Kim Dongwan 1

Shinhwa One Shot

Behind every smile there is a person who has went through a lot of pain. When I saw Kim Dongwan I wondered how someone could smile like that even if something bad was happening. When I met him I knew there was more than meets the eye. When I got to know him, I knew why he smiled.

“I’m happy to be alive and be with the people I care about most.” Dongwan told me. “You can’t keep focusing on the bad. If you do you don’t see the good.” He then playfully tried to open my eyes wide. “Now open those pretty eyes.”

I swiped his hands away. “Arrasso Arrasso. I don’t need help opening them.”

He laughed and gave me a kiss. It threw me off guard. He then looked me in the eye. “Then let me help you see the good.”

I nodded my head and he smiled. 

His smile. 

His addicting smile, that made me smile.

Months came and went.

Then the day came. The first fight.

Yes they would bicker sometimes, but it wasn’t serious. Not like this.

Tears flowed down your cheek.

You knew it was your fault.

You listened to the bad and ignored what the good said. 

Dongwan told you not to listen to what they were saying about you, but you did. You believed it.

You didn’t want to believe Dongwan’s good words.

If you did you wouldn’t be alone right now.

Sighing, why do I always have to see the bad.

Tears slid down your cheek the more you thought about Dongwan and how much you missed him.

His voice.

His touch.

His laugh.

Most of all his smile. His angelic smile that made you feel like anything is possible. Happiness is possible.

You closed your eyes and put your head in your hands as you let out a sob.

You regretted the argument. You wanted to take it all back just to have him again.

A familiar smell hit your nose, but you didn’t want to open your eyes.

Arms wrapped themselves around you and pulled you close.

You knew who it was, but you didn’t want to open your eyes and be wrong.

His hands gently rubbed your arm and your back. You felt his lips on the top of your head before he started nuzzling his head into your hair.

“I’m sorry.” You sniffed. “I know it doesn’t mean much, but I really am.”

He held you closer. “It’s okay.”

You shook your head and pulled away look at him. “No it’s not. I shouldn’t be doubtful.”

Dongwan smiled.

Seeing him smile made you want to smile, but you refrained from doing so. “What?” You asked.

Dongwan leaned forward and kisses you. “Nothing your just cute.”

Making a face, you asked. “Just cute?”

Dongwan let out a chuckle. “No not just cute.” He then made a thinking pose which made you giggle. “More like beautiful and lovable.” He paused before connecting his eyes with yours, smiling. “I love you.”

You gave him a big smile. “I love you too."