Chapter 8

A Tale of Two Packs

Something about their resident vampire hunter had Youngjo spend a lot of time around him. Most of the time Hwanhee didn't mind, seeing that the oldest in the werewolf side of the pack just wanted company. An uneasy companionship formed between the two of them, and the others were quick to notice as they spent more time around each other. Whenever anything involved Hwanhee happened though, Jinwook immediately got involved, needing the calming presence of his roommate and Hwanhee welcomed it, eventually causing Youngjo to welcome it also.

"It's not that easy is it?" Asked Hwanhee as he chuckled slightly, watching Youngjo and Jinwook play a game of Uno with Wooseok and Jinhyuk. "No, not really," Youngjo said absentmindedly as he put down a card. "Blue by the way," he added when he noticed he had to pick a color. "Damn it," said Wooseok as he looked through the cards in his hand before placing one down. "Heheh, screw you," said Jinwook as he threw down a pick four, causing Jinhyuk to whine in protest. "Come on, really?" Shouted Jinhyuk as he drew four cards. "Red by the way," said Jinwook. "God damn screw you," said Jinhyuk as he threw down a red, yellow and blue skip card before placing down another blue card. Youngjo chuckled slightly as he placed down a card. "Uno," he said, causing Jinhyuk to sigh loudly as he got up and went into another room to calm down.

"This game destroys friendships," remarked Youngjo. "What friendships?" Wooseok asked with a snicker. "You think that's bad try playing Monopoly with him," Jinwook said, laughing some as he went to clean up the game. "Another?" He asked. "Nah, I'm good," Youngjo said, standing and stretching. "I'm going to turn in early tonight," said Wooseok. "And make sure Jinhyuk didn't destroy anything," he added before getting up and heading into his and Jinhyuk's room.

"I'm going for a run then," said Youngjo. "If Hwanwoong is already out there I'll join him," he added. "Last I checked he was in his room with Xion," said Hwanhee. "He probably wants to try and sleep tonight," said Jinwook. "Probably," said Youngjo. "I'll see you two tomorrow then," he said, heading out the back door.

After stashing his clothes in the deck box outside Youngjo changed, heading out and running straight for the forest after his paws hit the grass. It seemed he would be alone for a bit tonight, as he let his mind wonder while he ran down the familiar path that the rest of his pack seemed to take.

It was a few hours before someone joined him, and Youngjo recognized Gunhak's wolf form running along side him as he continued running. They ran in comfortable silence for awhile, the both of them coming to a stop by a clearing with a pond in the middle of it. Youngjo noticed how tense Gunhak was tonight, and wondered what was wrong as he looked around. Gunhak turned to Youngjo, nodding his head in a command to head home. Youngjo bowed his head before turning and running back to the house. He didn't miss the fact that Gunhak didn't follow after him, and figured Gunhak wanted to be alone.

There was no one on the deck when Youngjo returned to the house, quickly changing back and grabbing his clothes and putting them on. Everyone wanted to sleep tonight it seemed, or in Xion's case, lie awake for the rest of the night. No matter, he headed inside and went to take a quick shower before hopping into bed, passing out immediately.

 

~



When Gunhak didn't return in the morning that raised alarms for everyone, with Xion yelling that no one was outside on the deck like there usually was. Youngjo quickly went downstairs, looking panicked as he remembered where he left Gunhak last night. "Did he seriously leave himself out there?" He asked. "Where did you see him last?" Asked Wooseok as he brought up a map of the area on the computer. "Here," said Youngjo as he pointed. "There was a clearing here I think, and a pond in the middle," he said.

"Oh, I know where that is," said Gyujin as he walked over to see. "Can you find him?" Asked Youngjo as he looked at Gyujin. "Mm, probably," said Gyujin. "I just follow the stench of pine forest right?" He asked, looking at Youngjo then at Hwanwoong and Xion. "Yeah, the path's clearly marked," said Hwanwoong as he nodded. "Kuhn?" Asked Gyujin as he turned to Kuhn. "I'll go with you," said Kuhn as he nodded.

"Wait, I'll go too," said Youngjo. "So he doesn't get alarmed by you two showing up," he added. "Lead the way then," said Gyujin. "I'll go too," Wooseok said suddenly, causing everyone to turn to him. "There's been rumors from the humans about wolves in the area," he added. "I don't want them to be true in case another pack makes their presence known but," he said, nodding. "Let's go then," said Youngjo as he went to put his shoes on. Gyujin, Kuhn and Wooseok did the same, and they followed Youngjo out the back door and down the familiar path that the werewolves took.

Two new faces were sitting with a sleeping Gunhak, causing Youngjo to freeze in their presence. "Oh, it's you two," said Wooseok. "We were planning on stopping by the house but we found him sleeping," said one of the new people. "Ever so helpful Byungchan," Wooseok said with a shake of his head. Byungchan grinned before moving to shake the sleeping wolf awake. "Time to get up," he said, jumping out of the way when Gunhak snapped at him. "Yeesh," he said. "Gunhak, it's okay," said Wooseok. "They're friends," he said. When Gunhak recognized the familiar faces of his pack he immediately went to Youngjo who pet him on the head.

"Coming back to the house with us Byungchan, Seungwoo?" Asked Wooseok. "Sure," said Byungchan. Seungwoo nodded and Gyujin led the way back to the house with the others following after him.

"How do you know them?" Asked Youngjo. "These two are the werewolves that helped Jinhyuk and I out of Germany," said Wooseok. "Ah," said Youngjo. "Cocky werewolves aren't they?" Gyujin asked under his breath, earning a slap over the head from Kuhn. "Behave," said Kuhn. "Ow," whined Gyujin as he rubbed the back of his head.

Xion and Hwanwoong were in near hysterics when they returned with Gunhak, and Gunhak promised not to do it again while Xion thanked Byungchan and Seungwoo for at least keeping him company. "It's no problem really," said Byungchan as he scratched the back of his head.