Cat and Feather

OneShot: KkuChaen

Kkura goes to her favorite cafe'.

 

It has been a place of peace and quiet for her. A perfect venue to be alone and be able to write.


She has this usual spot at the corner. The dividers help a lot for privacy, so she's in her own world every time she's there.

 

5:30pm

As Kkura sat down, she noticed post-its on the right side of the divider. It's new. It's not there when she went last week. But she has no time for that, she needs to finish the story she's writing.

 

More than an hour has passed Kkura felt a bit tired so she decided to take a break. She began stretching her arms and legs.

 

The post-its caught her attention once again. She took a closer look this time.  As expected, a lot of love confessions, some even gave their numbers out.

 

Kkura kept on looking, she smirked a lot and sighed on some. But there is one that stood out, she even removed it from where it's posted.

 

"Sometimes, I just want to disappear..." - LCY

(There's a drawing of feather on it)

 

Kkura read silently.

 

She returned it after reading it and went back to what she's doing.
 

 

 

3 days later

 

She's almost done with the story she's writing so she's both motivated and pressured.

 

"You can do it, Kkura!" she keeps telling herself.

 

In the middle of writing, Kkura paused and peeked to the post-its.  She suddenly remembered the one she read last time. She tried looking for it.

 

She found it.

 

She read it silently again and read some new ones. To her surprise, she saw a familiar post-it. The feather drawing made her recognize it.

 

"How can I escape?" - LCY

 

Kkura looked at the two similar post-its. It made her curious to know who wrote it.
 

 

One week later

 

 

2:30pm

Someone came at the corner spot of Kkura's favorite cafe'. She settled down, took a post-it and immediately wrote something on it.

 

"I wish to find a way out..." - LCY

(She drew a feather)

 

She stayed for a bit and took a look at the post-its. She even saw the ones she's written on  before. After finishing her tea, she left.
 

 

5:00pm

Kkura happily came to the cafe'. Her story is done so she had time to unwind. She plugged in her airpods and got busy with her phone.

 

She suddenly remembered the post-its. There's quite a lot already. She wondered if they'd peel it off at some point to give space for new ones.

 

This time it's different, she is searching for a particular post-it. The one with the feather drawing, from LCY.

 

It took her quite some time to find it. After finding the two post-its from before, she tried looking if there is a new one.

 

Kkura removed her airpods and held a post-it.

 

"I wish to find a way out..." - LCY
She felt sad reading it.

 

She then took the three post-its and placed it on her table.

 

"It's the same person" she uttered.

 

Judging from the handwriting and the feather drawing, Kkura came to a conclusion that the three post-its were from a single person.

 

Kkura kept on thinking what to do about it. Part of her just wanted to return the post-its but she's bothered by what's written on them to just let it slide.

 

 

 

Next day

 

 

3:00pm

A girl walked in the cafe', ordered something and then occupied the corner spot.

 

Normally, she would just write on the post-it and leave when she finishes her drink.

 

Looking at the crowded post-its she struggled to find her previous ones. After a long search, she found one. The one with "How can I escape?"

 

But another post-it is attached to it. She gently removed it and read what's written.

 

"Why do you want to escape?" - SKR

(There's a drawing of a cat on it)

 

She smirked.

 

She held the post-it for quite some time trying to figure out what to do.

 

After her last sip, she put out her notebook and placed the post-it in between pages then she left.
 

 

5:25pm

Kkura came to the cafe' today just to check the post-it she attached. She hurriedly scanned the post-its, lots of them but she did not see it.

 

"So, someone came today and took it"

 

"Maybe it fell and someone picked it up and threw it"

 

"Who is this person?"

 

"Why am I so invested in this?"


Kkura pondered.

 

As she was about to leave the cafe', she saw a notice about the post-its.

 

It says that all the post-its will be removed when the cafe' closes today. But the customers can write and post again tomorrow.
 

 

 

8:00am

Kkura dropped by the cafe' before going to work. She grabbed a drink and visited the corner spot.

 

Nothing is posted yet. She sat down and took out something on her bag.

 

She was the first to post today.

 

"I wish to find a way out..." - LCY

(attached with)

"There is always a way out ☺" - SKR

(with her cat drawing)
 

 

Kkura still felt uncertainty on what she's doing. She doesn't even know if there is really someone behind these post-its, if it's serious. But she thought of giving it a try.

 

There's nothing wrong with showing a little concern to a stranger. Besides, everyone is fighting their own battles, she thought.

 

 

3:30pm

A girl entered the cafe', ordered a drink and looked for a vacant seat since the corner spot is occupied this time.

 

She took out her notebook and was about to write something when a piece of paper fell.

 

It's the post-it she took last time.

 

She then peeked at the corner to check if someone is still there. It's occupied still.

 

"Who attached this?" she thought

 

She gently returned it in her notebook.

 

After making some calls, updating her schedule and almost finishing her drink, the customer in the corner left. She immediately transferred to that spot.

 

To her surprise, the post-its were few. She was about to write a new one when she noticed something. Another post-it of hers with a post-it attached to it.

 

 

"I wish to find a way out..." - LCY

(attached with)

"There is always a way out ☺" - SKR

(with her cat drawing)

 

 

A little flustered but she managed to smile.

 

"What is happening?"

 

"Why is someone replying to my posts?"

 

"SKR..."

 

She took the post-its and placed it in her notebook then she left.

 

 

5:45pm

Kkura was really bothered so she returned to the cafe'. She had to wait because the corner spot is occupied.

 

While waiting, she took out the third post-it she got.

 

"Sometimes, I just want to disappear..." - LCY

(attached with)

"Your existence matters 😊" - SKR

(she drew a cat and a feather)
 

 

 

She rushed to the corner spot as soon as she saw no one was there already. She checked the post-its and did not find the one she posted this morning.

 

"So, there is really someone getting it" she thought.

 

"I hope you're not that sad anymore."

 

"Fighting!"

 

She attached the post-it and left.
 

 

 

2 days later

 

2:45pm

A girl was about to enter the cafe' when she noticed something posted on the door. It states that the cafe' will close at 5:00pm today.

 

After she ordered, she sat on the corner spot. She was happy it's available this time.

 

Wasting no time, she looked at the post-its. And yes, she found the one she wrote on with another post-it attached to it.

 

"Sometimes, I just want to disappear..." - LCY

(attached with)

"Your existence matters 😊" - SKR

(she drew a cat and a feather)

 

She smiled.

 

Brightly.

 

She haven't done it in a while.

 

 

She detached the post-it and put out the others from her notebook. Not really sure of what she is supposed to feel, she just stared at the post-its she placed on the table.

 

"Unbelievable"

 

"Who is this person? Is it a guy? A girl? Someone my age? Older? A student?"

 

"Why bother to respond?"

 

These thoughts came to her mind.

 

It is the longest time she stayed at the cafe'. She spent her time pondering on her post-its and the replies attached to it.

 

Usually, she doesn't stay long because she has a lot of things to accomplish.

 

She inherited her father's business. At her mid 20's she is about to become the next CEO.

 

The time she spends in the cafe' is the only time she can 'breathe'. Even just for a while she let's her emotions out. She writes it.


 

[You can have everything and still feel empty inside]


 

"We are about to close the cafe'" the staff approached her.

 

She checked the time, it's 10 minutes before 5:00pm. She arranged her things and wrote on the the post-it again before heading out.

 

She looked outside and saw it's raining. She doesn't have an umbrella but she still went out. She just stayed in front of the cafe' as she waited for the rain to stop.

 

Someone came running towards the cafe'.

 

 

 

It's Kkura.

 

She doesn't have an umbrella either. A little wet from the rain, she dried herself with her handkerchief.

 

After fixing her hair and being slightly dried up she pushed the cafe' door.

 

"It's closed."


Someone spoke beside her pointing to the notice posted on the door.

 

Kkura let out a big sigh.

 

"I didn't know" she whispered.

 

She bowed in disappointment.

 

She saw the notebook held by person beside her, the feather design in particular caught her attention.

 

It reminded her of the post-its she responded to.

 

Slowly lifting her head, she glanced and saw a girl beside her.

 

She gave an awkward smile.

 

"Is that her?"

 

"Should I ask her name?"
Kkura thought internally.

 

The girl beside her also noticed the cat logo on Kkura's shirt. It reminded her of the response on her post-its.

 

"Is she the one?"

 

"Should I ask her name?"
She thought.

 

She glanced at Kkura but immediately looked away.

 

The rain kept on pouring. They just stood beside each other while waiting for the rain to stop.

 

 

"So, you come here often?" the girl asked.

 

A little bit startled, Kkura answered.

 

"Yes, it's actually my favorite cafe'."

 

"Ah... I do come here often too."

 

"Hmm... It's nice here. Quiet and peaceful."

 

"Yeah. That's true."

 

 

The girl stretch out her hand to check if it's still raining. Fortunately, the rain already stopped.

 

The girl was about to leave but Kkura's curiosity got the best of her.

 

"Wait. What's your name?" she asked.

 

"Chaeyeon. Lee Chaeyeon."

 

Kkura paused for a bit.

 

Lee Chaeyeon

 

Lee

Chae

Yeon

 

LCY

 

Kkura is shocked.

 

 

"How about you, what's your name?"
Chaeyeon asked.

 

"Kkura. Sakura."

 

Sakura

 

Sa

Ku

Ra

 

SKR

 

Chaeyeon didn't managed to say anything.

 

 

They stared at each other. No words or anything. Just silence.

 


 

They exchanged smiles.
 

 

 

 

"It's nice meeting you."

 

They told to each other as they went on opposite directions leaving the cafe'.


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

P.S.

This is what Chaeyeon wrote on the post-it as the cafe' was about to close.

 

"SKR,

Thank you for taking time to respond to my posts. It meant a lot. I didn't expect to receive such words from someone I didn't know. You made me smile. ☺

- LCY"





 

 

 

 

 

 

-END-