Roly Poly

Angel Meets Star

i walked in the same street that i went to yesterday, i thought of eating again at that cafe. when i went there, i found a sign at the door saying "Help Wanted". should i work here? should i give it a shot? i mean, it seems like a very pretty place. i walked quickly to the cashier just before i changed my mind and asked, " umm hello, are you still hiring? " the girl on the reception looked cute, she was very short with short dark brown hair. i checked her name tag and now i know she's called Boram. she smiled "yes, just a minute ill call the manager." she went into a room in the back and came back with a tall handsome man.

 

"Hello, my name is kim jong in, Boram here tells me youre interested in working here?" The guy said. " umm yes, but i never worked in a cafe before so i dont know anything" i said..."its ok, Boram and MinKi will help you after work, just come at 5pm today and they'll help you to the basics. and if they tell me your good enough we'll hire you" and as he said that, the guy who served me the other day, who is blonde, now holding a tray with an empty plate and cup on it, stopped walking towards the kitchen and looked at me with a blank face."im staying after work?"clearly talking to the manager, then sighed and continued walking toward the kitchen."Thats Minki, staff here calls him Ren, and they call me Kai." i looked at him and blinked. he laughed "its a long story"

 

i smiled,"ok umm, id like to eat here for breakfast right now." Boram grabbed a menu and smiled "ill be your waitress of the day " and she led me a chair beside the kitchen and gave me the menu."once your done just signal me from far and ill come" she said.."ok" i said and smiled. i looked at the menu again just to checkout the other stuff that they have, and found this oreo milkshake named "Roly Poly"i decided i want this. i waited until i got Boram's attention and then nodded. she came straight away and i ordered my drink. as she put it on my table she said "its one of our best, and the angel meets star cheesecake, have you tried it yet?" "yes i did, yesterday, it was really great" i smiled as i remembered the taste. i took a sip.Boram was looking at me, waiting for a comment or something "its good" i said. she smiled and bit her lip. "and youre going to learn how to do this since each waitress is responsible for the customers and the serving and the making of the food, its a rule here." i blinked.

 

it seemed like hardwork, maybe this was a bad idea. but still, its a fun experience. i smiled "ofcourse" she grinned "any other thing i could get for you?" i shook my head and she went to the door welcoming other customers.

 

i drank all of my "Roly Poly". it seems like it would be easy to memorize all the menu. since the names are so easy and unique. i saw Minki(or..lets just keep calling him Ren) walking towards me, "are you done" he said,looking at me waiting for an answer while having his hand around the glass, with no smile at all."y-yes" he took the glass and went inside the kitchen, putting it in the sink and wiping his hand on his apron and looked at the door as some people came in. he never smiles even while welcoming and saying thankyou. he'll scare customers away..i laughed..but still, he has this thing that attracts people, something so amazing in him. he actually suited the place. his looks are very pretty like a girl, he looks slightly like Jia from MissA.

 

i payed and went to the park to walk a little, i thought how great it is, that im finally going to settle down, even if it IS summer, and i should take a break from any kind of work. but i wanted to try new things, just this once. i looked at my watch and it was 3:50pm. woah time went fast here in the park, ofcourse, its such a nice place, especially this park, you feel really great, as if everything had stopped and there is nothing to worry about.i went shopping to pass the last hour before i should go back to the cafe. when i reached the cafe, it was 4:54pm and they had put a sign on the closed door saying "Closed", even the sign looked pretty. Ren was wiping the table when he saw me standing at the door, he nodded and i walked in. the manager -Kai- was walking out of the room at the back, which i think was actually his office. "You came" he said, smiling."i was just about to go, Boram and Ren are going to help you." i scanned the cafe searching for Boram."Where is she?"i asked. "Right here" i heard her saying behind me. i jumped, clearly surprised. she laughed." i was out for a bit. anyways, Ren have you finished?" he nodded."Ok so i'll be off"Kai said and went out. Boram breathed in deeply."Ok." she said as she exhaled loudly.

 

"First off, let me tell you the staff" i blinked, i thought only Kai, Ren, and Boram worked here."we're not the only ones working here" she said, as if she read my mind.Ren then said "There is also a baker and another waitress. The baker though, comes first thing in the morning at 6am, 2 hours before the cafe opens and gets all the food ready and leaves. the waitress is absent because she has an appointment at some doctor, you'll meet her tomorrow i guess" he shrugged."The waitress is called Sohyun and the baker is called Shindong." Boram said and laughed " you'll like shindong very much, he's really funny." She then took me to the kitchen and explained everything from scratch. Ren then taught me how to serve and helped me memorize the numbers of the tables, saying that this is an important point. soon enough i memorized all the numbers of the tables. after 2 hours or so, we all were really tired."Its feels just like when me and manager Kai taught Ren and Sohyun at the same time, they both were hired at the same time. i was the first 2 years ago, but after a year this place became so popular that we needed more than one waitress . and this year the cafe became even more popular" she laughed.

 

"Shindong though, was with Kai from the start" Ren said, handing me a menu. " you'll need to memorize EACH type of milkshakes, cakes, juices and so on. by tomorrow. at 5pm tomorrow we're going to test you. but for now, youre actually pretty good." he smiled. it was so weird since it was my first time seeing his smile. i smiled back. "ok." and i took the menu."ill see you all tomorrow." and i took off. ren and boram walking away in the other direction of the street. seems like they live in the same neighborhood. as i walk home, i realized that i havent thought of Daehyun the whole day. and i shouldnt either, though tears were flowing down my cheeks. i love him, so much.

 

i reached home and took out my key, the door was already unlocked though. i got in, "im home". i saw my mom sitting in the living room, smiling and clearly seemed  that she was waiting for me. i poked my head in the living room. shock ran all over my face. my dad was sitting on the other couch, beside him was, my lifelong crush, Daehyun.

 

----------

okaayyy, so right after i updated chapter 3, i started writing chapter 4 , i continued it this morning and here it is!! so...i know this chapter is kinda shooort but hope you like it ^^. i added a few more characters, WHICH YOU MIGHT KNOWWWWWW .. exo, t-ara, superjunior, 4minute and NU'EST !! sohyun and shindong you'll see them,hopefully , in the coming chapters ^^. read this chapter happily !! annyeong !! oh and please comment down below and tell me what you think about this chapter ^^, reading comments help me get even more determined to write more and more !

-----------

 

March,28,2012

12:40pm