Six: Someone you Loved

Way Back Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyewon broke out from her trance when she felt a strong pat on her back, she glared at the culprit and Sakura only grinned at her before wiggling her brows. 


"Will you stop?" Hyewon asked, her eyes getting bigger because of annoyance. Sakura keeps on teasing her about the accident happened earlier, she even herself can't believe that would happen, after that Eunbi didn't spare glance at her nor talk to her. The older is busy taking care of their child while the two families are eating their lunch together. 


"Depends, I suddenly want to study statics and lecture you about the normal force, 'coz it seems like you forgot about it." Sakura grinned widely while poking Hyewon's waist, the Korean girl rolled her eyes, seems like the Japanese girl won't stop teasing her and what is more annoying is Chaeyeon also adding to the fuel. 


"I know about the normal force! The body that made a contact to the surface and that thing happened to us can't call normal force!" Hyewon growled, glaring at Sakura, but the Japanese girl doesn't even give a care about it, in fact she is enjoying teasing Hyewon. 


"Stop it! If you don't, I will tell Chaeyeon the most embarrassing thing you did when we were in the middle school." Hyewon said firmly, she high-five herself internally after she saw Sakura stiffened at her seat, eyes bulging out while looking at her. Seems like she got the advantage to her best friend now. 


"Fine!" Sakura huffed before she starts munching the yukhoe that she ordered earlier. 

Hyewon sighed in relief, suddenly, her eyes trailed to Eunbi and it feels like she needs an oxygen tank for her ex-wife is already staring at her but then Eunbi quickly looked away and feed Wonyoung. She can't help but to smile while looking at them, she missed seeing them. 


"But let's get in a serious talk, how is it going with her? Any improvement?" Sakura asked, Hyewon only stared at Eunbi before sighing heavily. 
"I'm trying to reach her but seems like she is unreachable anymore." Hyewon said timidly, looking down at the grass. Sakura stared at the younger girl before patting her back to comfort the girl.
"You will reach her. You can." Sakura said, as if she is really sure that Hyewon can do it. 
"How can you say so?" Hyewon asked. 
"Well, just because, I believe in you Kang." Sakura grinned and from that Hyewon get a new confidence, she looked at her ex-wife and she smiles at the older when she caught Hyewon's eyes staring at her. 

 


"Mama! Let's play games! I want to play! Can we? Can we? Can we?" 

Hyewon looked at Wonyoung who is jumping up and down, the kid has this wide smile written on her face while clasping her hands together as she offers a puppy eyes to her mama. 


"Okay, calm down kiddo, let's go." Hyewon giggles as she scooped Wonyoung on her arms. She looked at Eunbi when the older doesn't have the will to join.

"Won't you come?" Hyewon asked and Eunbi looked up from her phone, she is about to shake her head but Wonyoung interfere them. 

"Let's go mommy!" Wonyoung said excitedly while looking at her hesitating mother, she looks like busy with her phone, maybe she is talking to someone. 

"Go, I'll catch up, I just need to call Yena to ask about the situation in the café." Eunbi said, ruffling Wonyoung's hair and kissed the top of her daughter's head. And Hyewon got stoned on her place, Eunbi just leaned in to kissed Wonyoung but Hyewon’s lips almost made a contact with Eunbi's cheeks, and Hyewon is sure that the older doesn't any have an idea about their faces proximity. 

"Okay, let's go Mama!" Wonyoung squealed getting Hyewon's attention who almost spaced out if it wasn't for her daughter's voice. 

"Yeah, let's go." Hyewon spare one last glance to Eunbi, nodding her head before making their way to the booth. 

 

 

"Mama! Can you even get that bunny?" Wonyoung pouted and Hyewon looked at her daughter, "I will get this for you." She said with full of determination before squinting her eyes to the machine in front of her. 

Wonyoung quickly pulled her into the claw machine since her daughter insisted and pulled Hyewon without even the chance to talk. That is why they end up here, Hyewon focused on getting a cute bunny bear for her daughter while Wonyoung is watching her with a pout on her lips while the kid is crossing her arms. 


"Gosh, why is it so hard? This machine is too unfair." Hyewon hissed after she tried to do it again but the claw didn't even bite what she wants to get for her daughter.

"Mama, let's go with the other booth, it looks fun there...but I can't see anyone guarding the booth..." Wonyoung muttered while looking at the dart booth, she squinted her eyes when she saw a black thing moving inside, she can't see it clearly so she decided to walked closer and have a greater look, it looks like a black cat. 

"Oh...cat????" She said smiling but she can't see the whole figure of it, by then, her eyes dropped on the stool beside her and she carefully stands up there to have a proper look. 

"Cat—oh...." Wonyoung blinks her eyes when the cat that she thought is there, but she stared at the small woman who is using a phone while a black mask is covered her face. 

"Oh, hi there!" The black haired girl said and Wonyoung smiles widely before speaking. 

"I thought you are a cat; I saw you from the claw machine earlier." Wonyoung said, plopping her elbow on the booth before she put her chin on her hands. 

"I am a human cat." The girl said before standing up and Wonyoung blinks her eyes when the girl's height is just the same with her right now that she is sitting on the stool. 

"Oh...we almost have the same height but you are only taller a little from me." Wonyoung giggles. 

"Hey kid! I am 6 ft.!" The girl said but Wonyoung only giggles at her. 

"You don't look like 6 ft. Maybe, half of 6 feet." Wonyoung teased that causes the girl to pout though it isn't visible because of the mask that is covering . 


"Hey! I am really 6 ft. tall." The girl said, Wonyoung was about to argue but she heard her mama's voice from behind. 

"Bunny, I told you wait for me and don't leave like that. You made me worried." Hyewon said after she found Wonyoung, she panics when she looks behind and her daughter is not there, in that case she quickly looks around for Wonyoung and she sighed in relief seeing her on the dart booth, talking with someone she can't see. If she lost Wonyoung, for sure, Eunbi will get mad at her. And she can't afford to make that happen. 


"Sorry mama, I thought I found a cat but I found a 3 ft. human, promise I won't do it again." Wonyoung giggles and Hyewon creased her forehead about the 3 ft., she looked at the girl and Hyewon understands why her daughter said that. 

"I told you, I am 6 ft." The girl said. 

"Maybe, 4 flat will do." Hyewon grinned while winking at her daughter. 

"Tch, whatever, will you play?" The girl asked and Wonyoung nodded her head in excitement, by then, she received the five darts.

"Just hit seven balloons then you can get this cute stuff toy." The girl said and Wonyoung's eyes sparkles seeing that bear, unaware that her mama is already holding one that she gets from the claw machine. 

"I will get that." Wonyoung said before biting her lips to concentrate. Hyewon just watched her daughter plays, she can't help but to smile on how adorable Wonyoung is every time she missed to hit the balloon. 

"Aish, Mama, one more please?" Wonyoung asked and Hyewon only nodded her head. But it's also the same, she didn't hit more than seven.

"My turn." Hyewon said and give Wonyoung the stuff toy she get from the claw machine; she chuckles seeing her daughter's wide eyes.

Hyewon throws the first dart and it hit one, she did the same for the second one and it hits two balloons causing Wonyoung to squeal and cheer for her. But at the end, she only hit three balloons. 

"Maybe, this isn't for us, baby." Hyewon said and Wonyoung only nodded her head, they are about to walk away when they heard Eunbi's voice. 


"I haven't tried yet."  Eunbi said and the two grinned while they watched Eunbi started to play. 

Hyewon's mouth formed an O when Eunbi throw the first dart and she hit three balloons, even Wonyoung is surprised seeing that. 

"Woah...." The girl also said, she is staring dreamily to Eunbi. As if she sees the universe. 

Hyewon and Wonyoung watched Eunbi as the older keeps on hitting the balloon with every darts she throws and in the end, she hits almost ten. 


"Mommy is really the best! I have two stuff toy from mommy and mama." Wonyoung giggles while she received the stuff toy that her Mommy win for her. 

"You get that for her too?" Eunbi asked to Hyewon, pointing the other stuff toy.

"Yeah, she wants that..." Hyewon scratched her nape and the older only nodded her head as they started to walk away. 

"Bye bye 3 ft." Wonyoung giggles while waving her hand to the girl who just shakes her head before waving at her. 


"Let's go there, Mommy! I want to do that!~~" Wonyoung squealed and run towards the booth, Hyewon creased her forehead seeing the booth, when did her daughter wanted play that gun games?

"Won't you go?" Eunbi asked. 

"When did she wanted to learn that?" Hyewon asked, frowning.

"Maybe with her classmates." Eunbi said and walks towards her daughter, Hyewon only shrugs and as she watched Wonyoung enjoying playing while Eunbi is teaching her. She is just looking at the two, getting her phone as she captures a photo of the two. 

 

...


"Mommy! Mama! Let's go there!" Wonyoung squealed excitedly while pointing at the carousel that she keeps on asking earlier to ride.


Hyewon's eyes lit up from seeing it, she looked at her daughter and grinned at her before the both of them run towards the ride. 


Eunbi chuckles at the two especially at how Hyewon acted like a kid after seeing for carousel. The two really have the same vibe when it comes to this. 


"Mommy, let's go!" 


“Hey, you two, be careful!” Eunbi shook her head while following Hyewon and Wonyoung who are excited to ride the carousel, she takes a glance to Hyewon and she almost chuckle when she saw how much eager the younger to ride that damn horse with a pole stick on its back.


“Three tickets, please.” Eunbi said at the girl assigned to the booth. 

“Bunny, can you give me another ticket?” The short haired girl in glasses said while looking at the other girl who is busy with her laptop, her hands are typing so fast as her eyes never leave the screen. 

“Wait Kai, let me just finish I am writing.” The girl giggles, still tapping to the keyboards.


“Mama, we have the same nickname.” Wonyoung whispered to Hyewon who is preoccupied while looking at the horses, but still she managed to smile and looked at her daughter. “Yeah..”


The girl looked up from her laptop after hearing Wonyoung’s tiny cute voice and she flashed an adorable smile to kid and winks at her before she continues doing her business.


“Himn, can you pass me another ticket?” The girl said to the other girl who is silently scrolling to her phone, she quickly stands up and gave the ticket.
“Thanks, Himn.”
“Welcome, Kai.” 


“Three tickets here. Just go inside and give the ticket to that girl before riding.” Kai said and gives it to Eunbi before receiving the payment. The family was about to go but seems like Wonyoung is eyeing something from the girl in the glasses, and the girl quickly noticed it.


“Do you want one?” Kai asked and Wonyoung nodded her head eagerly while her eyes sparkles as she stared at the stickers that the girl is holding.

“Thank you!” Wonyoung giggles as she flashes a toothy grin to Kai who ruffles her hair softly.

Eunbi and Hyewon thanked the girl before entering the carousel and Wonyoung waves her hand to the girl.


“Move it! Move it!” Hyewon said like a kid before getting herself to sit on one of the horses, Wonyoung grins at her before riding the horse at Hyewon’s front. The two looked at Eunbi who is also staring at them with a smile before sitting on the horse beside Hyewon’s.


“Here we go!” Wonyoung and Hyewon shouted together as the ride started.


Eunbi could only looked at her daughter, she can’t help but to smile seeing her Wonyoung this happy, she could not wish anything more but to see her daughter happy like this. It’s enough for Eunbi, Wonyoung’s happiness is her priority and Wonyoung will always be her first priority about anything else.


“I love you from 12 raise to 871.” Eunbi mouthed to her daughter after Wonyoung looked at her, the kid grinned at her before giving her a flying kiss.

 
She then looked at Hyewon and Eunbi felt the burning of her cheeks when the younger girl is already looking at her, flashing an endearing smile at her. The usual smile that Hyewon always gives to her, the smile that Eunbi knows that is only for her.

And Eunbi won’t try to deny it, she missed that kind of smile from Hyewon. 
 


...

 

“Mama, I really like their house. My is not aching from sitting cause it’s soft.” Wonyoung giggles, jumping as she walks while Eunbi and Hyewon holds each of her hand. Making them look like a real happy family, like they used to be.


“Mommy, I want to go there!” Wonyoung said as she tugs Eunbi’s hands while her other hand that is holding Hyewon’s pointing to the bump car that she is seeing. Eunbi was about to agree but Wonyoung already run towards the car.


“Let’s go!” Hyewon said in excitement as she dragged Eunbi to where is Wonyoung, the older doesn’t have time to react when she felt that Hyewon intertwines their hand together. She looked at the younger’s face but seems like the girl didn’t realize what she did, leaving a flustered expression on Eunbi’s face and a tinted pinkish color on her cheeks.

 

“How many ticket?” The girl asked to Wonyoung who is on the dazed while staring st the small cars that she will get to ride later.


“Hey kid…” The girl said getting Wonyoung’s attention.


“Three tickets. That’s my daughter.” Hyewon finally showed up, the tall girl looked at them, her eyes went to Hyewon and Eunbi’s intertwined hand and she grinned before looking at her.


“Andy, stop staring at her with that love-struck eyes of yours.” The girl suddenly said making Hyewon to looked at the girl with a bun fingers named Andy, she just noticed it.


“Barks…I think I just saw an angel.” Andy said to the girl beside her.

“Yeah, whatever, you’ve said that for many times with the girls you are seeing for today.” The tall girl said as she smacks the small girl. 

“But you will alw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter