Chapter 5

A Tale of Two Packs

Sleep was a wonderful thing, something that Xion was unable to get some nights. It wasn't like he was plagued with nightmares like the others, no it was the opposite. Insomnia was something that plagued his nights, and most of the time he was awake when Wooseok had gotten up and headed onto the back deck, his and Hwanwoong's room just across the hall from Wooseok and Jinhyuk's room.

Tonight was like no other, as he laid awake after getting probably an hour of sleep. Hwanwoong was sleeping across the room from him, curled up in his bed under the covers. Xion stared up at the dark ceiling, wondering if he should be the one to head out tonight. There was no indication from Wooseok or Jinhyuk that they headed out, and it was raining so he figured that there was a silent command to stay in tonight. He decided to turn over and try to sleep, burying his face into the pillow.

 

~



Xion woke suddenly, sitting up as he did so. He reached for his phone and checked the time, noticing how late in the morning was. "I slept in it seems," he said, yawning as he stretched, moving to get up. He made his bed before heading out of the room and into the livingroom where his pack were sitting and watching a movie.

"Where's the 'shifters?" Asked Xion. "Jinwook went to spar with Kuhn," said Gunhak. "It stopped raining a bit ago so they took the chance to try and alleviate the anger," he said. "The others are doing whatever they're doing, I dunno," he said. "There's breakfast in the kitchen," he said. Xion nodded and headed into the kitchen to get breakfast before coming back and sitting down beside Hwanwoong.

"Did you get any sleep last night?" Asked Hwanwoong. "Some," said Xion. "I managed to get enough to sleep in it seems," he added. "That's good," said Gunhak. "What are we watching anyway?" Asked Xion. "Some random movie that was playing," said Gunhak as he turned his attention to the tv. "I see," said Xion.

Wooseok and Jinhyuk entered the livingroom after a couple hours, spotting the werewolves still sitting around the TV. "Anything interesting going on?" Asked Wooseok. "Not really," said Gunhak. "Kuhn and Jinwook are still out I think," he said. "Ah," said Wooseok. "I'll go check on them then," he said, going to put on his shoes before heading out the back door.

"I might join you tonight," Xion said suddenly as he looked at Jinhyuk. Jinhyuk blinked. "Can't sleep either?" He asked. "I have insomnia so," mumbled Xion. "I can probably get like 1-2 hours of sleep," he said. "Apparently I was tired enough to finally sleep for more than that today but," he said, shrugging. "We talk about some serious topics, so if you're okay with that..." Said Jinhyuk. "It's okay, I'll probably join you when Wooseok gets up or something," said Xion. Jinhyuk nodded. "Okay," he said.

Wooseok walked in with Jinwook and Kuhn following behind him, Sunyoul and Xiao a few feet behind them. "Everyone was out today?" Asked Jinhyuk. "Kogyeol went to get Gyujin from the airport, and Changhyun went to get food," said Wooseok. "Ah," said Jinhyuk.

"I was there to make sure it didn't get too out of hand," said Xiao. "And I made sure they were healing," said Sunyoul as he shrugged. "Man, you really tore into me again," said Kuhn as he turned to Jinwook. "Sorry," said Jinwook. "I guess I needed it," he said, scratching the back of his head. "I keep telling you, I'm fine with being your sparring partner," said Wooseok. "Not after you got those scars man," said Jinwook as he scratched the back of his head. "It's fine, really," said Wooseok.

"Come and watch the movie then," said Gunhak. "Meh, why not," said Wooseok as he went to sit down in the recliner. Everyone else scattered around the livingroom, and Xiao went to sit with Xion, something everyone took notice of but said nothing. There clearly wasn't anything going on between them both, but since they both were the youngest, it was more of a companionship kind of thing.

 

~



When Gyujin got back with Kogyeol and Changhyun everyone was eating dinner, having had pizza delivered to the house. "I said I was getting food," said Changhyun as he sighed. "Put it in the fridge, probably going to eat when we have our late night talks again," said Jinhyuk.

"How much sleep do you get Jinhyuk?" Asked Kogyeol. "Enough sleep," said Jinhyuk. "It was raining the passed couple nights so I got enough sleep," he said. "Leave it," said Wooseok. "I wake up to see him still sleeping most nights," he said. "So you're out there alone?" Asked Gyujin as he furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "No, I'm out there," said Hwanwoong as he shrugged. "It's become routine now," he said, shrugging again. "Sleep until I wake up, then go sit outside til morning," he said. Changhyun brushed it off with a shrug, going to put the bags of take out in the fridge. Gyujin went to unpack while Kogyeol went to sit in the loveseat, laying down with his feet hanging off one end.

 

~



It was a clear night, and Xion was awake once again as he listened to the sounds in the house. Their movie marathon ended after dinner and he was left to his own devices after Xiao had dragged Gyujin off to their shared room. He soon heard footsteps and the door across the hall opening and closing before more footsteps headed down the hall and outside. He to his side to spot an empty bed, and figured that Hwanwoong had gone running again.

After what seemed like eternity Xion heard Wooseok moving around in the room across the hall as he left his room and Xion took the chance to get up and head out too, nodding to Wooseok as he went to get his shoes.

"Hey Wooseok, welcome Xion," said Jinhyuk as he spotted them as Xion then Wooseok came outside with Wooseok closing the door. "How late is it?" Asked Hwanwoong. "Just before 4 am," said Xion as he watched Wooseok walk over to his chair and sit down. He then went to take a seat beside Hwanwoong, curling up in his chair as he hugged his knees, mimicking Wooseok in a way as he did the same.

"If you want you can sleep, we don't usually talk about much anyway," said Hwanwoong as he put a comforting hand on Xion's knee. Xion nodded absentmindedly, already zoning out. The conversation continued it seemed, but Xion was in a trance like state now as he zoned them out, falling asleep not long afterwards as his exhausted mind finally gave in and let him sleep.