Chapter 4

Her Reminiscences
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Please DO NOT tag or post this fanfic to all of Blackpink's social media accounts and if someone does, please report immediately. Keep in mind too that this is called FICTION for a reason. The story, the plot, the setting and everything aren't connected or related to any of the characters' reality. Do not use my fanfics for any other purpose too and in any case of plagiarisms, please do report immediately.

Thank you very much. Enjoy reading.

==================================

Chapter 4

 

Every journey has an end. Every life will come to its end but as much as possible, people would want it to be a long ride. However, yet again, some are unfortunately not granted by a long expedition for their life as they see the finish line of the race right in front of them even if they don’t want to and even if they are not yet prepared for it. So, what’s the best for people to enjoy this life that’s not guaranteed if it will last long or not? Live with no regrets, always choose kindness and die with no hatred but the bliss of peace in heart.

 

As said by many, marriage is one of the phases in life that most people would want to achieve, only if it’s done with a lifetime partner they love truly and deeply, with someone who is worth of the word forever. This is why on this very day that Lisa is finally wearing her wedding dress, her smile and joy is nowhere to be found as she’s soon to exchange her vows of a lifetime with someone who never once moved her heart, not once she saw a future with.

 

“As expected from Jennie Kim’s work, it perfectly fits you! I’m looking forward to meet her later on and thank her for this one last masterpiece she made especially for your wedding.” Lisa’s mother praised as she helps her daughter in this exclusive hotel room from preparing for her wedding.

 

Jisoo, her right hand for this day already in her bridesmaid pink gown and all glammed up, joins Lisa in front of the full-body sized mirror. Lisa’s shoulder-leveled which she now dyed in dark is flawlessly dangling and shining. Her make-up that emphasized her eyes totally matches with how small her face is. And the most eye-catching, her wedding dress that’s only made for her, this dress that perfectly shows off her curves and highlighting her long y legs but at the same time, conservative and covered her skin just right for her. The simplicity is evident because of the few drops of beads and diamonds in her dress, but the silk cloth made it just seamless for someone like Lisa.   

 

“I will only say you look pretty but not so beautiful since your frown is very obvious.” Jisoo whispered to her while the busy mother is preparing her silver high pointed heels at the other side of the room.

 

Lisa only painfully smiled upon remembering Jennie as she breathes it out, “Jennie sure knows me too well. Just look how she made this dress for me… but not with her. Do you think she’ll come with Chaeyoung?”

 

“W-well… about that…” Jisoo breaks out in sweat.

 

Jisoo became evidently anxious at the mention of Jennie’s name and as a result she just cannot bring herself to look straight into Lisa’s eyes. And just in time her phone starting ringing, a call coming from Chaeyoung which isn’t really saving her skin from this situation she’s in. But thankfully, because of the mother’s presence around Lisa, she managed to get out of the room fast to answer the unexpected call.

 

Jisoo picks up and rustles at the hotel’s lobby, “Hey, you sure know how to call at a wrong time! Lisa almost saw you calling and she would have been suspicious!”

 

“Oh, is she preparing now?” Chaeyoung laughed.

 

“Yeah. She looks like she just wants this day to end already.” Jisoo rolled her eyes.

 

Chaeyoung can be heard sighing from the other line then she speaks low, “Just tell her I sent my congratulatory message through you, even if I do know she doesn’t really want to be congratulated.”

 

“By the way, aren’t you really coming? And how about Jennie, she knows it’s today too right? Don’t you guys want to take a peek maybe just to see the outcome of Jennie’s wedding dress design? It looks perfect on Lisa though.” Jisoo questioned as she further advised.

 

But another heavy sigh came out of Chaeyoung, this time with a tone that’s holding back her emotions, “Sorry unnie, we can’t really make it today. Jennie is already confined in the hospital. The day has come unnie…”

 

“Hey, what do you mean by that?” Jisoo grew nervous.

 

“She reached her limit three days ago…” Chaeyoung said but this time, Jisoo heard her sobbing. “…she rapidly became worse in the past days and she just… she just…” She wanted to keep talking but clogged and Jisoo can only imagine how hard Chaeyoung must be crying at this moment.

 

Jisoo can be as nervous as she is, but she chose to remain composed to comfort her friend, saying, “Stay strong Chaeyoung. You know we’re always here for you too.”

 

“I’m just not yet ready for this unnie. The doctors are too straightforward on us and I get it that they have to say it but I’m just so shocked. I just want to be with her more.” Chaeyoung continues on sobbing harder and harder each second that this call goes on.

 

“What was their word on Jennie?” Jisoo asked in her soft tone not to pressure the broken woman more.

 

Chaeyoung gulped and courageously speaks, “Once she gains consciousness, they will urgently schedule an operation for her within today. The chance she’ll make it is near zero but it has to be done to ease Jennie from the pain. Jennie also seemed to have signed the DNR order days ago. I didn’t even know about it.”

 

Jisoo gasped low and turned towards the wall not to be seen in the midst of crying in front these entire hotel guests going in and out of the hotel. Her hands started to shake, and her heart pumps so fast and loud for she feels is misery and so many regrets that are now rushing to attack her mind, making her feel worse than before.

 

“What should we do…? Won’t we really tell Lisa…? I feel so heavy looking at Lisa wearing that wedding dress while not knowing anything what’s going on with Jennie and worse… she’s going to lose her on her wedding day. That’s just … why is this even happening… I just hate this feeling… I don’t know what to do. I don’t know what’s right and wrong anymore too.” Jisoo expressed as she heavily breathed.  

 

“I’ll try talking to Jennie. The nurses said she’s awake. I’ll go check on her now.” Chaeyoung hang up the call without waiting for further words from Jisoo.

 

Jisoo was left in worst dilemma, guilt that’s burdening her and a sense of responsibility laid on her shoulders. Because she’s in such situation frozen in the middle of what’s right or wrong, she couldn’t face Lisa anymore. Hence, she quickly tapped a message for her as she decided not to go back into that room where she can see her in a wedding dress, but proceeds straight to the church and there she’ll wait.

 

In the meantime, Chaeyoung coated her shattering heart with a sweet yet weak smile as she enters Jennie’s private hospital room after wiping dry her face that was once drenched with tears. And there Jennie is, staring straight on the ceiling showing no sadness, no smile, no tears and plainly nothing. But not until she took notice of Chaeyoung’s presence walking towards her bed, she looks up on her and her sight becomes bright once again.

 

“Did you cry?” That was the first thing Jennie asked as she scans Chaeyoung’s face up close.

 

“I didn’t.” Chaeyoung denied.

 

But Jennie uses her weak hand to reach out to her cheeks, wiping a left over tear and leers, “Liar… you didn’t wipe your tears very well.”

 

“Well… maybe just a bit.” Chaeyoung still contested then she informs as she sits on her bedside, holding her hand, “You parents went to talk with the doctor. They’ll be back shortly to be with us here.”

 

“I guess the time has come, huh?” Jennie said monotonous with her eyes darted straight into Chaeyoung’s eyes that are swollen.

 

As Chaeyoung wants no sadness surrounding them, she keeps on fighting her inner self and shows grins that are so painful to make, “Oh c’mon… let’s not think about that right now. You’re going to make me cry for real again if you keep being like that.”

 

“Then…” Jennie thought of something at the sight of Chaeyoung’s guitar resting beside her bed. “…can you sing for me? You have your guitar right there anyway so maybe play it for me too? It’s been so long since I last heard you play it. I missed it.” She then demanded.

 

Chaeyoung faltered no more as she grabbed her guitar and asks straightaway, “What do you want me to sing for you? I’ll play anything you ask me to.”

 

Jennie looks again up the ceiling and states deep, “Today is also Lisa’s wedding, right? In the end we couldn’t attend it. I hope her wedding dress fitted her too. It would be bad and a shame if it didn’t. And you said you were also asked to sing for them, right? Why don’t you sing that song you initially planned for them? I’d like to hear it too and maybe in this way, it would feel like we attended too.”

 

“To be honest, I chose a song that Lisa might not really want. You know, as revenge or something for being such a coward…” Chaeyoung giggled for a second but then she turns serious as she expresses, “Lisa may not like the song I wanted to sing for her first dance with her groom, but at the same time, I chose that song while I was thinking of you, a song that I actually want to sing for you.”

 

“For me?” Jennie beamed so weak.

 

Chaeyoung nodded as she now sets her guitar’s tune, “Yeah and I hope you’ll like it though.”

 

Chaeyoung begins strumming her guitar and as soon as she did, Jennie knew what the song is and because she knew it very well, she couldn’t help her tears from coming out, soaking her pillow. A romantic and meaningful song for a woman she loves the most, a promise of forever, this is what the song is about and just exactly what Chaeyoung wanted to convey to Jennie since from the beginning. Thinking Out Loud, this is the song Chaeyoung wants to deliver for the love she never gave up on.

 

When your legs don't work like they used to before
And I can't sweep you off of your feet
Will your mouth still remember the taste of my love
Will your eyes still smile from your cheeks

And darling I will be loving you 'til we're 70
And baby my heart could still fall as hard at 23
And I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways
Maybe just the touch of a hand
Oh me I fall in love with you every single day
And I just wanna tell you I am

So honey now
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Place your head on my beating heart
I'm thinking out loud
Maybe we found love right where we are

When my hair's all but gone and my memory fades
And the crowds don't remember my name
When my hands don't play the strings the same way, mm
I know you will still love me the same

'Cause honey your soul can never grow old, it's evergreen
Baby your smile's forever in my mind and memory

I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways
Maybe it's all part of a plan
I'll just keep on making the same mistakes
Hoping that you'll understand

But baby now
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Place your head on my beating heart
I'm thinking out loud
That maybe we found love right where we are, oh

So baby now
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Oh darling, place your head on my beating heart
I'm thinking out loud
That maybe we found love right where we are

Oh maybe we found love right where we are
And we found love right where we are

 

Chaeyoung soundly performed the touching song for Jennie, exclusively for her ears to hear and only for her heart. She felt her chest ached as she was singing, especially when she saw those tears that were flowing out of Jennie’s eyes but at least for this one moment that may be the last time for them, she wanted it to be perfect and showed no pain as she sang.

 

“Chaeng…” Jennie cried.

 

Chaeyoung puts down her guitar to guide Jennie to sit up in her bed, hugging her smoothly, “C’mon, I didn’t sing that song for you to feel sad or to cry.”

 

Jennie goes on crying, clenching tight on Chaeyoung’s shirt with her face buried onto her shoulder, “But I’m not going to live long anymore… I’ll be going soon. I can’t be with you anymore…”

 

“But I do. And I will cherish every single moment you made me feel happy, those moments you made me feel worried and those moments you made me sad, smile, and laugh… everything. Even if you say right now that you can’t be beside me anymore, I’ll keep on living to love you. And you do know that, right?” Chaeyoung whispered and caresses her back.

 

Yet Jennie continues with her too many ‘buts’ as it’s only now or never she can say what her weakening mind was been screaming, “But you will never feel complete anymore if you do that. But you will always feel sad and alone. But you won’t—“

 

“Shh…” Chaeyoung hushed her before she becomes out of breath. “It’s okay. I may not be able to physically hold you like this, but I will in my heart and I will carry these things you taught me throughout my life. So, don’t worry. Please… don’t cry.”

 

Jennie tugged herself back, cups Chaeyoung face and attached their foreheads together as she hisses close to her lips, “I’m sorry for everything Chaeyoung… Even if I’m gone, please I want you to be the one who will still take care of me. Even after my last breath, it may be selfish of me, but please take care of me. And from hereon, I’ll leave the rest up to you. Please promise me…”

 

“I will. I promise.”

 

Just when Chaeyoung thought that would be the closest their faces could get, Jennie removed the gap in between, planting a kiss just right on the corner Chaeyoung’s lower lip while her face is still locked and cupped by her fragile hands. Chaeyoung said none anymore but definitely she’s initially surprised that her heart stopped, but nonetheless, she closed her eyes and let her lips be seized by the person who has her whole heart.

 

Meanwhile, as Jennie is counting hours in the hospital, Jisoo who just arrived at the church to check on the guests and other visitors is also counting only minutes now before the wedding formally starts. As restless as her body is her mind that’s occupied not because of the wedding that everyone seems to be waiting for, but because of Jennie’s situation she never told to the bride. If everyone around her looks excited and the bridesmaids are already in the position to start the ceremony, here she is anxious and uneasy in her stand.

 

“Jisoo…” The groom approached Jisoo who just joined the line of bridesmaids.

 

“Oppa, what’s wrong? If it’s about Lisa, she’s already on her way with her mom.” Jisoo said directly.

 

But the groom has a serious look in his face and asks, ‘Can we talk for a second? Right now if possible. We still have some minutes left, right?”

 

“Y-yeah sure but what is it about? Is it urgent?” Jisoo questioned for the groom evidently looks bothered now.

 

He nods and pulled Jisoo farther away from the group of bridesmaids, “Yes, it’s urgent. It’s about Jennie Kim, Lisa’s ex-girlfriend.”

 

Jisoo gasped so loud that some guests heard her noise. She glared at the groom’s grave looks on her as she stutters, “W-w-what… how did you know about her? A-a-and what is this about oppa?”

 

“It doesn’t matter how I found out about it. Does Lisa know she’s in the hospital? Does she know it’s today too…?” The groom questioned more that keeps on shocking Jisoo on the spot.

 

“Y-you know about that too? W-what’s going on here oppa?” Jisoo returned. “B-but anyway… Lisa doesn’t know anything. Don’t worry. I haven’t told her because I don’t know what to do either. I don’t know what you’ll do with her and now that you know about her I’m overly anxious and worried. I’m so scared of the aftermath of either decision that I’ll make, if I’ll tell her or not.” She then panicked and talked in rapid.

 

The groom sighed and later he smiled looking away, “Do you think I’m that kind of man that you see on dramas and movies who would do something bad from finding out the truth that I don’t like?”

 

“Kind of? It’s already suspicious and doubtful on how you found out about Jennie and even her whereabouts. Of course I’ll worry this much.” Jisoo scowled.

 

“Then come with me for a second. It won’t take long.” The groom suddenly pulled Jisoo away from the church, out from the ceremony that no one noticed their suspicious acts in secret.

 

On the other hand, Lisa is inside her wedding car together with her mother who just can’t stop fixing her daughter’s make-up, her dress and her hair that she keeps combing, whreas Lisa herself has her eyes stock outside, quietly and sadly counting the seconds she has left before her life will be completely locked up. The sadness in her eyes is so apparent yet her mother won’t read it and so Lisa depends on herself for a comfort.

 

“Lisa, your phone’s ringing. Aren’t you going to answer it?” Her mother said, startling Lisa as she hands over her phone that kept vibrating against her lap.

 

Lisa checks on the caller but it’s not in her phonebook, only the unfamiliar number appeared on her screen which made her to answer reluctant, “Hello? Uhm… excuse me but who’s this?”

 

“It’s me, Chaeyoung.”

 

Lisa’s eyes widened at the unexpected call, and stammers in shock, “O-oh… Hi…”

 

“I didn’t call to congratulate you. I already ask Jisoo-unnie to do so but I guess she hasn’t told you.” Chaeyoung started tough in her tone.

 

“Jisoo-unnie is already in the church and I’m on my way with mom. And by the way, what made you call then? Won’t you be coming?” Lisa tried to keep the conversation as casual as possible with her mother’s existence just beside her.

 

Chaeyoung didn’t talk for long seconds and Lisa could only hear her heavily breathing, until in a low hoarse voice she speaks, “I promised Jennie that I won’t ruin anything. However, she also asked me to handle the rest and that she’ll leave everything up to me. I don’t want her to have regrets and so am I, so you are. I don’t know if what I’m doing right now is right or wrong but at least for me, this is right because I love Jennie. I love her so much that I think everything I’m about to do for her is right.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter