-3-

You Bring Out The Worst In Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Where the hell were you yesterday?!" Daniel exclaimed. Seulgi was next to him, looking at Irene worriedly. Irene hung her head low. The trio was at school, in front of Irene's locker. After Irene not arriving at the café, she felt nervous and predicted that this would happen. She didn't expect for Daniel to be so furious though.

"If you're not gonna arrive at the café so I can take you to see Seulgi, I can't trust you!" Daniel tells Irene, his face full of worry for Seulgi. "Wh-what if you were telling your dad about her?! I can't have that Irene, I'm sorry..." Irene opens to say something but nothing comes out. Daniel was about to dismiss Irene until Seulgi steps in.

"Daniel... it's fine. I still want to see Irene," Seulgi says in soft voice that makes Irene sigh in relief. She looks at Seulgi meaningfully. She looks so similar to the girl in the picture.... "Huh? But why? Seulgi, she—"

"Because she's cute, that's why," Seulgi says proudly, revealing her eye smile. Irene's heart skipped a beat. Just like it once did with Kang.

"U-uh.. Seulgi..?" Irene whispered, nudging Seulgi. The two were partners for a project in science class. Seulgi hums in response as she follows the teacher's instructions. "Can I ask you a question?" Seulgi nods. Irene taps the table with her finger and sighs. She wanted to know...

"Do you remember ever loving someone?" Irene asked. Seulgi paused. Seulgi stayed silent for a few seconds. "..No.. I don't," Seulgi replies. Irene's face darkens. The teacher continues to explain the project and intructions, but the teacher's words just distracts Irene. She has amnesia Irene, don't be sad.., Irene tells herself. "I really only remember that one girl, like I told you, we were building sandcastles," Seulgi continues, multi-tasking. Irene nods. She could feel herself drifting farther apart from the one girl that could give her a lead of who this Kang girl really is.

After school, Seulgi and Irene go out for ice cream. "Woah! I haven't had ice cream in a long time!" Seulgi exclaims while drooling over all the different flavors. Irene chuckles. "Well, it's not worth drooling over," Irene replies while also looking at the flavors. Seulgi shrugs and chooses vanilla ice cream. Irene was about to choose strawberry-flavored ice cream until the cashier tells the two girls that the bowl for ice cream was large. Irene furrows her eyebrows. Why would they have a large bowl of ice cream....?! Irene screams at the cashier in her head. Seulgi grins at Irene.

"We could just share," Seulgi tells the cashier while pointing to Irene and then herself. Irene's face turns red at the suggestion. "W-wait..!" Irene tries to say but the cashier already asks for the payment. Irene blushes while shyly handing dollar bills over to the cashier. After receiving their ice cream, the two sit down at a seat near the window and share the vanilla ice cream........... with one spoon. 

"Arrgrjhjhhj! This is embarrassing..," Irene mutters while Seulgi gives her a spoonful of vanilla ice cream. Seulgi giggles. "It's not that bad! I actually enjoy this!" Seulgi tells Irene honestly while eating the ice cream. Irene's blush doesn't disappear. The only thing Irene is thinking right now is: IT'S AN INDIRECT KISS! IT'S AN INDIRECT KISS!!! 

The two lovebirds finally finished the ice cream after a long time of awkwardness (with Seulgi attempting to make jokes) and decided to head home. Well, Irene totally forgot that Seulgi lives in an asylum and that it's like a hundred miles away from the city, so Seulgi reminded her and Irene invited Seulgi over.

"Oh my gosh, how can we be friends if I forgot that you don't live in a house?!" Irene exclaims. Seulgi smiles. "Well, that's why I made you know! So we can be friends!" Seulgi tells Irene, making Irene blush. Maybe meeting Seulgi wasn't so disappointing...

Irene gave Seulgi a tour of her mansion and then the two ran upstairs to Irene's bedroom like little kids. The two girls started playing board games and listened to music. "Wait a second! Do you know what I want to see?" Seulgi asks Irene suddenly. Irene faces Seulgi with an "IDK" expression. Seulgi grins, but it looked mischievous. Seulgi leans in close to Irene, making Irene stiff. This was uncharacteristic for Seulgi to suddenly make a move(?). "Your baby pictures," Seulgi whispered.

There was alot of "awww's" and "omg you were so cute!" Seulgi's face was jus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter