-7-

You Bring Out The Worst In Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The feeling of being loved by somebody is beautiful. Especially when you're loved by somebody that you love. Because you know they'll never leave you, by all means.

So, even when Irene's mom had passed, Irene didn't cry at first. Because her mother had told her that she would always be by Irene's side. Even if she was gone someday, she would still be there, patting Irene's head, proud of Irene and recognizing her. Irene took those words to the heart. 

As Irene stared at the portrait of her mother smiling, she could feel her mother beside her, hugging her. And when Irene found out that her mother was gone forever, she finally broke down into tears.

Irene's mother's words had always resignated with Irene, but somehow, it feels as if her mother had broken that promise. In which she was gone forever, including her soul and her promise, which her mother took with her.

All that was left was a father, who, hadn't cared before, doesn't care at all now.

Irene opened her eyes. And like that, she was awake. In her bed. She remembers what happened clearly last night. After all, it was just a mere faint, nothing bad.

Her head still aches though. Has she caught a cold? 

She feels so.... nostalgic. She couldn't remember her dream, only small remnants of it. But nobody really remembers their dreams, so Irene didn't think much about it.

As Irene was walking out of her room, a thud was heard and Irene stopped. She turned around to see a picture on the ground. Irene hurriedly picked it up and inspected the picture. It was a picture of her mother. Her mother had beautiful eyes. And her smile seemed genuine, as if she was living in paradise. Yet, her look was humble. Irene liked to think that she took after her mother, but her mother seemed so perfect that Irene couldn't dare compare herself to her mother. But Irene doesn't like the idea of her taking after her father as much, so she sticks with the other.

Irene puts the picture back up onto her dresser as she walks to the bathroom to prepare for the day. It was Friday, and Irene still has a day of school left. Irene groans. It feels like so much has happened within a week. Well, that's quite odd considering that nothing really happens in Irene's life.

She thought she would just be slowly wasting her life, but with all this secrecy that she has discovered, it has now become her purpose. It's weird. She wasn't even directly related to anything. She wasn't connected to Seulgi's apparent murder, nor was she connected to her father's story with the Kang family. But somehow, she was in the middle of everything.

As Irene was putting on her school uniform, she sneezed and her head started aching again. Was she really sick? 

Irene chuckled. Aish... that Seulgi. Making her sick and all. Even after all that, Irene still wants to see Seulgi again. Maybe it was out of pity. After all, Seulgi has had it the worst out of her and Irene. Irene was born with a silver spoon, and Seulgi as well, but now her life has spiralled and she's basically unknown to the world.

Such a sweet girl Seulgi is. There's just no way she could commit such a sin. But Irene couldn't even place faith in her own words. She knew nothing after all. Who was she to say all this and say Seulgi was innocent?

Suddenly, Irene's whole body weakened as Irene fell onto her bed, panting heavily. She really didn't feel well today. Maybe she should skip school for now...

"Miss Bae? Are you alright?" a cute voice asked from behind her. Irene didn't reply as she couldn't find the power to.

Yena rushes to her and properly lays Irene down. Then, she hurries to get an ice pack to place on Irene's warm forehead. Irene couldn't help but smile at the hardworking girl. If only Yena and her family were more fortunate. 

Then, the doorbell rang. Irene watched as Yena hurried out her room again to open the door. Irene only hoped it was a certain girl. And when that certain girl peeked through Irene's room, Irene failed to suppress her huge grin.

"S-Seulgi...?" Irene muttered out weakly. Seulgi frowned with a cute, concerned look on her face.

"Irene! Aiishhhh, stupid me! I'm sorry for lashing out and getting you sick!" Seulgi exclaims as she cups Irene's face in worry. Irene shakes her head out of Seulgi's hands and pouts.

"Don't! You'll get sick if you get too close to me!" Irene tells Seulgi. Seulgi grins that stupid, goofy grin again at Irene. Irene feels nostalgic. Somehow, she misses that sweet, innocent grin. 

"Why are you worried for me? You're the sick one here!" Seulgi mutters as she sits beside Irene and rests her head on Irene's desk. Irene watches her with a soft smile. 

Seulgi still feels different, but it feels like Seulgi has softened. Like Irene has made friends with a whole new Seulgi now. But Irene doesn't care. Seulgi is Seulgi. Irene will fall in love with every Seulgi possible, whether she changes again or not. Seulgi is still so beautiful to Irene. 

It's only been a few months since Irene had met Seulgi and Irene's already falling for her. Maybe it's because the times she spends with Seulgi feels like forever. She only wonders if Seulgi feels the same.

"Are you sleepy? You can sleep," Seulgi says as she sees Irene yawn.

Irene shakes her immediately at this. "Nooo~! I still wanna spend time with you...," Irene replies quickly yet weakly, as if she was losing her voice. Seulgi chuckles. 

But Irene fails as she lets sleep overtake her consciousness. It was impossible to stay awake, even if she stared at Seulgi's beautiful face. 

And when Irene woke up, Seulgi was gone. Irene was a little disappointed, but she was probably forced to leave by the staff. Irene gets up, feeling stronger than before but her body is sore. Was it because of the running? Irene's never ran so fast in her life before. Still, it didn't help that Seulgi was so fast. She could race the track star at school and beat them.

Then, Yena peeks in. "Oh? Miss Bae, you're awake?" Yena notices as she walks up to Irene, feeling her forehead.

"You're feeling much better..."

Then, Yena stands up and straightens her posture, formal again. "Mr. Bae says for you to practice your table manners to prepare for your date tomorrow evening."

Irene yawns at that, carelessly. She didn't care about table manners. She already knew her manners anyways. It's not like she would be chaotic.

"Oh.... I see....," Irene replies after realizing that Yena was still standing there, waiting for Irene to say something. 

(Yena thought that Irene does sound like her fathe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter