Chapter 24

Safe Haven: Book 1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

•~•~•~•~•❤️❤️❤️•~•~•~•~•

 

 

 

 

The once golden, reddish, orangey puzzles of crunchy leaves mopped on the cemented streets and the rooftops had already been hugged with fluffy magical pieces of white snow. It slowly cloaked the surroundings, draping like blankets on every corner. Shirts turned to sweaters, from sweaters to jackets. It's getting colder and colder.

 

 

 

Winter.

 

 

 

The freeze. Shiver. Enjoyment. The fun.

 

 

 

A tall male stopped on his tracks only to hold the smaller's shoulder as if he had realized of something. They stood on the corridor for a second. Baekhyun just  breathed clueless to prevent the blush on his cheeks, because damn, there's a lot of people walking and passing by— and here's his handsome boyfriend infront of him, looking at him like he's the world. And the thought that they were looking? Baekhyun might end up having a permanent shade of red in both of his cheeks.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Wear this. You may catch a cold ." Chanyeol warmly spoke as fog was created everytime he breath and talk. He took his own scarf off and wrapped it around the smaller's neck.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Now, you're the one who may catch a cold." Baekhyun whined with a small pout in the lips. His eyes shone under Chanyeol's gaze.

 

 

 

 

 

"And if I could catch a cold, so what? I have you to take care of me." Chanyeol whispered and held the latter's waist beside him and started walking. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He may freeze but his heart would warm him up just by looking directly to the short boy beside him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Your parents will be home next week, Chanyeol." Baekhyun mumbled, looking over on Chanyeol.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I don't care." Chanyeol's words are short but it was enough to cut the conversation in there.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun knew that Chanyeol's parents aren't happy about what they are having right now. In fact, they strongly disagree. However, Chanyeol don't give a fuss about their reaction, but the smaller felt sad about it.

 

 

 

 

This heart is mine, I get to choose who'll I love. 

 

 

 

 

 

The controversy that the famous varsity player of the famous university who's dating the nobody who happened to be a nerd— and a male, it was kind of an explosion.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Not only with the whole campus community knew. But also the Parks.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The perfect boyfriend material is dating the struggling singer.

 

 

 

 

 

 

It has been a big buzz around the campus premises regarding their relationship but never did Chanyeol made Baekhyun uncomfortable about it. After the scene where Chanyeol proposed to Baekhyun to become his boyfriend in the middle of their freaking basketball court after winning the championship title and trophy as the Champion over the listed university games and seasons was just mind blowing and crazy but it didn't get worst because Chanyeol was involved. The great and handsome wealthy Park Chanyeol, the Campus crush, the greatest basketball player of all, one of the elected heartthrobs, one of the hottest guy in the school. The gossips and all the bashings eventually put into mere hushes and quiet glances.

 

 

 

 

 

 

They were on their way to the main hall as it was their Christmas party held this afternoon. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun wrapped dozen of gifts the night before for his friends, which he carried in a pouch.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

About Dara, she has been getting along well with the group of Lisa. And she and Baekhyun often greets in the hall and becoming like nothing happened. Although Chanyeol and Dara hasn't been getting any conversations with, since the last incident beside the Han river. There would be the unspoken uneasiness on Dara that would suddenly became an off guard to her. The reason why she avoids the two as much as possible.

 

 

 

 

 

It was quite a bit weird that Jieun hadn't made a scandal about how could she bully Baekhyun. Although Baekhyun would get a mischievous smile from Jieun whenever they meet on the hallways.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"The couples arrived!" Luhan sang as he pulled Baekhyun beside him. Making Chanyeol's face turn blank as the deer smiles sheepishly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Yow." Jongin fist bombed on Chanyeol as he plops down the seat beside the tanned guy.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jongin looked at Baekhyun who was dressed with autumn brown boots, tight black jeans and a simple striped white and red sweater in a dark red coat. He had autumn red eye liner and contour and had his lips tinted with red. And he didn't forgot the eye contacts though that makes him really stunning.

 

 

 

 

 

"You've got to be kidding me." Jongin chuckled in disbelief as he pulled Chanyeol under his arms and focused on Baekhyun.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You let your chick wore those kinds of make ups and outfits in this kind of occasion?!" Jongin shook his head in disbelief and flicked his tongue in utter disappointment.

 

 

 

 

 

"What's with those? He looks hot and beautiful on them." Chanyeol played a small smirk proudly as he looked at Baekhyun who was talking with Kyungsoo and Luhan not far from them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I know! I mean, boy, look at his y body and thick legs! — I mean, I would never make Kyungie wear one of those because there's a lot of people here who could eye him." Jongin slapped Chanyeol's shoulder as his eyes met with the glaring of the taller who didn't like the sound of Jongin describing Baek's body and leg.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Yah! I'm trying to help you man!" Jongin spoke defensively when Chanyeol brushed his arm around his neck rather harshly. The rest just chuckled.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Eyes off him. He's mine." He glared.

 

 

 

 

"Baekhyun." Chanyeol's voice was deep and even though it wasn't a yell or shout, Baekhyun heard it across the round table with that kind of authority.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Come here." Chanyeol ordered calmly and Baekhyun immediately excused himself as he got over to Chanyeol's side. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol flickered his dark charcoal eyes at the guy beside him and Jongin immediately stood up grumbly and leaving the seat. Exchanging Baekhyun's seats from him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I was late." A deep voice sounded beyond Luhan as they looked towards his direction.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The only seat that was free was beside Luhan.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I guess this is my chair." Sehun spoke as he sat beside Luhan while fixing the hem of his own outfit. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol just looked at Sehun sharply while the other just looked back at him blankly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The party started soon and it was 5 in the afternoon when the foods and beverages served in their table. The neon light streaks became wild and random as it changed into different colors. The solemn songs that the band was performing up the stage started singing pop-rock.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The servers started serving juice, wine, and alcohol bottles on the table. Baekhyun just scrunched his face with the idea of them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Speaking of alcohol or even wine, it would be the first time that Baekhyun may would have a high chance to taste them. —if he was ready with it though. Because he's freaking 18 years old already.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol didn't let Baekhyun touch the alcohol drinks, not even close, not even once. When the servers found their way on Baekhyun's side to serve another bottle of an unfamiliar alcohol drink and glass of wine, Chanyeol immediately grabbed the bottle and set it down in front of his table.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun just smiled sheepishly as he put the wine infront of Chanyeol as well.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Juice, please." Baekhyun smiled kindly to the waiter and so, he had given a glass of raspberry juice with a stick of candied strawberry on top.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The rest was just dumbfounded as Baekhyun devours the fruit juice innocently while they sipped on their wine or drank on the bottled beer. Chanyeol just smiled on how Baekhyun behaved just so, so innocent af.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun opened his container and fished out 12 pieces of neatly wrapped small rectangular gifts.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"This is only I can afford." Baekhyun shyly smiled as he handed the gifts according to the name that was written on it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

They just laughed it out and opened Baekhyun's presents on their hands. It turned to be a silver bracelet with their initials engraved on the flat metal.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I've got one too!" Baekhyun held his right hand on the air to show the bracelet that hugged his wrist.  

 

 

Although it was just a bracelet, not even a real silver. His mates appreciate it so much.

 

 

 

 

They handed their gifts with each other. Chanyeol held the small golden metallic case and faced Baekhyun. The smaller just smiled genuinely and looked up on Chanyeol's concentrated eyes while opening the case of jewelry. Once it had been opened, he took out a golden necklace with a golden ring on it and wore the jewelry around the small one. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun also handed a silver metallic case to Baekhyun. Chanyeol couldn't hide the distaste and irritation in his face when the smaller opened it and a silver necklace with a silver ring on it, Baekhyun immediately put it on his neck.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

What ing coincidence is that?!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan and the rest just looked silently as they eyed the insensitive Baekhyun, Sehun's usual stoic face and Chanyeol's silent jealousy demeanor.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"But really, aren't you going to have a taste with the alcohol? Or even atleast the wine?" Chen asked to release the tension. To divert the attention.

 

 

 

 

 

"Nope." Baekhyun answered as his crescent eyes and bright smile flashed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Oh God, why do you have to be so innocent." Tao whined. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"So that I could watch Chanyeol if he got drunk. I don't want him flirting with somebody." Woah. Didn't expected that. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

As if he's going to drink and get drunk and not be able to watch Baekhyun.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You could taste the wine. It wouldn't harm you, you know." Chanyeol spoke, giving up. His eyes shone secretly as he heard Baekhyun's statement.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Maybe later." Baekhyun spoke. He was shy to dance though so he couldn't do anything but stare and look around.

 

 

 

 

 

•~•~•~•~•❤️❤️❤️•~•~•~•~•

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol regretted when he told Baekhyun to taste the wine. He couldn't believe that Baekhyun's alcohol tolerance was that size of a used chalk as he intently looking at Baekhyun who's a giggling mess in his seat.

 

 

 

 

 

"Chanyeollie, let's dance!" The small man smiled. His cheeks were tinted with pinkish blush. His eyes were glossy with the shine reflecting from the green, pink and neon lights running through the area.

 

 

 

 

 

"No. You're drunk. Let's get you home." Chanyeol spoke sternly. Even though he likes Baekhyun's childishness, he don't want it to be show cased in this kind of occasion. In the open area where eyes could be anywhere.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Please? Pleeeaaassseee?" Baekhyun pleaded, his lower lip pointed at Chanyeol as he flashed his puppy eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Baekhyun, NO." Chanyeol exclaimed as he pulled the boy to sit beside him. He don't do dancing though, when they go to bars, he only drinks. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Meanie." Baekhyun mumbled under his hot breath. Just two glasses of wine and his mind wasn't functioning anymore. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Jongin, let's dance?" Baekhyun whispered on Jongin's ears, pretty close enough to make the tanned male blush.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"N-No." Jongin stutters as he sees Chanyeol glaring at him in his peripheral vision.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You guys don't want to dance with me! Look at them! They're having fun!" Baekhyun threw his tantrum as he folded his arms. His lips pitifully pouting and his eyes are glossy with disappointment as he looks at Chen, Suho, Tao, Luhan and Kyungsoo over the dance floor.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You should bring him home." There comes Sehun who was leaning on his seat as he looked at Chanyeol seriously. Chanyeol just glanced at Sehun and unto his watch.

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was 9 in the evening now.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I just wanted to dance." Chanyeol heard Baekhyun talk to himself, his eyes was trained towards the dance floor. With a sigh, he contemplated on bringing the smaller in the huge crowded dance floor or not, but just by seeing him pout as he look in the carpeted floor makes him feel guilty.

 

 

 

 

 

"Okay. We could dance, but just for a while okay?" Chanyeol spoke gently at Baekhyun. The latter nodded and smiled, standing up and pulling Chanyeol in the dance floor.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol just sighed, eyeing Baekhyun as he jumps and dance around making sure that no one's bumping or checking him out.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The glow on Baekhyun's eyes even in his drunken state was divine as his lips tugged into a content smile. Chanyeol sighed under his breath as he chuckled realizing that this would be the first time that he'll not drink even just a drop of alcohol because he needed to watch over Baekhyun.

 

 

 

 

 

 

And the first time that the small pup would be in a state like this. He got the urge to film him for fun but he though, Baekhyun isn't for fun.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun was under Chanyeol's gaze carefully. But the both of them didn't expected that they were also under watch as someone who's planning something bad.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I love you." Baekhyun smiled as he embraced Chanyeol. They're being bumped by others who's enjoying the loud, banging music. Chanyeol didn't hear it clear but he saw how Baekhyun's lips sync mid air and he knows that it's that word that makes his heart flatters.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Love you too." Chanyeol spoke as he kiss Baekhyun in the forehead. 

 

 

 

 

 

In a sudden, there came a black out and most of the students who were enjoying the moment gasped. The taller felt as if someone abruptly  pulled Baekhyun who was hugging him and he felt alarmed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

When the lights were and the sound came banging again, Chanyeol felt panicked because Baekhyun was no longer in his sight.

 

 

 

 

 

 

No longer in his sight.

 

 

 

 

.

 

 

.

 

 

.

 

 

 

His heart is in blast as he pushed the people along his way. He suddenly bumped with Suho.

 

 

 

 

 

"What's the matter? Is something wrong?" Suho asked as he saw Chanyeol's worried face.

 

 

 

 

 

"Baekhyun is missing! Help me find him!" He yeld as he looked once again, shouting Baekhyun's name. Ofcourse his voice couldn't be heard under the heavy sound of the speakers and the cheers and yells on the dance floor.

 

 

 

 

 

While there was Baekhyun being lead from a stranger outside the main hall.

 

 

 

 

•~•~•~•~•❤️❤️❤️•~•~•~•~•

 

 

 

 

 

"Mnnghh... yah, what're you doing?" Baekhyun spoke as he realized that a man was holding his wrist a little too tight while he was pulling him away from the crowd.

 

 

 

 

 

 

He blinked and narrowed his eyes. He realized that this man wasn't Chanyeol anymore judging by the latter's outfit. The man was in dark tuxedo and red necktie. Chanyeol was on a grey silvery one.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Where are we going? Yah! My hand hurts!" He whined once he realized that they already got out in the main hall and they were on the deserted hallway from the West wing area. The music is getting shallower in every step.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Just follow me, babe. I'm sure you'll like this." The man spoke while he smirks. He was determined to get Baekhyun away from the crowd.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The man is handsome, though there's a feature of him that shouts erseness. He looked like a boy. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun held his head with his free hand, he was feeling dizzy and hot. He wanted some fresh air because he felt warm.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I think I need to go home, sir. Please let me go." Baekhyun voiced out. They're getting far from the main hall. He suddenly felt worried and scared.

 

 

 

 

 

Fear surged his body immediately.

 

 

 

 

He tried to pull his wrist but the stranger just held it tighter. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"No! Please! Get my hands off!" Baekhyun shouted as tears gathered around his eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Not until I'm finished with you, baby." The stranger spoke like a hungry wolf.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun shrieked and quickly pulled his sweating hand rather forceful and resulting it to slip from the stranger's grasp. Baekhyun ran fast but his dizzy mind is deceiving him and his wobbly legs kept him off. 

 

 

 

 

 

A few step more and he felt the stinging pain from his arm as the man grasped him and he got forcefully pushed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

He slammed Baekhyun inside an empty classroom as the noise resonated the eerie room.

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun yelped, feeling the burning pain in his back as he gasped. He felt a body pressed him on a cold wall as his wrists are placed over the top of his head as strong hand locks them up there. He felt warm lips connected on his neck as he realized what was happening.

 

 

 

 

 

"NO! GET OFF ME! HELP!!! NO PLEASE!" He cried. The smell of the heavy stench of alcohol on the latter's breath attacked his nose. Making him scared even more. He was too weak to stand with the stranger.

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun tried thrashing but the male that was towering him was strong and he just get slammed harder in return.

 

 

 

 

 

"SHUT UP! OR ELSE I'LL DO THIS IN A PAINFUL WAY!" The man threatens as he uses his free hand to lift Baekhyun's sweater.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"N-No! Chanyeol, please help me!" Baekhyun squirmed as he shouted for help. The man bit Baekhyun's collarbone making him shrieked in fear.

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun is a crying mess now. Begging to the man who was trying to pull off his sweater in one hand. The sweater was ripped off and Baekhyun just cried even more as his bare chest revealed. His chest is heaving up and down rapidly like he had done a triathlon due to fear.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Did your boyfriend ever told you that you're y and able?" The man slurred as he Baekhyun's shoulder up to the side of his face. Baekhyun just sobbed more as he trembled and shook uncontrollably.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Please... I—I'm s-scared! I'm begging you. P-Please s-stop— ahhh!" Baekhyun shouted as the man bit his pale shoulder, marking it a deep red.

 

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter