Chapter One

Roll the Dice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Would you take the chance to change your life? Would you take the opportunity to go from horrible to wonderful in an instance? Would you take the risk of doing what you want... even if heavy consequences will come?

 

Life is like playing a game of dice. You roll a high number, you get to move forward or get good perks. You roll a low number, you barely get to move or you get trash. Basically, in life, you must roll high to win at life. But life doesn’t work that way, you can’t control it with dice right?

 

Wrong…

 

As she grew up, Kim Dahyun believe she was born to live a miserable life. I was unlucky from the start. She thought as she shield herself from the many blows her bullies are giving her. This . Being their errand girl everyday. Is this how it’ll be for the rest of my life? Just delivering stuff at everyone’s mercy?

 

“Ya you idiot! How the hell did you get the wrong bread?” One of the bullies grabbed her by the collar, “Look at us while we’re talking to you! How many times do we have to burn that in your dumb head of yours? Are your glasses as thick as that skull of yours?” Dahyun faced her bullies with fear in her eyes. Her bully smirked, “Now there’s that expression we’ve been looking for.”

She threw Dahyun at the wall and kicked her in the stomach, making her cough and almost tossing her breakfast.

 

“Come on girls. I’m tired of this. Let’s take care of her during lunch” The bullies laughed as they left Dahyun, still on the ground and clutching her stomach.

 

Dahyun tried so hard to fight back the tears from rolling down her face. She doesn’t want to deal with the sting from the small cuts on her face. Slowly but surely, she held onto the wall as she got up from her position and making her to the nurse’s office. Why was I even born if life is this unfair to me?

 

Dahyun laid down on the bed in the nurse's office. The nurse is out for a little bit so Dahyun is just lying on the bed alone with her thoughts and the pain from the wounds. “Geez when is she coming back? I want to get the rubbing alcohol pain over with.” She decided to play some games while she waits for the nurse to come back. She took out her phone and Dahyun sighed as she saw a crack running through her phone. “Damnit, now I gotta save up for a new screen. .”

 

As Dahyun killed her boredom with her phone, she heard the door opening. She looked up and her eyes widened as she saw the only person that keeps her going in this miserable life of hers. “Oh! Dahyun-unnie!” The girl gasped as she saw the wounds and bruises all over Dahyun. She frantically walked over and examined her. “What happened to you?”

 

“U-uh I just… tripped! Yeah I’m a bit clumsy so next thing I know I fell on the sidewalk and walk into a pole all in one morning.” Dahyun laughed awkwardly as she scratched the back of her head.

 

The girl looked at Dahyun with worry in her eyes. “Well let me take care of you. The nurse has an emergency so she won’t be back for a while. Luckily I’m here assistant for this month so you’re in good hands.” She smiled at Dahyun and went to the cabinet to gather the necessary items.

 

Dahyun goofily smiled at the small girl trying to reach for stuff at the top shelf. Yes, this girl is Dahyun’s reason for putting up with bullies, for putting up with her bad grades, for putting up with anything horrible thrown in her way: Son Chaeyoung. She has known her since middle school. A year younger than Dahyun but she treats her with kindness and care. Her smile really does brighten Dahyun’s darkness every time she sees her.

 

If only you knew how much I love you… Dahyun sighs with defeat. “Gotcha!” Chaeyoung yelled triumphantly as she finally got everything she needed. She went to Dahyun side and then placed everything on the side table. “Sorry if it took a long time. Sometimes being this short is a cursed on my part.” Chaeyoung pouted.

 

“I know why you mean I’m hella short too. It’s a struggle. Besides being short isn’t all bad.” Dahyun blushes and scratches her cheek a bit, “S-shortness suits you since you’re cute.”

 

Chaeyoung smiles brightly at her, “You’re too sweet unnie. Now stop scratching or you’ll an infection.” She slightly smacks her hand away from her face. “Can you get you get up?”

 

Dahyun propped on her elbows and attempted to get up but failed miserably, wincing in pain. “, my back.”

 

Chaeyoung looked more worried. “Okay first, don’t swear unnie. Second, I’ll check your back after I’m done with your face.” After saying that, she went to work immediately. Dahyun tried her best efforts to hide her blush (and not to scream from the stinginess of the rubbing alcohol) as Chaeyoung got close to her face and cleaned her cuts.

 

At this rate, I’m going into cardiac arrest! Once Chaeyoung finished with Dahyun’s face, she went to put the stuff away while Dahyun can breathe for her life. She came back, “Alrighty unnie, time to show me your back. Can you try to flip over?” Slowly but surely Dahyun tried her best to flip onto her stomach, Chaeyoung would be there helping if Dahyun winced sharply due to the pain.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter