-5-

You Bring Out The Worst In Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Daniel and Irene visited the asylum the next day. Seulgi was placed in the asylum once more. They walked to her room together and opened the door. She gave off a different aura from usual. She seemed more mature, first of all, and also more mysterious and dark. "Hey, Seulgi," Daniel greets her. No response. Irene can feel a piece of Seulgi missing but somehow, it feels as if this was the whole result. 

Daniel's lip trembles. He clenches his fist. Irene looks at him with sympathy, not knowing the reason why he's crying. Daniel sighs and then turns to Irene. "Irene, I-"

Suddenly, Seulgi starts sobbing. Irene's eyes widen as she watches Seulgi break down. A mental breakdown.... Daniel watches in terror. He starts shaking tremendously. "S-Seulgi..?" Daniel calls out softly. Seulgi stops sobbing and takes a quick glance at Daniel. She clenches her teeth and shakes as well.

"Go away..... go... AWAY!" Seulgi screams at Daniel and Irene. Daniel takes a step back and trips on his bottom. Irene's jaw is slightly open as her fear of Seulgi doesn't stop overflowing. Where did her sweet Seulgi go? Seulgi is breathing hard, as if she couldn't breathe now. Seulgi suddenly goes silent. Daniel carefully gets up and inspects Seulgi from afar. Her breathing has calmed and her eyes are closed. She fell asleep. 

Her sleeping face is so soft and calm compared to her face earlier, which was full of resentment. Daniel sighs softly. He then turns to Irene. He looks traumatized. His eyebrows reaching the top as far as it can. Irene suddenly feels wary. The two Kangs seem as mysterious as ever now. 

"Irene... I... you might have to stop investigating with me," Daniel suddenly tells Irene. Irene's eyes widen. What? Daniel doesn't bother to explain as he shakes his head and takes Irene by the hand. They both exit Seulgi's room and Daniel starts looking seriously at Irene. He looks so out of control and impulsive. So contrast from his usual quiet, cool, and composed mood. The two Kangs are now in a panic and Irene can't stand not knowing why.

"Irene, this is for your safety. If you just.. stop being so ing curious of everything!" Daniel exclaims at Irene. Irene felt shocked and hurt, obviously. The only person who supported your curiosity and helped you solve this almost impossible mystery telling you that you're stupid for even trying. Irene was angry now, furious. How the is she just going to let this say this to her? " you, Daniel!" Irene screams. Staff of the asylum gather around them to stop them from arguing. Daniel doesn't say anything back and only has an apologetic expression on. Irene is furious but can't help but wonder why he has such a depressed look on. Was it something she said or did? Or was it something deeper?

Irene felt so... tired. She went from solving this case and back to how she was before all this. She's back to being lazy and having nothing to do. Her friends are always out and she never bothers to hang out with them. She wonders how Krystal and Kai's relationship is. She does care about Krystal, but Kai cheating on her is none of Irene's business and she doesn't want to get involved in that. 

More importantly, Kai's boyfriend, Suho. Who is Suho exactly? Who was his brother? Should Irene ask to meet up for more information? But Daniel told her to stay out of everything. Why? Why does everything that has to do with the Kangs so mysterious?! She just wants to know something...

Suddenly, Irene remembered something... obvious. I mean, Daniel is rich, isn't he? Or wealthy at the very least. Irene gets on her laptop and searches up Kang Daniel. Of course, a bunch of things pop up. There's many pictures of him online,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter