Chapter Two

Roll the Dice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dahyun sat on her bed, confusion and nervousness written all over her face.

 

She looked left.

 

X: ————— < —————

 

She looked right.

 

X: ————— > ————— ;

 

“Can you actually see me?! What the hell kind of magic is this?!” She exclaimed.

 

X: That answer my good Dahyun is in the Dice -3- pretty much I can everything where the Dice is. Welllll more like detect but you get the gist of it uwu

 

Dahyun raised an eyebrow as she stared at the red dice on her desk. “Really now? What are you, God or something? Because if you are I refused to believe that as a Christian.”

 

X: ohhhhh we have a religious one on our hands now (¬‿¬) Alright if you need some convincing, I’ll prove it right now. On your shelf, third row, read the 14th line on page 351 of Science Encyclopedia. Heheh I bet you haven’t touched that book in a long time.

 

Dahyun listen to what X said and grabbed the book from the shelf and flipped through the pages. When she reached the desired page, her eyes widen, “Einstein?” She counted till she hit the 14th line and she read it aloud, “God never plays dice…?” She looked at the dice again and the down at her phone. “So you are like God.”

 

X: Nooooo~ I’m not God. I’m more like a Game Master. You know helping Dicers play this game. So stop calling me God.

 

Dahyun thought for a moment, “A Game Master? But this isn’t a video game or a board game. This is real life. How is that possible?”

 

X: yawn~ such a boring question. Don’t you have any other questions, maybe some that could be interesting?

 

“W-Well you could explain how I became a Dicer?”

 

X: Not the question I would be looking for but I guess it’s not entirely boring ッ. To put it simply, when you receive the die in that small package, it was blue right?

 

Dahyun nodded.

 

X: Blue dice means that it has been created but have not been awakened or in other terms, taken by its owner. When you dropped your blue die, it means it got rolled and it turned red and you activated it. Since it’s your first one rolling a Dice, you became a Dicer just by that roll. Finally, when you decide to use the dots that you rolled, it will turn white and the dice will be synchronized turning the dice useless. Are you catching my drift now (︶ω︶)

 

Dahyun scratches her head, “I mean I guess that explains why I became a Dicer but it doesn’t explain how real life can be a game. It’s just not possible.”

 

X: oh but it is ignorant Dahyun uwu. If you think about it, life is like a game. You are your own character in this world. You do tasks and you get rewards in return. That’s the basic element of games and what makes them fun. And like a game, you too can change your “stats” simply by the power of Dice.

 

Dahyun widen her eyes at that statement, “I can change my ‘stats’. You mean I can change my physical being.”

 

X: of course! Theoretically, anything is possible. Looks, build, strength, intelligence etc. anything is possible. The catch is that in order to change whatever you want, you need Dice. As I said before, you get dots based on what you land on. In other words you are limited to the dots you have. Luckily, you can earn more Dice by doing quests and completing them. Quests are different every time and I distribute them via text message. Once completed you earn your Dice and remember the general rule: blue means it’s unused, red means it’s activated under your ownership, white means your Dice has been synchronized. Phew, now that I explain the basics, are you now gonna use that Dice you rolled ●‿●

 

Dahyun shivered. Damn that emote is creepy. She stared at her for a moment until she spoke up, “I-I’m not sure. I’m still processing all of this in head. I mean I get how it works but I’m still having a hard time trying to take it in.”

 

X: ahhh I see. Well when you change your mind, just say my name and I’ll come and talk to you again. Bye bye~ ヾ(@⌒▽⌒@)ノ

 

“W-Wait- ” but it was too late for Dahyun as X left and disappeared from her phone. Dahyun just sat there in her own room, still thinking about what just happened to her as it could be the biggest change in her life. She looked at the red Dice again and she picked it up. She examined it closely. “I can change…”

 

Before having a second thought, her door opened. She hurried to the front as she saw her mom drunkenly walking into the room. Dahyun helped her up, “Geez, mom you reek real bad of alcohol.”

 

Dahyun set her mom down on the couch and instant she fell asleep. She sighed as she pulled a blanket over her mom. “Guess it’s time for me to turn in as well.”

 

Dahyun laid on her bed, staring at the ceiling as it was hard for her to fall asleep. Her thoughts wander to what X said to her earlier. Anything is possible. “Hmmm anything is possible… change by the power of Dice…”


 

It was the next morning. Another day, another time of her getting the usual treatment from her bullies. After another trip to the cafeteria and getting her bullies the usual bread order, she walked down the halls tiredly after running a lot. Her worries were soon wash when she heard a familiar voice. “Unnie! Morning~”

 

Dahyun smiled at her, “Good morning Chaeyoung. What brings you here t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter