Eight: Getting Closer

Way Back Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


"One frappe and one cheesecake..." Eunbi said as the tapping of the keyboard and different voices inside the café can be heard. "We'll just serve your order on your table." She added, smiling softly to the customer before proceeding to the next one. 


"Seems like we don't have many customer for today..." Yena said who walked to the counter where Eunbi is now sitting while scrolling through her phone after she finished taking the orders and serving it by the help of Yena. 


"Seems like it." Eunbi replied shortly. She looked up at Yena who is looking at her sharply, the duck is clearly studying her behavior since then. 


"Why are you looking at me like that?" Eunbi asked, clearly not liking how Yena looked at her with those detective eyes. 


"I just noticed...since last week you are so...how can I describe it..." Yena stated while caressing her chin as if she is solving a problem. She grinned at Eunbi before leaning at the older girl and whispered her thoughts. 


"You are not uptight...I mean, it feels like you are emitting a better aura. I can see a different Eunbi these days..." Yena said making her to raised her brow confusedly. 


"Huh? I don't get what you are saying." Eunbi scoffed as she opens the lid of bottled water. 


"I don't know but I can feel a difference with you. Is it because of Hyewon?" 


Eunbi chokes on her drink after she heard that name. The moment she met eyes with Yena, the girl is already grinning at her. 


"Why did I even ask. Of course, it's because of her." Yena grinned teasingly causing Eunbi to coughed continuously.


Eunbi glared at Yena but the latter just chuckled at her. "You didn't even deny it. So, it's really Hyewon." Yena smirked and Eunbi can feel that her ears are getting red from the teasing she is getting by Yena. 


"Go back to work." She said but Yena stick her tongue out before responding, "There's no new customer..." 

 

"So....is Hyewon being bold and brave to you since last week?" Yena once again grinned but she quickly dodged when Eunbi throw a rag on her.


"I don't know what you are saying." Eunbi replied to her. 


"I guess she is. That's why she's been coming here during lunch time for almost a week now....good job Kang Hyewon..." Yena muttered but Eunbi heard it, she can only rolled her eyes to the girl. 

 

Eunbi can't bring to defend herself because every words that came out from Yena's mouth is so true.

It's been a week after they came from her home and it's also a week that Hyewon started to be brave and started visiting the café at lunch time, sometimes with Minjoo but mostly she is alone. If Eunbi can put it on words, she doesn't know what to use. But the good thing is, Hyewon isn't doing things that can make the both of them in misunderstanding, or so as what Eunbi thought?


She sighed when Yena is just staring at her with those playful eyes. Their staring contest cutted when her phone lights up and shows up a message, making Yena's smirk widen and Eunbi to get red but at the same time, she can't help but to bring up a smile on her lips. 

 

Hyewon:
Good afternoon Eun, I'll drop by at the café around 3 pm, I'm going with Minjoo and Yujin. But we'll go at the nearby fruit shop first. I'll get a papaya for Wonyoung, how about you? What do you want? :) 

 


"She is asking if what fruit do you want. If you two are still together I bet you will reply, 'anything babe, you know what I love and it's you.' like that." Yena teased causing Eunbi to get red before throwing the bottled water to Yena, but the latter catch it. 


"Shut up, Choi Yena! Once I see Yuri, I will tell her to break up with you." Eunbi hissed but Yena laughed at her. 


....

​​​​​​ 


Yena grinned when she glanced at Eunbi, she quickly tore her gaze away when the old girl looked at her way. She can sense that Eunbi is still staring at her, so she pretends to wipe the table like a good worker she is. 


Yena looked at the door when the bell chimes, signal that a new customer has arrived. She then looked at Eunbi who is also looking at the customer but Yena stopped on her tracks when she saw how Eunbi bit her lips and looked back at her phone while tapping her fingers on the counter. 


"Is she really waiting for Hye? If my guess is right. I can be a fortune teller." Yena muttered to herself. 

She quickly made her way to the counter the after Eunbi called her to serve the new order to the table. 
After couple of minutes, the bell chimes again and this time, Yena smiled upon seeing the familiar face. She looked at her boss and Eunbi is also smiling at Minjoo, but both of them frowned upon seeing the new face beside Minjoo. 


"Hi unnie!" Minjoo greeted before hugging Eunbi who also hugged her in return. 

"I'm Yujin, unnies." The taller girl beside Minjoo said. 


"Is she your girlfriend, Minjoo?" Eunbi and Yena asked at the same time, the two looked at Yujin when the girl laughs after hearing their question. 


"No unnies, I'm an intern at the company. And Minjoo is my sunbae. Dating between an employee and intern is strictly prohibited in the company." Yujin said but the two just eyes them, clearly but believing her statement. 


"Glad that you know about that rule." Minjoo said while scanning the menu. 


"Of course and unnies, I am straight as a ruler." Yujin stated making Eunbi and Yena to just stared at her. 


"Rulers are breakable and bendable." Yena said, grinning at her. 


"Yeah and Minjoo causes everyone to switch their lane into her." Eunbi added but her eyes are finding someone and Yena being a quick-witted girl, she noticed it. 


"Where's Hyewon?" Yena asked, she looked at Eunbi who is glaring at her but she ignored it. 


"Hyewon made us go first. I don't know, she got a call from someone. So she needs to go back, but she said she'll try to follow." While Minjoo is saying those words, Yena's eyes is trailed to Eunbi and she saw how her expression changes into disappointment after hearing it. 


'So, she is really waiting for her...gosh Hyewon! You better do things right this time!' 


...


"Unnie, you'll break your neck from time to time looking at the clock." Yena said but Eunbi rolled her eyes at her before drinking water. 


"Are you disappointed that she didn't come?" Yena asked, taking Eunbi aback from her sudden dropped of the question. 


"Why would I?" Eunbi scoffed. 


"Unnie, I know I am stupid with some things but you can't fool me right now. You keep on checking the time the to the door of the café and mayb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter