There for Each Other

OneShot: KkuChaen

IZ*ONE is back to Korea again after their Japan schedule. In a few days, they'll be on the plane again to return to Japan. It has been this kind of cycle since their debut. As tiring as it may seem, the girls never fail to show their best in everything they do. WIZ*ONEs always root for them and kept supporting their activities. Whether it's in Korea or Japan, IZ*ONE and WIZ*ONE are there for each other. Add up the love and support they receive from their fans all over the world, the girls always express their gratefulness to the fans.


Returning to their respective dorms, they each find a comfortable position to rest. Yuri went straight to bed. She said she'll just take a nap then take a shower after but she ended up into a deep sleep. Chaeyeon went to their room and took her phone. She called her mom. She also talked to her dad and her siblings Chaemin, Chaeri and Chaeso. Although it's only barking from Chaeri and Chaeso, it made Chaeyeon happy also. She tried calling Chaeryeong too but she doesn't pick up so she just messaged her. Hiichan just put down her things and climbed up to her bed. She got busy with her phone watching videos. Nako and Wonyoung sat on the sofa. Wonyoung is whining at Nako that she is hungry. The older can't help Wonyoung's cuteness so she looked for a snack to feed their giant baby. Sakura took the shower immediately after they arrived at their dorm. Normally, she would be the first one to sleep after a tiring schedule. But today is a little different, she her computer and prepared to play Fortnite. 


Chaeyeon stepped out of the room after freshning up. She saw Nako and Wonyoung still at the sofa talking to each other. She asked for Sakura and Yuri and the two said they are probably sleeping already. Chaeyeon checked on them. She is surprised to see Sakura in front of her computer.

 

"What are you doing?", Chaeyeon asked.

"I'll play for a bit", Sakura said.

"Aren't you tired?"

"I am. But I need to practice... It's Tokyo Game Show..."

 

Chaeyeon tapped Sakura's head. She also peeked at sleeping Yuri. After checking them, Chaeyeon headed out. She went back to her room. Hiichan is now asleep. She was also going to rest but she remembered Sakura who's playing in the other room. 

 

She went to the kitchen and prepared a cup of hot chocolate for Sakura. On her way to Sakura's room, she saw Wonyoung and Nako lying down on the sofa. She slowly opened the door to avoid disturbing the girl playing and the one sleeping. She walked towards Sakura and put the cup of hot chocolate on the side table. Sakura smiled at Chaeyeon and mouthed 'Thank you!' as she kept playing. Chaeyeon stayed for a bit before leaving Sakura with her game. Chaeyeon woke up Wonyoung and Nako who already fell asleep on the sofa. She told them to go to their room. They slowly got up and said goodnight to Chaeyeon. When they entered their room, they were surprised to see their unnie still awake and playing games despite their tiring schedule. No surprise at Yuri being knocked down. Both of them told Sakura to sleep already but Sakura said she needed to practice so she'll play a little longer. Wonyoung and Nako finally lied down on their beds.


After more than an hour, Sakura decided to take a break. She quietly stepped out of the room and went to the washroom. She got a bottle of water and about to return to their room when she heard the sound of a door opening. She waited to see who it was. She smiled when she saw Chaeyeon.


"You're done?", Chaeyeon asked.

Sakura shook her head. "Why are you still awake?", she asked.

"I am already sleeping. I suddenly woke up, I needed to go to the toilet."

"Stop lying."

Chaeyeon smirked. She's not sleeping. She can't sleep knowing that Sakura is still awake playing games. 'She's working hard', she thought.

"Thank you for the hot chocolate", Sakura said.

"You want more?"

"No. It's okay."

"How long will you still play?"

"Hmmm... an hour maybe..."

"Fighting!"

Sakura laughed. Chaeyeon also laughed at what she said. Sakura told Chaeyeon to sleep already and not wait for her. Chaeyeon came closer to Sakura and hugged her.

"Go finish your game", Chaeyeon said.

Sakura went back to her room. Chaeyeon watched her go in.

 

It's a privilege for Sakura to be invited to play at Tokyo Game Show. She knew her skills are not that great but she wanted to give her best for the said event. Because of tight schedule, Sakura seldom get the chance to play for long hours. She grabs the opportunity to play when there's time despite the tiredness.
 

After an hour, Sakura turned off her computer. She stretched for a bit and cleaned her table. She is getting ready to sleep when she heard the knob clicked. She saw Chaeyeon peeking in. Sakura smiled. Chaeyeon decided to step back and Sakura went out of the room. 


"I told you to sleep already", Sakura scolded.

"I'm going to sleep now", Chaeyeon said.

"You really waited for an hour?"

Chaeyeon nodded. Sakura leaned forward to kiss Chaeyeon's cheek. 

"Thank you!", Sakura said. 

"No problem. I wanted to be here for you."

"Let's sleep now", Sakura said after kissing Chaeyeon's cheek again.

"Goodnight, Saku-chan!"

Sakura held Chaeyeon's hand and walked her to her room.

"Goodnight, Jjaeyeon!", Sakura leaned forward and kissed Chaeyeon's lips. 

"Go in."

Sakura went back to her room after seeing Chaeyeon closed the door.

 

-------------------

 

IZ*ONE is on their way to Japan for their live guestings, Music Station and Abema TV. They are going to perform their 3rd Japanese single Vampire for the first time at Music Station. For Abema TV, only the unnie line will participate due to curfew. The shows will happen one after the other. 


Wearing the same costumes they wore on the music video, IZ*ONE performed a short version Vampire. They also got the chance to talk again with the MCs. After their guesting on Music Station, IZ*ONE unnie line will go live again for Abema TV. They filmed IZ*ONE while they are on the way to the studio. 


Inside the van, they also held an interview. They talked about their posts on instagram among other stuff. Sakura translated for her members on some parts. At one point, Chaeyeon got emotional as she mentioned what happened to her at their performance earlier at Music Station. Apparently, Chaeyeon's mic fell off in the middle of the performance. She started to cry, she covered her face and eventually hid behind from the camera. The other members comforted her. Sakura who happened to sit in front of Chaeyeon gave a concerned look. She wanted to comfort Chaeyeon so she tried reaching out her hand. But it didn't reached Chaeyeon.


Part of IZ*ONEs Abema TV guesting is talking about their Private Mail. Each of the members shared a post from their respective private mails. Sakura took the role of translating for the members again. She has really come a long way. A year ago, she can't even speak Korean but now she translates for her members on live TV. 


The show was fun and the unnie line enjoyed it. They ended the show by taking pictures that they'll post later on their private mail. Sakura is surprised her own phone is the one they used. They took a selfie with all the members. Sakura took solo shots of the members and even the MC. When she's done, Chaeyeon tapped her arm and gestured she'll take a picture of her. Even in small actions, Sakura and Chaeyeon always show that they are there for each other.


Sakura sat beside Chaeyeon on their van as they head now to their hotel. Chaeyeon leaned on the window and closed her eyes. Sakura just looked at Chaeyeon. Sakura reached for Chaeyeon's hand and intertwined their fingers making the the younger open her eyes. Chaeyeon buried her face on Sakura's neck. 

"Don't be so hard on yourself", Sakura uttered.

There was no response. Sakura gently touched Chaeyeon's face. She noticed Chaeyeon is crying again. Sakura just kept whispering, 'Don't cry' as she caressed Chaeyeon's head. 


Chaeyeon felt bad about what happened to her on their performance at Music Station. The pressure of being the group's main dancer got into her. Though the said mistake is not really her fault, she took it upon herself. In the performance itself, what happened is unnoticeable unless pointed out. The slowmo videos even showed how Chaeyeon handled the accident professionally. 


Chaeyeon lifted her head to wipe her tears. Sakura handed her some tissue. When Chaeyeon calmed down, she leaned on Sakura's shoulder again. 

"Thank you...", Chaeyeon whispered.

"I'm always here for you", Sakura responded.


When they reached their hotel, they hugged each other tight before heading to their respective hotel rooms. They are not roommates.

 

----------------------

 

It's the day of Sakura's participation at Tokyo Game Show. She's so nervous. As she was preparing in her room, she heard a knock from the door. Nako was in the washroom so Sakura opened the door. Chaeyeon rushed inside. 

 

"What are you doing here?", Sakura asked.

"I want to wish you good luck before you leave", Chaeyeon answered.

"I need that."

"Good luck, Saku-chan!", Chaeyeon hugged her.

"Where's Nako?", Chaeyeon asked.

 

Sakura pointed the washroom. Chaeyeon pressed her lips to Sakura. Chaeyeon tilted her head to deepen the kiss, Sakura followed her lead. As they break their kiss, Sakura whispered to Chaeyeon, 'You should go. Thank you for wishing me luck." Chaeyeon blurted a short laugh then run towards the door and left.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


-END-