Chapter 1

Her Reminiscences
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Please DO NOT tag or post this fanfic to all of Blackpink's social media accounts and if someone does, please report immediately. Keep in mind too that this is called FICTION for a reason. The story, the plot, the setting and everything aren't connected or related to any of the characters' reality. Do not use my fanfics for any other purpose too and in any case of plagiarisms, please do report immediately.

Again, friendly reminder... This fanfic will only contain five short chapters. Thank you very much and I hope you'll like it. 

=======================================

Chapter 1

 

Everyone goes through an experience that changes their life, an event that changes the perspective of their life they used to take for granted. The sorrowful ones, the happy ones and the momentous ones, these are the experiences and memories that people go through to learn and grow up, regardless of the aftermath of these experiences are. Nevertheless, involvements are not pure rainbows and sugars but it’s poured and filled with sweets, bitterness, sourness and salty encounters, situations and circumstances that composes this so-called life.

 

Life is only meant to be spent once and if possible, for the longest time possible. However, in such an unfortunate circumstance for this young fashion designer, she wasn’t promised and guaranteed for a long lifetime. Alone in her office, seated in her working table there she weakly, almost lifelessly, does her work which happened to be her passion as despite of how feeble she feels, a stretch on her lips is still visible at every of her pencil onto her drawing board.

 

“Maybe this is too revealing… maybe I’ll make it more conservative…” She talked and wondered to herself as she put the drawing paper up in the air, checking for flaws and improvement for her own work.

 

A fitted white dress with a length just an inch above the knees, that’s what she has been working on. Having no idea left for her to add on her work, she sighed and roamed her eyes around her office that’s not so spacious because of the dresses decorated around, those memorable works of her that she’s proud of and those trophies with her name embedded on it as the best designer of the year. Seeing all these significant pieces of memories laid in front of her eyes, she can only bitterly smile and soon tears fell as if it automatically flowed out.

 

“Was I really that good…?” She sighed deep.

 

But then, in a snap of a finger at the moment she attempted to stand from her seat, she’s staggered by a headache that causes her to go weak on her knees and drop straight on the floor. There she howls, she cries and she clenches tight on her hair while her sweat breaks all over her body. She’s breathless due to the great pain ringing in her head. She’s helpless as her vision blurred and her body becomes immovable as she shakes in agony.

 

“Damn…” She panted heavily, crawling back towards her seat just a foot away from her.   

 

“Jennie! What happened here?”

 

The door was initially opened carefully by a cautious blonde woman but it was opened abruptly upon the sight of the designer, Jennie, struggling on the cold floor, fighting with her life. Without further discussions, the blonde woman helped Jennie and seated her back on her office chair, removed her brown coat and enveloped it around her. Without words, she wrapped Jennie around a warm embrace as she kneels down so her head could rest on her shoulders while caressing the back of her head lightly. Only Jennie’s cry of pain can be heard echoing in the office and pours out all of it on this dependable shoulders that her weak body is resting on.

 

“I’m here. It’s okay… Just breathe. Should I grab you some water?” 

 

But Jennie shakes her head to the offer, enclosing the blonde woman around her shaking hands to prevent her from moving away as she pleads, “No, please just stay. I’ll be fine. Please, stay beside me. Don’t leave…”

 

“Hey, I won’t leave, okay? I’ll be here.” The blonde woman whispered then caresses Jennie’s hair gently.

 

They stayed on the same position for a sometime until a little while, Jennie’s loud cries turned into silent tears, her headache eventually disappeared, her vision turned back into normal and finally her breaths calmed down and at ease. But she needed more comfort and thus, she didn’t let go of the blonde woman just yet and kept the same silence for more minutes in which the blonde woman never questioned or complained how her body feels so stiffed from their position.

 

“Chaeyoung…?” Jennie hissed.

 

“Hmm…? Tell me.” The blonde woman, Chaeyoung, hissed back.

 

“Thank you, as always. And I’m sorry for staining your white shirt again with my tears. I always seem to end up ruining your favorite shirts.” Jennie softly smiled against her shoulder.

 

Chaeyoung also grins and embraces her tighter, “What are you talking about? You can stain all my shirts with your tears if you want. Don’t be sorry because I chose to do this for you.”

 

“But still…”

 

“No more ‘buts’ Miss Jennie Kim because if I tell you it’s okay then it’s okay and no more arguments on that. Besides, why are you here in your office on your own? You don’t work anymore and you’ve closed this some months ago. I also told you not to go anywhere without anyone accompanying you. Thank God I kind of sensed you’ll be here or else who knows what more could have happened earlier…” Chaeyoung strictly remarked yet her pats and warm hug remain the same.

                                                                                            

To which Jennie responds in a frown, “I was trying to draw my own dress for my funeral and I thought I could think better if I’m here on my own. I want to wear a dress I designed on my own to be buried with me.”

 

And this statement made Chaeyoung to pull away from the embrace but kept Jennie’s slender shoulders on hold. With her eyebrows creasing and eyes burning due to the unwanted words that came out of Jennie’s mouth, she glared at Jennie heatedly. Jennie, on the other hand, is only giving her a blank expression, not a brush of remorse on what was said and not even a slight smirk to say it’s a bad joke from her.

 

“Why are you saying that? I’ve told you before to stop thinking that way, didn’t I?” Chaeyoung hurtfully stared at her deep straight into her eyes.

 

But Jennie returns as her voice cracks, “Can you also please stop making yourself and I believe that I’m going to live?”

 

“W-what…” Chaeyoung got tight-lipped.

 

Jennie cups her face, lightly caressing her cheeks with her thumb as she speaks low, “Please, let’s not make this any bigger and let’s not debate about this more. I don’t want to feel heavier than what I’m feeling now. Can we just… you know… accept it and just do whatever we must now? Let’s just, maybe be happy or let’s do something fun. Besides, you also promised me.”

 

Chaeyoung, in defeat, she looked down on Jennie’s lap only to notice how much she had lost weight over a short period of time, as if it was only yesterday when she saw her running on a field. Hopeless, there’s nothing more that Chaeyoung can do to relieve the possible yet unescapable future that Jennie is about to face. Surely, this breaks not only Jennie’s heart but also hers, making her tears form in her eyes. Nevertheless, for Jennie’s sake, these tears shouldn’t fall anytime soon as this isn’t what Jennie needs as she believed.

 

Chaeyoung makes her stand, holding Jennie’s hand and smiles, “Then, shall we go out and walk around the city?”

 

“How about we go and buy my wig?” Jennie proposed as she pointed at her thinning her with a silly grin.

 

And Chaeyoung can only nod, pulling a joke to make the mood brighter, “Sure. I’ll choose you a blonde one so we’ll look alike.”

 

“Shut up! I will never go blonde!” Jennie barked but later laughed. “I’ll just go wash my face. Wait for me here.” She then said and walked towards the office’s comfort room, leaving Chaeyoung alone.

 

While Chaeyoung paces around the office, checking the plaques and awards on display, the dress placed on mannequins that Jennie designed herself, and looking through the most iconic design she made through her entire short run career laid on the table, she lastly eyed on a yellow envelope placed in between her drawing papers. Hence, out of curiosity, Chaeyoung pulled it out and that’s when she realized herself why Jennie began being mentally exhausted again.

 

“Oh yeah… Lisa’s wedding is approaching near.” Chaeyoung sighed.

 

“Are you going?” Jennie suddenly came out of the comfort room with a smirk as she caught Chaeyoung checking out the wedding invitation.

 

Startled, Chaeyoung hastily placed the invitation back on the table and forced out a giggle, saying, “W-well… her parents asked me if I can sing for her wedding but I declined not long ago. H-how about you, are you going? I mean, you designed her wedding dress… so, maybe you want to see the outcome or anything…”

 

“Why should I go to that coward’s wedding? Moreover, it’s not her who invited me. It was her parents who handed that over to me months ago and it’s them who asked me to design her wedding dress and she didn’t even know at first that it was me who designed it until her parents called me to tell me that Lisa was so shocked. And also…” Jennie paused and then she faces the mirror, looks at herself through the reflection and tells, “…I can’t possibly show her how weak and fragile I am now. I might not be even able to face her, after all that happened between us.”

 

Indeed, with anyone’s eyes, her body became so fragile and pale that anyone can tell she’s sick. This favorite black shirt she’s wearing used to fit her perfectly but now it’s baggy and wide. Her cheeks that used to be so puffy and squishy showed its cheekbone. Her old figure is nowhere to be found anymore and her old energy drained so fast like her phone’s battery.

 

Chaeyoung then positions beside her for a comfort as she holds her hand tight, “I’ll just be here. Don’t force yourself if you know you can’t. I just asked and it’s not that I’m telling you to go too.”

 

Jennie could only nod at Chaeyoung reassurance and smile at her. Upon being reminded of Lisa’s wedding, that’s the time her mind started flying away from reality and began reminiscing a past that can only cause heartache and a bitter smile. No matter how much she has been trying to stop these flashbacks from happening, she’s always being hit by it at her most vulnerable times.

 

“Nini, where do you want to get married?” Lisa, the tall blonde woman, asked out of nowhere to Jennie whose body is being tightly protected by her arms while they cuddle in the couch enjoying the silent night together in her place, in their matching pajamas.

 

Jennie almost choked on her favorite hot chocolate drink at the bold question. She averted her eyes from the movie they are watching and tilts her head a bit to look at Lisa only to shriek, “Yah! You’re already asking about that when you haven’t passed your final exams and you haven’t even graduated yet! Don’t you think we should worry about that first?”

 

 But Lisa insists as she childishly whines while tickling Jennie with her smooches by the shoulders, “I just want to know so when I graduate, at least I can get ready for it! I want to make sure everything’s good.”

                                                                                    

“Are you serious?” Jennie pondered and gave Lisa her thoughtful gazes.

 

Lisa nodded and made Jennie face her, “Yeah. Do you think I’m joking whenever I tell you that I’ll marry you? How can I joke about marriage? I only need you. I don’t want to lose you. I want to stay with you forever. I love you, Nini. You’re the only one I love. You’re my everything, my love and my life. Will you stay with me forever?”

 

“What, is that a marriage proposal?” Jennie pouted and Lisa grinned close to her lips. “Geez, you’re cheesy but you just don’t know the timing.” She then said, stealing a quick kiss afterwards.

 

“I don’t have a ring to give you yet and it would be embarrassing to kneel without a ring. I just want to make sure that you’ll be mine forever, that’s why…” Lisa shyly beamed.

 

Jennie uttered no response, instead she pulled Lisa closer to her to plant her most passionate kiss she could give her so far for that night to which Lisa didn’t hesitate to return the same passion, deep and slow. Unlike any other stolen kisses they shared and short kisses they had exchanged, this one magical kiss on this one cold night is definitely going to history.

 

“I love you…” Jennie whispered in between their deep exchange of lips as she catches her breath from time to time.

 

“I love you, always and forever.” Lisa moaned as she hardly replied, not wanting to break their kisses that eventually became wild and rough at the moment she reached to turn off the movie that they were just watching.

 

Lisa’s smooth and gentle touches all over her curves, her skin that brushes against hers, those pair of luscious lips that own and dominating her, and the sound of her heavy breaths in the middle of the night, how Jennie loves every second of this as if every beat of her heart goes louder each time. Charmed by the romantic night, their exchange of heated kisses and moans soon turned into their first experience of making love that only them knows how deep and far they could go.

 

Of all the memories Jennie has with Lisa, it was that one particular night crept into her mind. Recalling every single touch of Lisa, the glide of her lips on her, Jennie shivered all over her body as if she can still feel it but not with a smile anymore and only a shed of tears fell which she managed to hide from Chaeyoung’s sharp eyes. And there’s nothing she can do but to keep moving forward under someone else’s care.

 

Later on this very same day, one late afternoon as the sunset glows into the sky, in her spacious room messed due to the wedding preparations, fitting a white wedding dress that was just delivered, is the soon-to-be-bride Lisa who is accompanied and being aided by one of her best friends. The wedding dress is a perfect fit, on its perfect size and on its perfect style of conservative white fitted dress. It’s too perfect for Lisa’s tall and slender figure that even emphasizes her long legs. It’s a dress that’s heavenly made exclusively for her.

 

“Wow~ look at you!” Her best friend in awe clapped her hands as she watches Lisa fitting the dress in front of her full-body mirror. “You’re so beautiful in a wedding dress! I didn’t expect you to look like a goddess like this!” She then squealed in excitement.

 

Lisa, however, frowns, staring at herself, “Hey Jisoo-unnie, isn’t it a bad omen to fit my wedding dress before the wedding itself? I think I heard it somewhere though and I think they delivered it too early.”

 

“That’s just some old superstitions. Don’t believe that! What if you didn’t fit it and you just found out on the day of your wedding? What will you do?” Jisoo, her best friend, said and held Lisa in front of the mirror to keep looking at herself.

 

Lisa kept her frown and as if uninterested, she simply agrees, “Maybe you’re right. I’m just overthinking…”

 

“Well, if Jennie is the designer then that wedding dress will surely fit even if you’ll just try it on your wedding day anyway.” Jisoo recklessly blurted out as she walked away from Lisa to fix the boxes scattere

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter