Chapter 23

Safe Haven: Book 1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

•~•~•~•~•❤️❤️❤️•~•~•~•~•

 

 

 

Four months till closing. 

 

 

 

 

 

Four months.

 

 

 

 

 

 

There's that creepy pause. Like every hearts on the large shiny court wasn't beating at all. All their breaths are tucked in the shallows of their lungs. Eyes motioned on every slow movements of a certain handsome boy playing down the middle. And there was Baekhyun, feet on the ground around the VIP section of the court, unable to keep himself calm. He wanted to squirm and shout but there's a lump in his throat that blocked his entire motive to let the tension off of his body.

 

 

 

 

 

It was really the last season of the game. And it's the most awaited game of the year.

 

 

 

 

 

 

He was bitting his nails too hard that it would fell off the ground any seconds now. Eyes fixated on the seconds counting. And there, Chanyeol sprinting and taking a good hold of the ball on his large hands, and flawlessly shooting it in an all focused and concentrated professional manner in the small ring out the end of the corner. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The ball circled the ring, dangerously balanced from it, taking seconds to tease the circular metal and then Baekhyun feels like his heart just stopped.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And there, the ball, with suspense, find its way inside the ring and another 3 points added by Chanyeol's team. Flashed on the large digital and high technology scorer board up above each opposite sides of the huge court.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Booming, screaming and cheering made Baekhyun's ears hurt as he quickly covered them with his palms. He saw how the pieces of golden foils rained down the huge rectangular court, like what it happens when Simon hit the golden buzzer in Britain's Got Talent.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A couple of seconds after, he suddenly got pushed from the audiences climbing and finding their ways to set their feet on the wooden shiny court in the middle in an attempt to congratulate the winners. To congratulate Chanyeol's team.

 

 

 

 

 

 

—Yeah, because they just won over the defending champion basketball team of one of the famous universities around South Korea. It was their last season of the game and that made them the champion all over South Korea's university players.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

With the distraction that was making Baekhyun dizzy and all, he got spun and held close . Lucky that he felt the thick board that separated the court from the bleachers. But it's not all of it,

 

 

 

 

 

 

A sudden pull made his small body jerked forward. Accepting the reality that he may embarrass himself on the big crowd by falling down on the other side of the court and imagining his face being mopped first.

 

 

 

 

 

 

But all of it wasn't even close to reality as he officially felt strong thick arms lifted him up unto the other side of the corner. Yeah, his eyes was tightly shut and his face had this scrunched expression from expecting an embarrassing incident.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hey, open your eyes." He heard the panting voice. It was that deep voice with that ragged breathing followed. It was that voice he fell inlove with.

 

 

 

 

 

 

And with that, he felt alarmed. And instead of opening his eyes, he spoke breathily.

 

 

 

 

 

"Chanyeol, we're in public." Baekhyun muffled ghostly though he couldn't prevent the shade of red getting into his face as he sum up the position he's having.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Carried bridal style with a topless, hotly sweating man, being held on muscly arms and being buried on toned chest and abs—in a freaking public place wasn't the idea he had in mind. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Yeah I'm aware of that." Chanyeol shrugged, he flashed a smirk as Baekhyun whined.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"C-Chanyeol, what're you doing," Baekhyun asked nervously as the unrelenting tall handsome male who was carrying him bridal style just chuckled by his undeniable cuteness.

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun senses the eyes and the clicks of cameras around them. He wasn't prepared for this, and his heart is going to explode in a minute if this don't stop.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Put me down." Baekhyun whined. Wriggling his body and covering his face as he buries himself on the taller's chest in attempt to hide himself. But he just felt hot salty sweat of beads cooled his super hot face in the process.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Look at me. Or else I'll kiss you in public." Chanyeol stated. Authority and dominance laced on his thick voice.

 

 

 

 

 

Fudge! What does this freaking man doing?! Baekhyun cursed. He wanted to cry and just wished that the floor would eat him up wholly, away from the crowds.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Oh my God. No! Please." He spoke bitting his tongue and complaining because his heart wasn't cooperating with him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The noises such as gasps and surprise yelps and those whispers just made Baekhyun's life harder as he wanted to pop out like a bubble.

 

 

 

 

 

 

He heard a deep sigh as sweaty arms made set his feet on the ground. He stood up and he just realized that his legs were so weak like there's no bones in there, making him unable to stand properly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Chanyeol, I can't." Baekhyun begged. Though he wanted to kiss Chanyeol, but fudge he can't just do it in public!

 

 

 

 

 

"You made your choice." Chanyeol shrugs and pried Baekhyun's hands, cupping the latter's face with his large calloused ones.

 

 

 

 

 

 

And there, Baekhyun who's disoriented couldn't have the time to open and squint his eyes anymore as pair of really warm lips attached on his. He yelped under the hot kiss but it never made the taller to stop. He suddenly felt his body losing its energy and he was seconds on falling down yet as cliche as it sounds, two strong arms held him on place again, keeping him standing and being pulled more.

 

 

 

 

 

All gasps and wide eyes was flashed around them. What a perfect public display.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Chanyeol really did his plan." Jongin smirked as he tugged his jersey away from his sweat soaked body and threw it on Kyungsoo's face. The others just looked wide eyed, but Kyungsoo just glared and walked out with that heat in his cheeks.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Surprise." Chanyeol whispered on the latter's ears who's breathless.

 

 

 

 

 

"Happy birthday, Baekhyun! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BAEKHYUN! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BAEKHYUN!" Luhan, Kyungsoo and the whole basketball team sang as rehearsed with all the banners and birthday trumpets. And uhh... yeah, Chanyeol threatened them to not mess up the small thing he asked for. Mm. Just to sing a birthday song.

 

 

 

 

 

"Happy 18th Birthday Baekhyun!! We Love you! CHANYEOL LOVES YOU!" They said in unison. The unknowledgeable audiences just smiled and clapped on the beat of the song.

 

 

 

 

 

"Happy birthday my Baekhyun." Chanyeol spoke romantically. His eyes trained towards the smaller man.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yixing tossed him a dry jersey and he put it on. Lay handed the bouquet of pink flowers and a huge heart shaped chocolates to him. Yeah, just as rehearsed.

 

 

 

 

 

After he had gathered his composure, Chanyeol kneeled down with his left knee as he offered the bouquet and chocolates to Baekhyun. Everyone chirped and squealed, the jealous cheerleaders who's been bouncing into him can't hide the squirm in their mouths as well as the tears as they were defeated by a small beautiful male.

 

 

 

 

 

"Will you be my cute little boyfriend, Byun Baekhyun." Chanyeol's voice was sincere and his eyes full of hope. Although  some of his red hairs are stuck on his forehead due to the intensive competition happened just minutes ago, he still managed to smile lovingly that his eyes never left its sparkles.

 

 

 

 

 

 

That as if Baekhyun had replenished his strength just by looking at him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

", they're on public." Luhan cried as he saw how romantic Chanyeol it is to Baekhyun, he felt happy for his bestfriend.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"C-Chanyeol..." Baekhyun sobbed as fat tears made their way on his tomato colored cheeks.

 

 

 

 

 

 

And there, like the game earlier, their breath stops, heart never taking a leap and their eyes glued on the man who's looking down on the man who was kneeling, waiting for the freaking answer.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Yes. I wanted you to be my boyfriend." He covered his face as he sobbed more. He didn't expected this kind of surprise, not in his freaking lifetime. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol stood up. Triumphant smile invaded his face. Feeling undeniably happy and dreamy as his plan worked more than what he expected. Damn, he even wasn't sure if he could win out the game earlier just so he can pull out this kind of surprise but luck was on his side.

 

 

 

 

 

"I'm the happiest man ever existed Baekhyun." Though it was cheesy, Chanyeol's baritone voice evidently broken. He carried Baekhyun and swung him around and kissing the smaller's plump soft lips again.

 

 

 

 

 

He won the game, he won Baekhyun's heart. He won the grand prize. What a lucky man.

 

 

 

 

 

He hugged the smaller in his chest. Happiness was written on his face but he can't afford to show infront of everyone his tears of joy.

 

 

 

 

 

Like the first time they met, he lifted up Baekhyun lightly and moved him away from the crowd not because he was bullied. But instead of bringing to a comfort room to changed for his pants, he moved him from his car and drove him to the latter's  home.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Once the car was park infront of the Byun residence, Baekhyun, who was still covering his face with his pocket bag now, slowly lifted his face and when he realized he was home, he opened the car door swiftly and got out.

 

 

 

 

 

 

He quickly opened the front door in an attempt to run away from Chanyeol but,

 

 

 

 

 

 

"SURPRISE!!!" Baekhyun was surprised by his mother and brother once again. He heard bells chiming and birthday trumpets, he saw birthday hats, colorful letterings of 'Happy Birthdays' plastered around the ceiling. A huge sky blue cake was nicely fitted from the small table, other foods neatly displayed outside the backyard beside the tree house.

 

 

 

 

 

 

And Baekhyun had just been baptized and washed from happiness that he feels like his heart was swollen because of it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

He almost forgot that Chanyeol buy his cake every birthday he come up.

 

 

 

 

 

"Chanyeol bought the cake?" Baekhyun asked. His tears nonstop as he held the large human size teddybear that has 'I love you Baekhyun' printed on it that he found in the couch.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"No hyung. Mom and I bought it for you. But that teddybear was Chanyeol's gift." Taehyung smiled as he felt joyous that they witness Baekhyun this happy with their efforts and all.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Oh, eomma, Taehyung!" Baekhyun stomped, running towards his mom and his sibling as he hugged them tight. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You shouldn't have bother." Baekhyun cried, his eyes were red because of crying and his mom couldn't avoid the tears attacking his eyes when she realized that a month salary was worth it to make his son's birthday celebration become perfect.

 

 

 

 

 

"This is just what me and your brother can afford." Mrs.Byun smiled, wiping her tears as he realized how Baekhyun grew up. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"It was more than enough, eomma." Baekhyun kissed his mother's cheeks.

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol and the rest, including Sehun, joined the house. Watching the drama under the roof and before they get to detached and emotional, they decided to ready the foods.

 

 

 

 

 

They grilled barbecue and steaks in the backyard and prepared the food to bring outside.

 

 

 

 

 

"I'm still not giving up on, Baek." Sehun mumbles beside Chanyeol.

 

 

 

 

 

"I know. But I'll do my best to make him stay away from you. I'll give everything just to make him happy." Chanyeol answered back with that calm voice. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When it was all prepared, the drama laid low and smiles and laughter soon filled the air.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Eomma," Baekhyun started, looking a bit nervous at his mother. They were gathered around the oval shaped table, enough to fit all of them together as they ate their food and played conversations.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Chanyeol and I— Uhh.. we're a thing. He's now my boyfriend..." Baekhyun bit his inner lip as he waited for an answer. His mother just smiled and ruffled Baekhyun's hair.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Aww Baekkie, I knew that you two would be a thing, and I'm happy as long as you're happy with your decisions. I just never thought that you would lose your ity this young. Wear protection, okay?" Mrs.Byun commented. Baekhyun spluttered his breath as felt rushed blush on his cheeks as well as Chanyeol. The rest just burst into laughter.

 

 

 

 

 

"EOMMA! I'M STILL A ! OH MY GOD! I admit, my lips aren't anymore but overall I'm a !" Baekhyun puffed, crimson red raided his cheeks as he took a glimpse at Chanyeol who just shrugs and ate a mouthful of steak.

 

 

 

 

 

"I know! I was just teasing you!" M

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter