Chapter 2

Her Reminiscences
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Please DO NOT tag or post this fanfic to all of Blackpink's social media accounts and if someone does, please report immediately. Keep in mind too that this is called FICTION for a reason. The story, the plot, the setting and everything aren't connected or related to any of the characters' reality. Do not use my fanfics for any other purpose too and in any case of plagiarisms, please do report immediately.

Thank you very much. Enjoy reading.

==================================

Chapter 2

 

No one ever said that life is going to be easy. No one ever experienced a life that’s purely joy and happiness. No one had ever walked through a straight line to a wonderful life without flaming roads placed on curves and detours. No matter how good a person looks from the outside, no matter how many millions and success they have achieved, behind all these things are hardships and a lot of sacrifices that were made that the eyes fail to see.

 

For instance, this successful businesswoman at such a young age whom everyone thought is happy and has a perfect life as she smiles through the pain, she laughs to hide her painful howls of the past, has bundles of millions in her bank and appears jolly as she has always been but no one knows, no one sees and no one can hear what her weak heart has been dying to scream. Yes, she’s here standing but her happiness is nowhere to be found.

 

“Lisa, are you listening? You look pale and you seem to be spacing out. Is there something wrong?”

 

Lisa was startled as the man holding her cold hand called her out. It was then she understood her mind has been blank the whole time, her thoughts are empty and that her heart feels so dead. She didn’t realize she’s inside a church and how she ended up being there, not until her attention was called. Yet, she shows no shade of shame, rather she just kept giving the man her straight face, not a smile, not a frown, just a face of complete emptiness.

 

“Maybe I’m just tired.” Lisa belatedly replied and smoothly taking her hand back from the man and put it inside her yellow coat’s pocket.   

 

Then the man stands in front of her, gently caressing her back and suggests, “Should we call it a day so you can get some rest? Jisoo is also outside waiting for you. She didn’t want to come in and said she wanted us to check the church preparations ourselves.”

 

“Sorry. I think you’re right. I just don’t feel so good today.” Lisa sighed and again shrugged off the man’s touch.

 

While the man talks to the team who has been with them the entire time but Lisa never noticed, she took the opportunity as she walks out of the church in haste, as if she doesn’t want to breathe inside and felt so suffocated. And for Jisoo who has been there waiting for her, as if she has expected Lisa to be dashing out any second from the moment they entered the church, she caught Lisa in her arms to give her that hug she knows Lisa needs.

 

“You seem off. Do you want to talk about it while we go back?” Jisoo asked in a whisper.

 

And Lisa nods against her shoulder, “Yeah…”

 

“You’ve been actually out of the world since this morning when I came to fetch you. I thought you just feel sick or you had a fight with your fiancé but when I noticed your soul almost leaving you when you entered the church, I knew you’re having deep thoughts.” Jisoo straightforwardly said as she drives with Lisa on her passenger’s seat in front.

 

Lisa sighed deep and unenthusiastically acknowledges, “Yeah. I just don’t feel like getting married to that man yet. He’s nice. He’s a gentleman and he takes care of me entirely. He’s an ideal man that anyone can dream of but I just can’t give my all and everything to him. When we were still approaching the church, my mind began imagining things.”

 

“It’s Jennie, isn’t it?” Jisoo smirked.

 

Lisa glances at her in shock, “How did you know?”

 

“And for your information too, you accidentally called me Jennie earlier today. Thank God your fiancé didn’t hear you. It’s pretty obvious too that you’ve been thinking about Jennie recently.” Jisoo giggled.

 

“Is… that so?” Lisa flushed and shrinks on her seat.

 

Jisoo takes a full brake of her car onto a side as she talks to Lisa heart-to-heart, giving her the fullest attention and grills, “Tell me, do you still love her?”

 

Lisa feels as if Jisoo is reading her mind and knowing there’s no way to run, she helplessly nods once again but this time her tears flow, “I do. I still do. Every day, every night, I think about her. It almost feels like a torture every single second that I’m getting closer to my marriage to another person that’s not her. I feel dead inside. I just need her after all these times, these years… I want to be with her again.”

 

“But Lisa… are you ready to fight for her?” Jisoo questioned and that’s when Lisa shook her head, leading Jisoo to another disappointment but somehow expected. “Well, I guess it’s impossible now that your marriage is set. I warned you before, didn’t I? The moment you accept this marriage, you can never turn back now. And it’s been years. Jennie might have moved on already too but who knows…”

 

“I don’t even know if I have the right to say I love her because I’m just one hopeless and helpless person who broke my promises to her. I’m so confused and I feel like I’m so stuck in the middle. I just don’t know.” Lisa continues on sobbing and Jisoo being her supportive best friend keeps on wiping off those tears away.

 

Seeing Lisa like this, regardless of her cowardice, Jisoo surely does not like this pain she can see from her. Thus, she frankly advises, “The only way for you to know is to meet her and see how she’s doing.”

 

“Huh?” Lisa went speechless.

 

“I know it’s been so long and neither of us have heard anything from her since then. She even left the fashion designing industry all of a sudden that shocked us all and even after she designed your wedding dress, we still failed to see at least her shadows. Aren’t you worried and curious at the same time how she is doing now? So, don’t you think you should meet her again?” Jisoo said as she urges Lisa to go for it.

 

Lisa however hesitates, “But how…? I mean… I don’t know.”

 

“I saw her parents not long ago walking around the area near their house so they still probably live there. You’ll know what to say when you meet her again. And you’ll slowly find answers once you face her again. The best thing to find solution is to face it, isn’t it? There’s no other choice on how to find solution to your burdens but to talk to her personally. Your cowardice won’t lead you anywhere this time and besides, it’s just a talk.” Jisoo persuaded with a pat on Lisa’s head.

 

Lisa, for the first time of the day, she smiles only if it’s slim, “Thank you for always supporting me unnie. I’m dumb and coward. I know. But you never left me.”

 

“Who will support you if it’s not me? Your parents can’t even lend their ears on you and I’m sure you cannot tell them either how you feel unless it’s related to the family business.” Jisoo just grinned out to lighten Lisa’s heavy feelings.

 

With a nod of confidence, Lisa went out of Jisoo’s car and flagged a taxi going to the opposite way where they are supposed to go. She doesn’t have anything in her head planned to tell Jennie but here she is, making her way to her. She doesn’t have an idea how and where to start once Jennie, the woman she loves but she never saw in years, will face her. However, despite being clueless, here she is, carrying a confidence and fired up heart just to see her again.

 

Meanwhile, Jennie spends her day with Chaeyoung in her place that’s so quiet and dull since the day she became a lot weaker and has been going in and out of the hospital. The house became so plain like the joy of a happy family completely out of it. But not when Chaeyoung is around to give color to the air and particularly to give fire to Jennie’s faded will. And inside Jennie’s room, here they spend their time together and filled the air with laughter and bright smiles that Jennie needs the most.

 

“So, which wig do you want to wear today?” Chaeyoung put up two wigs, a blonde and a black one both long and straight, to show to Jennie who is sitting in front of her dresser.

 

Jennie immediately pushed the blonde one out of her sight and points at the black wig, giggling as she says, “Never show me the blonde one anymore. I hate it. Remind me how come we bought that one…”

 

“But it’s cute! We’ll look like we have matching blonde hair!” Chaeyoung laughed while placing the chosen wig on Jennie’s head.

 

Jennie, through the mirror, she observes Chaeyoung with a huge smile on her face while she works on her wig diligently. She’s so focused like her life depends on it and she does it so carefully not to cause her any unnecessary pain on her head. She works almost like a professional hairdresser and with those hand skills she can observe, Chaeyoung obviously practiced this for her. And Jennie, after noting all of these unseen efforts that Chaeyoung has been working on for her, instead of keeping that smile up, she later frowned and looked down.

 

“Done! You look pretty with this hairstyle!” Chaeyoung happily announced after a perfect job but soon also toned down when there was no reaction from Jennie.

 

“Y-yeah…” Jennie forced a smile.

 

Chaeyoung wasted no time for this frown from Jennie pains her and so she moved Jennie’s chair to face her as she, once again as always, kneels to talk while holding her hands by her lap, “Hey, what’s with the sad face? Don’t you like your hair? Should we buy another one? I kind of curled it too though, the style you really love.”

 

Before the conversation can go deeper, Jennie decided to let her thoughts go out of her head and shifts back to her sweet smile, “It’s nothing. Never mind. It’s just me with my nonsense thoughts. But hey, you worked really good on my hair today. And anyway, we should get going. Mom and dad said they are waiting for me at the hospital already and so that you can also go back to your work.”

 

“Are you sure you’ll be fine taking the taxi on your own?” Chaeyoung asked worried as she can clearly see Jennie’s small footsteps walking around the room gathering her things for her small sling bag.

 

Jennie, however, kept her smile bright and assures, “I’ll be fine. I promise. I feel good today too so I believe I won’t get any headaches for the next hours. Also, I think you’re forgetting that you also have your job to go back on. You have to go back soon before you lose your job and I don’t want that to happen because you’re here taking care of me.”

 

“Well yeah… I just escaped actually.” Chaeyoung awkwardly laughed. “How about at least let me walk you out until I get you a taxi on the intersection then I’ll go back to my work after I see you off?” She then insisted following Jennie to the doorsteps wearing their shoes on, and then locked the entire house.

 

Jennie extended her hands, asking for Chaeyoung’s, beaming, “Hold my hand then? It’s slippery outside because of yesterday’s rain and I don’t want to cause any unnecessary accidents before my check-up later on.”

 

“Sure. No problem.” Chaeyoung blushed but more than glad she intertwined her hand with Jennie’s warm ones.

 

It hasn’t been a meter away from the house’s gate, as they hold hands and barely enjoyed each other’s warmth, when a taxi parked just in front of them. Both are puzzled and ogle at the unexpected encounter they are yet to find out. Not until Lisa came out of the taxi, their confused gazes turned horror and their ogles became two widening eyes in shock. Chaeyoung eagle-eyed on her while she’s still going down to face them properly. Whereas for Jennie, she’s frozen, heart pounding loud in mixed emotions and sweat is breaking out in this cold weather.

 

“Lisa…” Jennie hardly spoke out of her dried mouth and like a ghost in a bright morning, her eyes speak of alarm.

 

Lisa, at last, looked up ahead of her and her heart was bombed in an instant. Likewise, from few meters away from them she’s frozen at the sight of Jennie, a shocking sight of her from head to toe which Lisa quietly observed as she can be seen thin, and unhealthy. She couldn’t utter anything at all and let her heart beating so fast to take over all of her senses. Lisa didn’t expect their first encounter after long years to be in this situation and because she’s moreover unprepared, she temporarily lost everything in her head.

 

That’s when Chaeyoung stepped forward and calls out for Lisa’s attention, “It’s been a long time, Lisa.”

 

“E-eh… Chaeyoung…” It was late when Lisa, being overwhelmed by the situation, recognized Chaeyoung’s unpredicted presence beside Jennie because of the changes in her as well and the most intriguing in her eyes which finally snap some senses back to her, their hands that are intertwined.

 

“You look like you’ve seen a ghost.” Chaeyoung smirked. “What brings you here after such a long time?” She then added as she has taken the initiative to talk in place of Jennie who remains stoned beside her.

 

Lisa’s eyes go back and forth between Chaeyoung and Jennie, giving them questionable daggers. She’s in so much confusion, a lot of questions in her head going in and out but her cowardice, as always, is ruining this one rare moment for her to meet Jennie once again. Yet, eventually, she clenched her fists and with a deep breath she puts her eyes on steady, not to Chaeyoung but to Jennie who is looking down straight at the ground.

 

“Jennie, I know you’re not expecting me to be here after everything that had happened between us. I don’t even know if I still have the right to be standing in front of you. I know it’s been a long time and I am not sure of what you think of me right now anymore. But please, just this time, can you spare a time for me and let’s talk?” Lisa pleaded though her voice was shaky as she voiced out.

 

Jennie didn’t give her the response she needs; instead she gripped tighter on Chaeyoung’s hand, wordlessly asking her for help. Thus Chaeyoung does the talking, confronting Lisa head on, “Bold of you to talk like that as if it’s easy for her to do as you say…”

 

“I’m not talking to you, Chaeyoung. Besides, why are you here too? Didn’t you say after graduation that you’re going back to Australia to work there with your parents?” Lisa glared at her as if she’s being challenged for a fight.

 

Despite of Lisa’s sharp glares at her, Chaeyoung contains her calm ones, answering in composure, “I did go back to Australia that time. But have you forgotten what I told you the last time we talked? I know how to keep my words, you know that and so here I am…”

 

Lisa’s eyebrow flicked for a second and later her glares turned overpowered as she recalled that one particular day when Chaeyoung left the country. Remembering those times, Lisa was silenced and Chaeyoung has the victorious smile in the end. The atmosphere between them became so heavy that Jennie could barely breathe around the tension, especially to Lisa’s presence which she cannot handle at a situation like this.

 

“You said it yourself… it’s been a long time…” Jennie finally spoke and got Lisa’s ears to listen to her soft fragile voice while Chaeyoung looked away but never letting go of that hand she swore to protect.

 

“But Jennie I still lov—“

 

“Don’t dare you say it now!” Jennie cut her off as her silent cries happened and her body began shaking terribly. Then she goes on in between her sobs, “For those long times I waited for you to change your mind and I was so willing to give you a chance. I was telling myself during those times you abandoned me, just one knock from you at my door and I’ll welcome you back again. But nothing came! You never came back! You’re a coward! Then you’ll come here all of a sudden just when you’re about to get married and want to talk to me all of a sudden?”

 

“Calm down… it’s not good for you.” Chaeyoung had to urgently whisper to Jennie.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter