eomma is busy right now and she can’t come to us anytime soon.”

 

“Why? Tell me did you guys fought or something?” Kyungsan asked and you can here some ‘oofs’ and ‘you don’t say’ from Yoona and Hyoyeon on the background with Sooyoung suppressing her obvious amusement on the child’s perceptiveness. But it was soon cut off when Taeyeon glared at them reminding them that Kyungsan doesn’t need to know.

 

“No, of course not. We’re good.”

 

Really Taeyeon?

 

 Taeyeon thought and she can’t believe she lied to the kid.

 

“Then give her a call and make her come here! If I’m important to eomma she’ll make time right like you guys did? Don’t worry I’ll wait whether it’d be next week or even next month. I can wait!” We’ve been waiting for five years now Kyungsan-ah, Taeyeon thought. And it’s true though, if Kyungsan is important for her she’d really make time. But Jessica didn’t make time for her in these past years, right? She must not be that important then.

 

“I-if, If you can’t do it then forget about me. It wouldn’t m-matter anyway since I’m not your true son.” Kyungsan said between sobs and the others panicked. They can’t ruin Kyungsan’s special day like this.

 

 “Shh of course it matters we are your mom Kyungsan and we care about you. Please don’t say that.” Seohyun said in a hushed voice, coming forward to hold Kyungsan’s hand.

 

“We just can’t brin---" the maknae said but was immediately cut off by Taeyeon who held her stance with confident eyes.

 

“Do you really want to see your Jessica eomma, Kyungsan?” Taeyeon said which instantly stopped Kyungsan for crying. She’s probably out of her mind right now but she can’t bring it to herself to disappoint Kyungsan again. His mom said that Kyungsan is wondering why they never visited him during so many years and it made her feel bad about it. It may actually felt like they abandoned him, as much as it is an overreaction, but it still is heart-wrenching. She won’t let Kyungsan feel neglected again.

 

“Yes! Will you bring her to me? Please.”

 

“Okay I will, so now will you stop crying so we can now all blow on your birthday cake together?” Taeyeon said with a smile and like a pro actor, Kyungsan’s frown was switched into a victory smile. How sly this child can be.

 

“Really? You promise me?

 

“Yes. But I can’t guarantee you when though. Just wait okay?”

 

“Pinky promise Taeyeon eomma?” Kyung stuck his pinky finger on Taeyeon’s face wai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter