Chapter 2

Safe Haven: Book 1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

•~•~•~•~•❤️❤️❤️•~•~•~•~•

 

 

 

 

...10 YEARS LATER...

 

 

 

 

The golden morning rays found it's way over the luxurious curtains as it blinded the sleeping Chanyeol. He rolled over on his bed groggily as he struggled to ignore the headaches that he had gotten from the basketball championship party last night. His head pounded and he grumpily regretted drinking lots of alcohol everytime he wake up with a hangover. 

 

 

 

 

He groaned as he stood up with his long lanky and wobbly legs, taking two painkillers from his bedside drawer and plucking it at the same time.

 

 

 

 

 

He don't really remember how did he got home. The only thing he remembered was that he was  at the party with Jieun, and he definitely got drunk. He tried remembering but the remaining memories are just blurred lines. 

 

 

 

 

 

He looked up at the grand wall clock above his step-in wardrobe and his eyes widened as he realized that he's late.

 

 

 

 

Cursing, he quickly entered the shower and after taking the quickest bath, he got dressed as fast as he can and he put on his shoes and bag as he exited towards the frontdoor in a rush.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Late to take his bestfriend to school.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Chanyeol, eat breakfast first before going to school!" His mom who was busy on his MacBook shouted while the cook set the breakfast in the dining table but the giant was really in a hurry to be able to eat his breakfast.

 

 

 

 

 

"Mom, I'm gonna be late! Bye! Love you!" Chanyeol replied in a haste as he jumped on his car and drove fast to Baekhyun's house.

 

 

 

 

While he was driving with his left hand,  he fetched his phone by his free hand and opened it. He saw dozen of messages from Jongin, Lay and Jieun. While he was at the the verge of ignoring the messages from his teammates and his girlfriend, his eyes fixated on the only message that was sent him from Baekhyun.

 

 

 

 

He immediately opened it.

 

 

 

 

Smurfy🙌:

 

Go home early😊 Have fun giant! Don't u dare drinking too much alcohol! See u tomorrow😀 Be safe, K?

 

6:14 Pm

 

 

 

He hissed before driving faster.

 

 

Baekhyun is not a party lover. He never was. He doesn't even attended a single party yet except from Chanyeol's grand birthday parties, ofcourse. He doesn't want the smell of alcohol to tolerate any luxurious parties that Chanyeol was getting with. He would rather do part-time jobs or read books all day long rather than to attend at such trends. —or what he calls, waste of time. Waste of money.

 

 

 

 

He was indeed a nerd—atleast, that's what other people tells him. Because if you are an introvert with roundly eye glasses wore on your head, people consider you as a nerd or worst, get called as a geek. He's a total opposite to an active Chanyeol. He was silent and a well composed person compared to his extrovert bestfriend. Baekhyun like staying indoors while Chanyeol prefer outdoor hangouts and activities. Believe it or not, he don't have friends to talk much unlike Chanyeol who's friends with everyone in social media's or in person. He's nobody compared to his famous talented basketball player bestfriend.The nobody and the famous.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ten years had past, and there they are. Stronger friendship than ever.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Even though Baekhyun grew more reliant to Chanyeol, he got matured in a rational way over the past years—childish in the most  unexpected things and most of all, caring and loving as always. He had scholarship, the reason he got into this prestigious school where Chanyeol attends. It's a 10% chance to get there, and he was one of the lucky 10%. His mother don't get stable paychecks and so he works part time. Although he hadn't bestowed a tall height, he had this cute petite size, adorable and patient, innocent mind, blinding smile and bright eyes. He got this preciously pale complexion, and he was often told that he looks way prettier to be a boy. But he had uttermost shyness, low self-steam, and all, making him more smaller and vulnerable.

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol grew tall, truthfully talented and broodingly handsome. His body was well built. Prominent jawline, deadly smile, perky ears, dark eyes and jet black hair. He got toned chest, six perfectly chiseled pack abs. He got this large calloused hands evident that he was with a ball in his entire life. He don't only got the fame of being the best basketball player in their campus but also considered as one of the most handsome teens that shows up every seasons in school papers. He got wealth, business inclined parents and all. He's practically perfect.

 

 

 

Despite the big difference of their social standards, they made the most beautiful friendship anyone would dream for.

 

 

 

Chanyeol immediately smiled when he saw Baekhyun patiently waiting infront of their house. He hissed from the pounding pain but didn't show any pained expression because his bestfriend would probably scold him again. 

 

 

 

 

The smaller was just sitting there in the shed while admiring the sunrise when he felt that someone blocked the alluring Sunday's infront of him.

 

 

 

 

 

Once Baekhyun saw Chanyeol's car that came in front of him, he stood up contently and dusted of his baggy pants while fixing his old round glasses. The taller motioned Baekhyun to get in, which the latter happily obliged.

 

 

 

 

"Hey," Baekhyun jokingly punched Chanyeol's shoulder without reasons—he just feel like doing it. Well, maybe he did have reason because he could see right now the forced smile plastered on the giant's face.

 

 

 

"Yeah, I'm sorry. I didn't noticed the time. I prom—" Chanyeol started apologizing but Baekhyun interjected.

 

 

 

 

"And you drank lots of alcohol, got drunk, and you got home super late and you're having headaches now, because of your hangover," Baekhyun's eyes lingered on Chanyeol's features.

 

 

 

 

"So I made you this," Baekhyun exclaimed, eyes rolling playfully yet glowing as he showed a disposable cup infront of a driving Chanyeol. The giant just grinned and sighed in relief.

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol knows that the latter would always understand him. The only person who will completely understand him. And the only person who was always correct about what had happened about his entire life. He was like an open book to the smaller so did the latter from the very first start of their friendship like the smaller knew Chanyeol like the back of his hand.

 

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter