When I'm With You

OneShot: KkuChaen

IZ*ONE just finished their Eyes On Me Concert Tour, currently promoting their 3rd Japanese single, Vampire and gearing for a Korean comeback. Now, they're on their way to Thailand for KCON. 


Sakura and Chaeyeon were seatmates on the plane. Once they've settled, Sakura put out her Nintendo switch. Chaeyeon glanced at her. After the plane took off, Chaeyeon tapped Sakura's arm and invited her for a selfie. Sakura played games throughout the flight. Chaeyeon has gotten used to Sakura's love for games. She feels happy seeing Sakura enjoy doing the thing she loves.


The two happened to be hotel roommates as well. A rare occasion. They arranged their belongings and sat on their beds. Chaeyeon was reminded of the last time they are hotel roommates, it was no fun. Sakura slept early. This time, Chaeyeon thought, Sakura would play games all night. They are in the same room, just the two of them but they are busy with their own phones. 


"Saku-chan, you like to eat?", Chaeyeon asked.


Sakura looked at Chaeyeon and nodded. Chaeyeon smiled at her. While choosing what they'll eat, Sakura transferred and sat beside Chaeyeon. After they ordered, Chaeyeon peeked at what Sakura is playing. Sakura is so focused until she glanced at Chaeyeon who's watching her. They smiled at each other. 


"It's just the second time we're hotel roommates for our overseas schedule", Chaeyeon said.


Sakura stopped playing and looked at Chaeyeon's direction. Chaeyeon asked why Sakura suddenly stopped playing. 


"What do you want to do?", Sakura asked.

"Nothing. I can just watch you play games", Chaeyeon answered.

"Let's watch a movie", Sakura suggested.

"It's okay, just continue playing. We can't stay up late. We have a rehearsal tomorrow", Chaeyeon responded.


When their food arrived, the two ate together, occasionally feeding each other. Sakura went back to her game and Chaeyeon watched her. Chaeyeon leaned closer and placed her chin on Sakura's shoulder as she watched her bestfriend happily playing. After quite a while, Sakura turned a bit and saw Chaeyeon blinking her eyes, she smirked and finally stopped playing. Chaeyeon suddenly moved and asked Sakura what happened.


"You are falling asleep already. It's bedtime", Sakura said. 

"I'll sleep now. Are you still going to play?", Chaeyeon asked.

"No. Let's sleep together."

 

Chaeyeon glared at Sakura. 

 

"That's not what I meant", Sakura said.

"I'm not saying anything", Chaeyeon responded.

"What's with that look?"

"Nothing."


Chaeyeon smiled as she arranged her bed and got ready to sleep. Sakura stepped out from the shower and prepared to go to bed as well. 


"Jjaeyeon, I'll stay at the right side", Sakura said.


Chaeyeon was surprised. There are two beds in their room so she assumed that it's what Sakura meant. Chaeyeon set the alarm on her phone and was about to lie down when Sakura came and sat on her bed. Chaeyeon gave a confused look. 


"Why? I said I'll sleep on this side", Sakura said.

"I thought you meant..."

"Let's sleep now, Jjaeyeon."


Sakura lied down comfortably. She glanced at Chaeyeon who is still sitting. She pulled her arm to make her lie down. They ended up laughing. Sakura took her phone and opened her Twitter, she browsed for a bit. She came across a video of Chaeyeon's fans gathered together and saying they love her. Sakura turned to face Chaeyeon and showed her the video. Chaeyeon was moved upon seeing it. She leaned closer to Sakura and the two called it a day.

 

----------------------

 

It's D-day of KCON Thailand. IZ*ONE has artist engagement before performing on stage. 


The alarm sound rang in Chaeyeon and Sakura's room. The two being in sync, opened their eyes and smiled as the woke up facing each other. Sakura said she'll shower first. After about 30 minutes, Sakura heard the bathroom door opening. She finished showering but she's still inside preparing. Chaeyeon came in. Sakura just looked at her.


"I'm going to use the bathtub", Chaeyeon said.


Sakura just smiled as Chaeyeon casually walked in. Living in one dorm since their debut got them used to these things. They don't even need to lock the bathroom door. As soon as Sakura is done, she stepped out. When Chaeyeon is done, the first thing she saw when she went out is Sakura playing again. 


It's almost their call time for their rehearsal. Chaeyeon approached Sakura who is still playing and covered Sakura's eyes with her hand. 

"That's enough, we need to go", Chaeyeon said.

Sakura gently hit Chaeyeon's hand.

"Yah! I'm going to lose...", Sakura whined.

Chaeyeon just laughed at her. She grabbed Sakura's arm to stop her from playing. Sakura pouted but eventually followed Chaeyeon.

"Good girl", Chaeyeon said as she tapped Sakura's head.

 

---------------------

 

At KCON's artist engagement, IZ*ONE happily took the challenges and talked a bit. Some fans also got the chance for hi-touch with the girls. They also took a selfie with the fans. It's also Yena's birthday on the day of KCON in Thailand. She was greeted by Thai WIZ*ONEs during the artist engagement. A cake was also brought on the stage as they sang the birthday song.


IZ*ONE finished their stage successfully. Due to curfew, it's only the unnie line who went back for the ending stage. IZ*ONE took part on all KCONs this year, Japan, New York, Los Angeles and finally in Thailand. They worked so hard on every stage and it's evident on their performances. They promised to always give their best in everything they do because they know that they have a time limit. 


As a tradition, IZ*ONE birthday Vlive pushes through wherever they may be. Unfortunately, it's only the unnie line again but the maknaes stayed behind the camera. One by one they said their message to their happy virus, Yena. After Sakura finished her greeting, she struggled a bit returning to her spot so Chaeyeon tried to help her. Chaeyeon positioned her arms on Sakura's back and behind her knees as if trying to carry her. Sakura clung her arm on Chaeyeon's shoulder. They just ended up lying down. They also prepared seaweed soup for the birthday girl. The girls shared it with one another. Chaeyeon held a cup as she's feeding her bestfriend. She even blew it first before giving some to Sakura. The two were also seen mimicking each other's action.


After the Vlive, the girls went to their respective rooms to finally rest. It's a tiring day, Sakura and Chaeyeon immediately got ready to sleep. Sakura lied down to her bed right away after freshning up. Chaeyeon followed soon after and lied down beside Sakura. They said goodnight to each other. 


"Jjaeyeon...", Sakura said softly.

"Hmmm..."

"It's a happy day, right?"


Chaeyeon whose eyes are already closed was forced to open them as she was surprised by what Sakura said.


"Yes, it's happy day. It's tiring but it's fun, as always."

"I'm happy everytime IZ*ONE is on stage together. When we're with the members, whatever we do, no matter how hard I always know we can do it."

"Yah! Stop it now. You're making me emotional."

"I'm happy to see WIZ*ONEs wherever we go. They are always there for us."

"Saku-chan..."

"Jjaeyeon, I'm happy when I'm with you. We understand each other so well. You know how thankful I am to you."


Chaeyeon rise up and sat on the bed. She quietly wiped her tears. She hit Sakura's shoulder and blamed her for making her cry. Sakura rise up as well. She caressed Chaeyeon's back.


"Sorry... I was just so happy today. But as we're about to sleep earlier, I was reminded that a time will come that this will end..."


Sakura wasn't able to continue what she was going to say as she started to tear up. Chaeyeon wrapped her arms around Sakura as they comfort each other's tears. After some time, they break their hug. When they looked at each other, they laughed. They also kept on hitting one another as they wipe their faces.


"Saku-chan, when I'm with you, I'm also happy. Let's keep making memories that will never end."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


-END-