Five: Normal Force

Way Back Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hyewon smiles widely as the cold breeze greeted her after she gets out from her apartment where she is temporarily staying. She doesn't like to stay at their house, it doesn't feel good for her. 


She stretched her arms before looking at her phone to check the time, her forehead slowly creasing when she saw a text message from the person that she doesn't want to talk.


Ignoring the message as stared at her reflection on her car's door, she grinned widely while staring at the adorable shirt that Wonyoung gave her while a cap is on her head. 


Her brow raised when Minjoo called her, walking to the car while she answers the call. Wearing her wireless earpiece, "Hey, good morning! What's with the sudden call?" Hyewon greeted with full of energy as she started the engine of her car. 


"Just wanted to know, are you going to attend Wonyoung's?" Minjoo asked from the other line, she can conclude that the girl just woke up with her husky voice. 


"Yes, infact, I am on my way to fetch them to their house." Hyewon said, her eyes are darted on the road while a wide smile is plastered on her face. 


"Okay, that is nice to hear. Don't worry, I got you covered. Don't think about the company for today." Minjoo said from the other line. 


"Thank you, Minjoo. I owe you this one." Hyewon said humming as she taps her finger on the steering wheel. 


"Yes, this isn't free. You have to pay me." Minjoo scoffed making her to pout in response. 


"Okay, spill it. I will give it to you." Hyewon scoffed while rolling her eyes. 


"Just enjoy the day with your family. Spend your time with them without any disturbance. Be happy with them today." Minjoo said softly making her heart melt from the care that her friend gives her. 


"I'm really grateful that you are my friend. Thank you so much." Hyewon said softly as a wide grin is drawn on her lips. 


"I know, I am a keeper. Just enjoy, I'll prepare to work now, see you on Monday." Minjoo said at her, bidding goodbyes on the call before ending the call. 


Minutes of driving she stopped on a café to buy a coffee, not for herself but for Eunbi and a hot chocolate for her baby bunny, before proceeding to drive again heading to her wife's house, oh, ex-wife. 


Hyewon focused on driving for a whole minutes, she can't help but to feel excited and giddy from the thought that she will have this day with her family, happy is an understatement to describe what she feels right now. 


She is praying for this time, to have a day with them and she can't be grateful enough to the above for granting her prayer.


"I will make the most of it, for today." Hyewon said while smiling widely as she pulled over to Eunbi's house. 


Hyewon stared at her phone to check her face, after making sure that she is presentable enough. She quickly gets out of her car and walks to the door, knocking softly while tapping her fingers together.


She grinned automatically when she heard a squealed and quick footsteps approaching towards the door. As soon as the door opened, Hyewon's smile widened when she saw Wonyoung wearing the shirt she mentioned to her and especially when she saw Eunbi from behind, wearing the same with hers. 


Scooping her daughter inside her arms while smiling to the kid and to Eunbi, "Good morning, my angels." Hyewon uttered while staring at her ex-wife who only blinks her eyes while staring at her.


She only chuckles before shifting her attention to Wonyoung, giving a soft peck to her daughter's forehead. 


"Good morning, my bunny is too pretty today, huh?" Hyewon cooed to her daughter, Wonyoung only giggles when her mother tickles her.


"You are prettier, mama." Wonyoung said, grinning at her, making Hyewon to grinned at the kid but her gaze turns to Eunbi who is watching them all the time. 


She started walking towards her car, following Eunbi who is in their front while carrying some bags that contains lunch boxes and Wonyoung's necessities.


"But...mommy is the prettiest." Hyewon said while staring at Eunbi, making the older to stopped on her tracks and the younger smiled secretly from the reaction she received from the older. 


"Of course. That is why you fell inlove with Mommy." Wonyoung chuckles as she gets down from Hyewon's arms and run to the backseat door. 


"Yes. Though, I didn't fell inlove with your Mommy's face but I fell inlove with her soul. She is a dream come true." Hyewon said while staring at her ex-wife's face who froze on her spot. The sincerity from the younger's voice is evident but Eunbi shook it off as she waited for Hyewon to open the compartment of the car. 


Hyewon quietly gets all the bags that Eunbi is holding and placed it carefully inside the compartment. Biting her lips when the older is about to walk but then, Hyewon caught Eunbi's hand making the older to stopped and looked at her. 


"What are you trying to do?" Eunbi asked, her frowned is too deep. Hyewon cleared as she gathered all her strengths and confidence, she shouldn't be afraid at the older for this time, she needs to use her charms. 


"Eun, for today, can you forget your hatred towards me? Let's just enjoy this day." Hyewon said softly as she stared at the older's eyes that are staring at her.


"Why would I do that?" Eunbi scoffed.


"You should do it. For Wonyoung. Let's just be happy and enjoy this day, set aside your anger towards me. Just for our daughter, I want this day to be memorable for her." Hyewon said, giving a soft smile to the older while patting Eunbi's hands. 


The older suddenly lost her voice while looking at Hyewon, the younger just chuckled at her before pulling her to the car as the girl opened the door for her. 


Hyewon grinned widely when Eunbi seems not to complain, closing the passengers door before sitting at the driver's seat.


"I bought you a coffee, here." Hyewon said, pulling Eunbi's hand and placed the cup of coffee on her hand while eye smiling to the older.


"And for our bunny, I bought you a hot chocolate." Hyewon said and Wonyoung's eyes lit up from the drink she mentioned before giving it to her daughter.


"Thanks mama!" Wonyoung giggles, kissing Hyewon's cheeks before sitting comfortably to the back seat.


Hyewon only winked at her daughter as she started the engine, glancing at Eunbi and by then, she smiled at the older when her ex-wife is staring at her.


"Let's enjoy this day! Let's go!" Hyewon shouted excitedly as she started to drive, even Wonyoung shouted with her.


"Let's go!" Wonyoung cutely said, Eunbi only shakes her head from the two but she is smiling secretly just hiding it by drinking her coffee.

 

...

 

"Careful there bunny!" Hyewon shouted to her daughter who is full of energy while running to the venue of the event. Wonyoung gives her a wink before running to the place where she can see Nako with her parents. 


Hyewon could only smile when she saw how Sakura and Chaeyeon hugged Wonyoung. 


"Let me help you." Hyewon said to Eunbi who is beside her, carrying their bag while walking. 


"It's okay." Eunbi said timidly making Hyewon to purse her lips but she walked in front of the older girl, causing Eunbi to stopped walking and raised her brow at her.


"I will help you." Hyewon said smiling softly but her voice is full of firmness. 


"It's fine—"


Eunbi didn't get the chance to finish her words especially when Hyewon holds her hand and snatched the bags that she is holding. She's left standing on her spot after the younger succeeded on getting the bags from her. Eunbi could only stare at Hyewon's back, walking towards their daughter who is with Sakura and Chaeyeon. 


"Mommy! Come here!~" She snapped back from reality when she heard Wonyoung's tiny voice calling her. 


"Hi auntie!" Nako greeted her after she reached their place, she looked at the kid and ruffles her hair softly, "Hello there kiddo, excited for the event?" she asked and Nako only nodded her head continuously while jumping around with Wonyoung. 

 

She then looked at Hyewon who is busy placing their bags on the small tent where they are assigned for the day, but she froze on her spot when the younger turned around and met her eyes. 


Eunbi quickly tore her gaze away from Hyewon and by then, she met eyes with Chaeyeon who is having a teasing smile on her face.


"I'm still amaze how you can resist Hyewon's charms." Chaeyeon grinned at her and Sakura's eyes is also visible with playful expression, this couple really likes on teasing her. 


"What charms? It isn't effective on me." Eunbi said quickly. 


"But you fall inlove with her." Sakura said, wiggling her brow while poking her waist. 


"I was." She scoffed and slap the Japanese girl's hand away, the couple just rolled their eyes at the same time, not believing her words. 


"Yeah yeah, the event will start soon, let's go." Chaeyeon said in a bored tone and walks towards Nako who is busy rummaging inside their bag with Hyewon and Nako. 


Eunbi looked at Sakura and raised her brow when the short haired girl is grinning at her widely. 


"What?" She asked, frowning deeply. 


Sakura walks closely towards her and leaned on her ears as she whispers, "You still love her, I can feel that." the Japanese girl said before walking away from her to go to her family. 


"You just said the most nonsense words for today." Eunbi scoffed but Sakura just flails her hand on the air, causing her to roll her eyes before walking to her daughter who is with Hyewon. 

 

...

 

"Again I'm Minatozaki Sana, your master of the ceremony for today, thank you for joining us on celebrating this family day and so let's start!" The beauty said and all of the children cheered with her. 


"And this day wouldn't be complete without our games, so, let's go with our first game, Trip to Jerusalem! I know this is too out of style and I agree, it's just the head of this school is too lazy to think of good games. I even scolded her but well, so all the kids will join this game, the parents can watch them for a while, you'll play later." 


Just then most of the kids join the game and their parents are watching them, after operating the flow of the game, they are all set and ready to start. And well, Hyewon is smiling widely while looking at her daughter, Eunbi is beside her who is also smiling at Wonyoung. 


And we also have Sakura who is whispering some techniques for a good win to Nako while Chaeyeon could only shook her head because of her wife's competitiveness. 


Just that, the game started. 


"Wanna have a bet?" Hyewon looked at Sakura who whispered to her. 


"What?" She asked while looking at her friend beside her. 


"My daughter will win." Sakura stated. 


"My daughter will win." Hyewon said firmly. 


"Let's see then." Sakura grinned and Hyewon squinted her eyes before watching her daughter. 


And yeah, all of the parents are having a good time just by watching their kids playing, some are laughing on how the kids are too adorable while getting to sit on the chair first. 


The game went on, until it's only four of the kids remained, including Nako and Wonyoung. 


"Go bunny!" Hyewon shouted softly as she cheered with her hand when Wonyoung is dancing with the music. 


"Go baby!" Sakura also cheered for Nako, Hyewon rolled her eyes at her friend and cheered for her daughter again. 


"They are such a kid." Chaeyeon scoffed at the two. 


"They are. Well, as if we are not used with their bickering. It's a normal thing between them." Eunbi said softly after she witnessed Sakura and Hyewon's bantering to each other. 


"Right." Chaeyeon mumbled and proceeded to watched the game. 


"That's my daughter!" Hyewon exclaimed when Wonyoung seated on one of the chair after the music stopped. Her little bunny looked at her with so much happiness and well, Hyewon can't help but to find Eunbi's hand and pulled her beside her, making the older to be caught on guard with her sudden action. 


Hyewon shakes Eunbi's shoulder with so much excitement, "She did it! Go bunny! Mama and Mommy is watching you!" Hyewon shouted and watched Wonyoung as if she didn't do anything to Eunbi who is just recovering from what she did. 


Sakura grinned at Eunbi who is on the verge of spacing out, she looked at Hyewon but the girl is busy cheering for her daughter. She could only shake her head before looking at Nako who is laughing with Wonyoung when they are up for another round. 


"Okay for the thrill, the only left are these three cuties. For change, we'll place only one chair. Whoever seats there is the winner." Sana said and started to play the music. 


"Go baby!" The Japanese girl cheered before holding Chaeyeon's hand as the two of them watched their daughter. 


And by then, the music started and of course, Eunbi only shook her head when Sakura and Hyewon's voice are dominating on the area. Even Chaeyeon, the only choice she have is to sigh, the two is impossible to stop, they are both competitive for their daughter. 


"Go Nako!/Go Wonyoung!" 


The two cheered, they never tear their gaze away from their daughter especially when the music stopped. 


"Go bunny, we'll eat lots of French fries l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter