Six

End.

Jisoo has been stuck in traffic for about thirty minutes now. She was being accompanied by her manager and were now on the way to the restaurant where the farewell party was being held.

 

Jisoo was looking outside the window when Jinyoung’s question popped out of her head. 

 

Can we talk about us later?

 

His question kept ringing inside her head. She was wondering what did he want to talk about. 

Their relationship was going smoothly and the only fights they had were petty ones.

 

He was going to make things official right? She thought to herself.

 

She smiled to herself. She’s been wanting to call Jinyoung her boyfriend for a few weeks now. She also wanted to formally introduce him to her friends, members, and especially to her family.

 

A few minutes later, they finally arrived at the venue. The venue they had rented was at a small samgyeopsal restaurant in Gangnam.

 

Everyone was already seated and was just waiting for Jisoo. Before eating, Jinyoung, Jisoo, and Doyoung gave their speeches. They thanked everyone who took care of them. They hoped that even after inkigayo ended, their bonds and the friendships they formed will never change.

 

Everyone now was busy eating and drinking. The trio were in one table and were just talking, eating, and drinking. 

 

Jinyoung hasn’t drunk anything. He wanted a clear mind when he finally gets to talk to Jisoo. He didn’t want alcohol messing with his emotions.

 

Jisoo only took about 3 shots of soju. However, she isn’t drunk yet. She wants to remember what happens tonight when they make things official.

 

Doyoung however was already slightly drunk. He had a tiring day and this was his way to destress himself. 

 

“You know, I can see straight through you guys.” Doyoung said. “You guys are sleeping together right.”

 

Jinyoung almost choked on his water. Jisoo almost spat her food. They both laughed.

 

“We’re not sleeping together.” Jinyoung said firmly.

 

It was true. They haven’t slept together. However, there was something about Jinyoung’s tone that irked Jisoo.

 

Was there something wrong about not sleeping together? They haven’t made anything official so there was no need to rush things, right? She thought.

 

Jinyoung noticed the firmness of his tone. It was something accidental. However, he could see that Jisoo’s face was emotionless. 

 

Jinyoung also didn’t want to force Jisoo things she didn’t want to do. He could wait.

 

“I mean, if you guys aren’t sleeping together... you guys must be dating right? I mean I can tell by the way you guys look at each other. Eyes sparkling and everything. It’s disgusting.” Doyoung joked.

 

Jisoo laughed and glanced at Jinyoung. However, Jinyoung was just staring at the table, didn’t know what to say. 

 

Jinyoung cleared his throat. “We’re not together.” Jinyoung lied.

 

Jisoo’s heart sank. It felt like her heart stopped beating. It was heartbreaking to hear that from him. She took a deep breath and calmed herself.

 

“Jinyoung and I?! Please. I’m too good for Jinyoung.” Jisoo said as she jokingly punched Jinyoung’s arm.

 

And there it was. Jinyoung heard his greatest fear coming out of Jisoo’s mouth. He knows Jisoo didn’t mean it, but it still hurts. His heart was shattering into a million pieces.

 

“Well, I swear I thought you two were together.” Doyoung laughed. “But hey if you guys do ever get together, invite me to your wedding alright.”

 

Jinyoung and Jisoo just laughed.

 

The trio went on with their usual selves and talking about their future plans after inkigayo. Jinyoung was talking about his future plans of acting. Jisoo and Doyoung said they were focusing on their group activities.

 

The party hasn’t ended yet but Doyoung had to be escorted back to his dorm because he was already drunk. Everyone then said their goodbyes to him.

 

Jinyoung and Jisoo found themselves alone at their table. There was an uncomfortable silence that they couldn’t explain. 

 

“C-can we talk outside?” Jinyoung asked breaking the silence. Jisoo nodded. Jinyoung then got up and went outside. Jisoo followed him a few minutes after.

 

It was still winter in Korea and the cold was unforgiving. Jisoo was looking for Jinyoung and found him sitting on the bench near the alleyway. It was already late at night and there was no one on sight.

 

She sat down next to Jinyoung and turned to him. “Hey what do you want to talk about?” Jisoo asked.

 

Jinyoung took a deep breath. “Jisoo.” He said. 

 

There was something about Jinyoung calling Jisoo by her name that sounded like music to her ears. However, this sounded like Jinyoung was about to drop a bomb.

 

“Let’s stop whatever’s going on between us.” Jinyoung said. 

 

“W-what?” Jisoo said, almost choking up.

 

“I don’t want to be with you anymore.” Jinyoung said firmly.

 

Jisoo couldn’t believe what she was hearing. Was it the alcohol that is causing her to hallucinate and hear things? Tears were welling up in her eyes.

 

Jinyoung could see her glassy eyes. He can’t bear seeing her hurt. He got up and Jisoo pulled his arm.

 

“Why? Why are we stopping this, Jinyoung? Did I do something wrong? Is there another girl? Am I boring you?” Jisoo asked, tears streaming down her face. She rarely cries. She rarely lets anyone see her be hurt and be vulnerable.

 

Jinyoung hates seeing her like this. In the few months that they spent together he only saw Jisoo cry twice and he swore to himself that he would never let Jisoo cry because of him. But here she is, crying all because of him. It hurts how he let someone great and beautiful be treated like this. It hurts how he caused this pain.

 

“I just don’t want to. I don’t feel anything for you anymore. That’s it.” Jinyoung lied. He couldn’t look her in the eye.

 

“That fast?! you, Jinyoung. Come up with a better answer.” Jisoo sarcastically laughed and rolled her eyes as she wiped away her tears. 

 

“I-I’m sorry.” Jinyoung said. “I don’t deserve you, Jisoo. You deserve someone better.” 

 

“But I don’t want someone better. I want you, Jinyoung.” Jisoo said as she let out a sigh. Tears were streaming down on her face again.

 

“I’m sorry.” Jinyoung said as he walked away.

 

“You’re an , Jinyoung.” Jisoo mumbled under her breath. It was faint as if Jinyoung couldn’t hear it. It hurts her heart how she thought this day was going to end beautifully. 

 

Jisoo was left alone outside for a few minutes. She sat there thinking what she did wrong for their almost relationship to end like that. Or was it simply because Jinyoung was an . 

 

She sat there alone for a good 30 minutes not bothered with the cold until she decided to go back inside.

 

As she went inside, everyone was already saying their goodbyes. While she was saying goodbye to some of the staff, she could see Jinyoung from the corner of her eye downing a bottle of soju. 

 

Jisoo and her manager were now walking to their car with Jisoo trailing behind. Somebody then suddenly pulled her arm. It was Jinyoung.

 

From the looks of it Jinyoung had something to say. Jisoo didn’t want to deal with him any longer and walked away when suddenly he pulled her arm again and suddenly kiss her.

 

His lips still had a taste of soju in it. She doesn’t why she suddenly had to urge to slap him. She was done with him from the moment he walked away from their almost relationship. She didn’t want any unwanted feelings from him anymore.

 

Jinyoung was snapped out of reality when he was slapped by Jisoo. He didn’t know why he did that. He just felt the need to taste her lips before they go on their separate ways.  

 

He knows he’s going to regret ending their almost relationship. He knows that his insecurities got in the way of them being happy together.

 

Jisoo looked really mad at him and she ran to her manager to not be bothered anymore.

 

Jisoo went home that night locked in her room crying about a man who she once thought that wouldn’t hurt her. 

 

She didn’t want to hate Jinyoung, but she’s starting to. Ending things without a reasonable explanation and leaving her hanging just like that baffles her.

 

She decided that after today, she wasn't going to dwell on this any longer. Tomorrow is a brand new day and hopefully someday she'll learn how to live life without him.

 

Jinyoung was lying on his bed thinking of what he did. He just let go of something beautiful. He lost his world, his home, his go-to-place.

 

He wishes that tomorrow he could wake up and live in a world wherein idols can freely date and they go back to each others arms. But this is reality, and their careers were on stake if a dating scandal happens.

 

He hopes someday that they will meet again. He hopes someday he overcomes his insecurities.

 

He then got his phone and texted Jisoo, “I’m sorry.”

 

 

 

 

~~~

me: i hate it when authors hurt jisoo

also me: *hurts jisoo*

What do you guys think of this chapter. I feel like its poorly written and I’m sorry jdsksks