-1-

You Bring Out The Worst In Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene stabs her fork into her pancake and stuffs it inside . Her father is reading an "adult" book while their butler flips more pancakes. The floor is solid and spotless. Walls are soundproof and sparkling. Large portraits hung around the walls and ancient artifacts are out for display. 

Bae Irene is a rich highschool girl who lives in a mansion and is the daughter of the CEO of Bae Entertainment. If your agency is successful and you're the CEO, you will surely be rich. "Irene, your school is starting in a few minutes, are you sure you don't want a ride to school?" Irene's father inquires, taking his cup of coffee and sipping it, not even looking at Irene. Irene groaned and leaves the dining table, her breakfast unfinished. 

She walks over to the coat hanger and puts on her sweater. Her backpack is right next to the hanger and she grabs her and wears it, straps in between her arms. "I'm gonna walk there, dad," Irene finally replies. Her dad hums in reply, indicating that he wasn't listening to her. Irene scoffs to herself and puts on her school shoes and walks out of her mansion. She walks down the stairs, holding the rail and exits the gate. Her ride was ready for her, parked next to her mansion, but Irene ignores it. She's going to walk after all. Sometimes Irene wishes that she lived in America.

From what she sees in movies and comics and books, there are kids playing basketball in the morning and a bunch of kids her age walking around the street. There are also a bunch of youngsters recording videos for fun and laughing. Irene inserts her thumb under her strap while her other fingers are over the strap. "Hey, Irene-ssi!" a voice called. Irene rubbed her eyes and spotted her friend. She grinned.

"Krystal!" Irene called back. Krystal ran to Irene and hugged her tightly. Krystal was also a rich highschool girl, the daughter of another CEO. Their fathers are childhood friends. "How ya doing? Have you found yourself a boyfriend yet?" Krystal asked, smirking. Irene chuckled. 

"No, Krystal, and I never will have one," Irene answered casually. Krystal groaned and walked with Irene to school, her hands wrapped around Irene's neck. "How about we ride to school? Oh wait, you prefer walking...," Krystal said, rubbing her chin. Irene smiled. 

"Have you seen Kai by the way? He disappeared and I can't seem to find him. I called him and he said he was coming to school in a few minutes but he never did," Krystal asked Irene. Irene raised an eyebrow and shook her head in reply. Krystal frowned and sighed. "I'll just call him again then." Irene snickered. Krystal acts like an over possessive girlfriend for Kai. Everybody knows that she likes him but she denies it all the time. Krystal dials Kai's phone number and then skips off, forgetting Irene. Irene watches her. She just realized that she had already arrived at her school when she had spotted a group of friends chatting. 

Irene was about to casually amble inside until she overheard a conversation between a bunch of boys. "Have you seen Kang?" a boy asked, who seems to be the leader since he basically had that charisma aura around him. "Nah, I think she ran away, dude. You do know that playing with her is dangerous right?" another boy replied. The leader scoffed. "Dangerous my . She's nothing but insane and a retard." Irene furrows her eyebrows and continues walking to avoid suspicion that she was eavesdropping. 

"Oh , Bae Irene is right there you !" A boy exclaimed silently. The leader gasped and the group of boys walk away. Irene tightens her grip on her backpack straps. Kang? Who was that? Irene only knows one Kang and that's their highschool's famous football QB, Kang Daniel. It can't be Kang Daniel though since the boys used the pronoun "her."

The school bell rang and Irene's eyes widened. She ran into the school gates. She wasn't even in the school building yet and she was late as hell!

"Daniel, you leaving already?" Baekhyun asks, chewing on gum. Daniel replies with a yes and curls his fingers through his hair. "I have business to attend to, you know, since my parents like having me at their dinners," Daniel said. Irene chews her food slowly, listening carefully. Krystal is chatting with her other friends and sometimes they ask Irene things.

Irene wasn't even paying attention to them and just nods when they mention her. "Well, bye man. See ya later," Baekhyun bids him goodbye and Daniel leaves the school building. Irene watches him and suddenly, Krystal catches her. "Oooh, observing the football team's QB, eh?" Krystal teases. Irene denies having romantic feelings for him. She just feels like he has a connection with this "Kang" girl. 

After school ended, Irene walks home. Just like every other day. Krystal and her friends also walk with her. Krystal's clique insists of Kim Jisoo, Choi Jinri, and Kim Jennie. They're all popular at school and wealthy. "I swear I saw Irene gawking at Kang Daniel!" Krystal exclaims in a playful tone. Jennie bursts out laughing. 

"Irene can't score him though. We all know that Jinri likes him already," Jennie said. Irene ignores them and tells them that she has to go somewhere. The girls start whining but Irene leaves them hanging. Basically, Irene ditched them. Irene called her driver to come pick her up. She didn't know why but she felt like she needed to find this Kang. 

The next day, Irene confronts Daniel about the situation. Well, she just investigates him while trying to stay under the suspicion radar. "Soo... Daniel-ssi, do you have any siblings?" Irene asks him, trying to sound casual. Daniel raises an eyebrow. The two barely talk. Only to avoid rumors though. "Maybe... why?" he replies, looking around the two of them to check if anybody is watching.

"I just.. uh, I was just curious," Irene said awkwardly. Daniel frowns. "Well, it's none of your business," Daniel told Irene and shooes her. Irene groans when she leaves and is out of Daniel's sight. The two were helping the gym teacher set up the equipment and props for their gym lesson today. Well that failed..., Irene thought. But she didn't give up until she got the answers she was searching for.

"Why are you so curious if I have a sibling or not?" Daniel asked. Irene has been bugging him for a week now, even on the weekends. Irene had successfully gotten his phone number and calls him every now and then for answers. Irene and Daniel were sitting in their desks, next to each other, in History class. "Can you just answer my question with a yes or no?" Irene shot back. Daniel sighs.

"I choose... or." Irene raises an eyebrow. Irene's intimidating look sends shivers down Daniel's spine. She looks like she's about to beat Daniel up. Can she even beat him up? "Okay, okay, I'll answer you. Only if you stop bugging me though," Daniel said, giving in. Irene slightly smiles, finally getting the answers she needed. "I do have a sibling. I have a sister. There." Irene nods and connects the dots in her head.

"Kang" is a girl, "Kang" Daniel has a sister. But Daniel is wealthy? How can those boys bully people with high status and money? "Wait, you have a stepmom, correct?" Irene asks. Daniel furrows his eyebrows, getting skeptical about these questions, but he confirms that he does. Irene starts connecting more dots.

If "Kang" is Daniel's sister, then she must be his stepsister. That explains why she most likely skips school without getting in trouble from Daniel's father, the breadwin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter