Nine: Sparks Fly

Way Back Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


1 new message

 

Kang Hyewon:
Hi Eun, you haven’t forgot something today, right?


Kwon Eunbi: 
Today? Nothing, I guess?


Kang Hyewon:
Eyyy, the way you put that question mark, I am a hundred percent sure that you really forgot it. 


Kwon Eunbi: 
Oh, hi hundred percent! Hahaha.


Kang Hyewon:
Huh?
Ohhhhhhh…
Did you just joke? 
Eyyy, I am serious, why are you like that. :(
Eungggg~~~


Kwon Eunbi:
Hahahahahahahahaha
Hi serious. ;)


Kang Hyewon:
Eyyyyy ;<
Stop teasing me.
But…why am I hearing Chaeyeon’s voice in my head after reading your message?


Kwon Eunbi:
I am not teasing you.
Okay, just a little. :)


Kang Hyewon:
Eung~~~
Did you really forget? :(


Kwon Eunbi:
I didn’t. I’m just teasing you. I’ll see you later :)
‘Coz seems like you won’t drop by here at lunch.


Kang Hyewon:
Sorry, I need to finish tons of paper works on my table so I can go early later, or else Minjoo will nag me again for being stubborn. Don’t wanna end up like how she nags Yujin.
Speaking of them, I’ll go now. They are bickering again, need to stop them! 
See you later, Eun. :)

 

 

Eunbi chuckles after reading Hyewon’s last message to her. Shaking her head as a smile is plastered on her face. 
 

“How sweet.” 


She looked at Yena who is beside her, the younger’s eyes are trailed on her phone. Eunbi quickly put her phone away for Yena not to read their conversation.


“I have read everything, unnie.” Yena teased before poking Eunbi’s side.


She only rolled her eyes before slapping Yena’s hands away.


“So…you have a date later?” Yena grinned, her eyebrows are raising up and down.


“It’s not a date!” Eunbi defended, ears getting red from the sudden used of words, “It’s just a dinner.”

“It’s still a date, you know why?” Yena asked and Eunbi raised her brow. “Because it’s the two of you, alone, together…” Yena’s lips curves up in a teasing manner, it gets wider when Eunbi’s cheeks gets red from her words.


“Shut up!” Eunbi hissed and throws a rag on Yena’s face.


“It’s good to know that Hyewon has still this kind of effect to you.” Yena grinned after she catch the rag that her boss throws towards her.

 


 


“Joooooooo-yah~~~”


Minjoo stop typing and sighed after hearing that voice for the nth time. She looked up and finally give her attention to Hyewon who looks so trouble.


“Hyewon, why are you so nervous? It was just a dinner with Eunbi-unnie.” She sighed and fixed her specs while staring at her friend.


“Exactly! I have a dinner date with Eunbi! It’s Kwon Eunbi, for Pete’s sake!” Hyewon growled in frustration as she ruffles her hair.


Minjoo just gave her a blank stare before sighing at her behavior again.


“What should I do?” Hyewon asked, as if her problem is bigger than their company’s.


“Just be yourself.” Minjoo shrugged as she continues typing.


“Yaaaa, are you stupid?” Hyewon glared at her, “How can I? I will surely get nervous with her later!” she added, whining like a kid.


“Yaaa! Pull yourself together, gosh! Just do things that you used to do to her before. Like how you made her falls in love to you! be sincere and sweet, and be whipped to her.” Minjoo answered.


Hyewon stared at her, eyes reflect the ‘are you freaking serious’ expression. 


“I am serious. Just be yourself, the Kang Hyewon who is around Kwon Eunbi. She will love you no matter what, duh. You successfully get her yes before, it’s not impossible again. Just be the Kang Hyewon that she falls for hard.” Minjoo smiled and to be honest that soothed Hyewon.


“Aish, you’re giving me a headache.” Minjoo added but Hyewon just chuckle.

It somehow made her nerves calm down for a moment.

“Thank you, Joo-yah.” Hyewon smiled, Minjoo nodded her head at her.


Both of them turned their head when Yujin suddenly opened the door.


“How many times do I have to say that knock first before entering someone’s office, Ms. Ahn?” Minjoo clicked her tongue while looking strictly at her intern.


Hyewon caress her chin as she quietly watches the two, bet they will start to bicker again. It’s always been like this, whenever she saw the two together, it’s either they are arguing or bickering. 


“But you said earlier that I should barged inside your office when it’s emergency.” Yujin answered back.


“Emergency? What is it?” Minjoo asked, standing up. Even Hyewon who is relaxed earlier, she suddenly stands up out of panic.


 “You asked me to buy you a coffee, right?” Yujin said.


Minjoo nodded her head, suddenly Yujin started to fiddles with her fingers while looking anxiously.


“I don’t have any coffee…” Yujin muttered.


“I can see that, why? I gave you money so you can buy.” Minjoo sighed, massaging her temple as she can feel the addition of her headache.


“I did buy the coffee…” Yujin said.

“You weren’t holding anything…” Minjoo said obviously.

“Because….” Yujin trailed, her eyes not leaving the ground.

“Why?” Minjoo asked.

 

 

 

 

 

 


“I gave the coffee to the beggar….”

 

Minjoo stared at Yujin, blinking her eyes rapidly and checking if she heard it correct.


“I have a reason, before you get angry. I gave it to her because she said she is hungry, she hasn’t eaten anything today and she said―” Yujin didn’t finish her words when Minjoo cut her off.


“Forget it. I will just make my own coffee later. Just finish what I asked you to do.” Minjoo said, she sighed after Yujin excused herself. 


“Such a kind kid.” Hyewon muttered after watching the scene before she decided to go back to her office.


“They will make a good couple, if only Yujin isn’t an intern.” Hyewon said mindlessly but she walks back to Minjoo’s office when she forgot what’s her real purpose.


“Joo-yah, can I ask you a favor?” She asked and Minjoo nodded her head to her.


“Go ahead…”

 


….

 


“Mommy, just enjoy your dinner date with Mama, don’t think of me for a moment, okay?”


Eunbi looked at her daughter who is watching her as she fixes herself.


“That’s not possible baby, you are always in Mommy’s mind.” Eunbi chuckles and Wonyoung cracks a grin while looking at her. Her daughter then walks towards her and tackles her with a tight hug.


Wonyoung loosened the hug when she heard the doorbell rings, she quickly pushed her mother to the door. 


“Open the door~~” Wonyoung giggles and Eunbi only smiled at her.


 Eunbi then opened the door and instead of the person’s face, a bouquet of Chrysanthemum specifically a combination of red and white chrysanthemum. 


“W-What….. “ The word that she can only say.


Eunbi stared at the flower and her heart pounding so fast as her eyes are trailed on the bouquet.  It was the flower that Hyewon always used to give her before. Hyewon will always gave her that in a random time even if there’s no occasion, Hyewon will show up to her front while holding a bouquet of chrysanthemum with a wide smile on her face.


It somehow brings backs those feelings. The nostalgia.


Hyewon then slowly revealed her face, she smiled softly as her signature eye-smile shows up.


“For you…” 


“T-thank you…l-let me j-just put it on the vase…” Eunbi said and Hyewon nodded her head before looking at her daughter.


“Hi there, bunny.” Hyewon greeted as she carried Wonyoung in her arms.


“Mama, enjoy your date, hmm?” Wonyoung reminded as if she is older than her mother.


“I will enjoy our date…” Hyewon whispered to Wonyoung’s ear that made her daughter to cracked a wide grin.


“Why is Minjoo with you?” Eunbi asked after she saw Minjoo at Hyewon’s back who is talking to someone, or in Hyewon’s dictionary, bickering with Yujin.


“Oh, I asked her a favor to look for Wonyoung tonight until you come home. Yujin also volunteer to do it. But seems like Minjoo likes to be alone taking care of this bunny.” Hyewon chuckles, she called the two who walk towards her.


“Stop bickering for tonight, please.” Hyewon said to the two but Minjoo rolled her eyes as she carried Wonyoung in her arms. 


“Yeah, enjoy your dinner.” Minjoo said and went inside after Wonyoung kissed her parents a goodnight. 

Yujin only pouted before following them inside, leaving the two alone standing at the door.

 

“Let’s go?” Hyewon asked, she bites her lower lip as the nervousness gushed in her system the moment Eunbi put her eyes on her.


“Sure…” Eunbi said and they started to walk towards her car, quietly.


Hyewon was about to open the door for Eunbi but accidentally the two of them opened the door, making to Eunbi to touch the car’s door while Hyewon’s hand are on Eunbi.


“S-Sorry…” Hyewon’s eyes widened as she quickly retreats her hand due to panicked. 


Eunbi then stared at her, creasing her forehead as she decided to enter the car. 


“What was that?” Eunbi muttered as she stared at her hand, she breathed deeply when her chest thumps so loud and her ears gets red.


On the other hand, Hyewon is scolding herself for being so nervous and awkward.


“Kang Hyewon, get yourself together! You’re not like this! Just be yourself and be confident!” She said to herself, breathing deeply as she tried to get all of her composure.


“Let’s get it!” Hyewon said to herself, she looked back to Eunbi’s house and she smiled widely when she saw Wonyoung raising a banner while smiling at her.


‘Mama, don’t be a chicken! Be yourself and tame the commander!’ 


She grinned at her daughter, nodding her head before entering her car.


Hyewon then started the car, she then looked at Eunbi with a soft smile plastered on her face.


“By the way, you look stunning everyday Eun. But you are so extra magnificent tonight.” Hyewon smiled, staring lovingly at Eunbi.


The older then felt the sudden rushed of blood on her cheeks from the sudden compliment and the way Hyewon is staring at her isn’t helping. 


“T-Thanks.” Eunbi could only say.

 

 


“You don’t need to thank me. You are always beautiful in my eyes.” 

 


 

 
Hyewon smiled softly as she opened the door for Eunbi, the older thanked her before they made their way to the table that Hyewon made a reservation.


Eunbi roamed her eyes around the place, her eyes widening upon the familiarity of the whole place. She looked around and then to Hyewon who is giving her a soft smile.


“I thought you told me that this restaurant closed?” Eunbi asked after Hyewon pulled a chair for her.


“Nah. I just said that because I don’t want you to go here with someone else besides me.” Hyewon said, more stable and normal than the earlier.


And this time Eunbi got flustered by how direct Hyewon is. Unlike earlier, she looks so pale and nervous.


“What would you like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter