Butterfly

Hot & Cold (Jeon Jungkook & Kim Taehyung)

"Fun? What do you mean by fun?" Jungkook frowned, his eyebrows finally showing under his chestnut-coloured hair.

Is Taehyung not taking him seriously? Does he think that the maknae is pulling a prank on him?

Jungkook's eyes widened a bit at the realization that his hyung may not have fully understood the implication of his words.

Taehyung stared at -what he thought was- a confused boy. A small smirk stretching his lips.

And something inside Jungkook's head was telling him to run, to hide, but he had done too much of that already.

"It's not funny at all, Taehyung!" Jungkook hissed, taking a hold of the couch as he started to lift himself up, "I'm serious! I don't want- I can't-"

What?

What couldn't Jungkook do that Taehyung and every other ually active person could? Well, nothing really. They were all the same. All the same except for one petite tiny-bitty infinitesimal difference. Jungkook did not want or feel the need to have .

Put this way it didn't seem like a head-wracking worthy problem, did it? But to Jungkook, nothing was more important than his hyung's happiness, and if Taehyung needed ual to feel happy, Jungkook would either have to bend to his lusty desires, or let him go.

But Jungkook wanted- no. He needed his hyung to know about this side of him which he had considered both as a curse and a sickness for the longest time. Jungkook needed his lover's approval if the older man was to ever quench his lusty thirst on the maknae; and he needed it to let go of each other without being a problem to the rest of the boys and their entire career.

Overall, to Jungkook, this situation was anything but funny.

Taehyung had started to frown at the maknae’s words.

"Jungkook, I am disappointed..."

Ouch.

Taehyung had made his choice. And it hurt.

Of course, it, technically, was not Jungkook's fault. Of course, he had not decided to be aual, whether he was born this way or not, whether his brain was the problem because it did not deal with hormones the proper way, or not. Of course, he had tried to believe all of this.

But Jungkook could not wrap his mind around this idea. Thinking that he had not at least the faintest guilt in this whole ordeal felt odd to him. He needed someone to blame, he wanted this to be more than fate's choice, more than his destiny, he had to feel involved in some way; for his sanity. Blaming Taehyung was obviously, inherently, out of the question. His hyung was the one that had been disillusioned; hoping to have finally found his perfect match only to end up with a man who could not attend to his most primal needs.

Jungkook needed to put the blame on something real, consistent; on someone.

And in this instant, he could not do anything else but hate himself.

And suddenly, apologies kept pouring out of Jungkook's mouth "I'm sorry, hyung. I'm sorry, I'm sorry..." he repeated like a broken record.

Though, the vacuity of his apology resonated strongly against his core. An apology could not fix the teared-up string of affection his hyung would now hold as a reminder of the maknae's past mistakes. An apology will not fill the emptiness in their hearts as the two youngest members of the maknae line will now have to act as if nothing had ever happened; as if their longing for each other had never been satiated as they bathed in each other's presence.

An apology could not fix a broken heart, even less two of them.

A sob escaped the younger male's lips like the quietest note of a broken piano.

He felt weak, crying in front of the man who had rejected his heart- him; but his self-hatred could only build towards a farther, safer, more occult house of mind.

Jungkook thought he was broken.

But Taehyung knew how wrong he was.

The older singer knew how many thoughts could swirl in between the maknae's ears in so little time, but he still let a few seconds slip out of the clock's ticking, feeling his lover drift away from him on a raft of self-hatred.

Their breaths were not synchronized anymore, the heaving of their chests resembling to magnets with similar forces which pushed each other away. They were too similar in the way that they over thought everything people did or said, but were even harsher with themselves.

That is why instead of coming to the rescue of his lover, Taehyung stood there, almost straddling a sob-shaken Jungkook, utterly petrified.

What had he done?

It was mere seconds after Taehyung had realised his mistake that the younger male beneath him started to push himself away from the singer's body. Jungkook's back was slowly shifting away from the seat to lay on the armrest. His legs resurfaced from the cage of limbs Taehyung had trapped them under. His left leg started to fold against the maknae's chest, avoiding any friction against Taehyng's limbs as to not disturb the man in front of him.

However, Taehyung felt the knot in his throat lessen more and more from the feeling of his body being deprived of the other source of warmth in the room. It was Jungkook's terrorised gaze, as if he was a prey that had been captured by its predator, that made the urge to fix their situation and explain himself erupt from the deepest pit of his burning insides.

Taehyung stopped the younger male, hovering him and putting both of his hands against the armrest, blocking Jungkook's only path off of the couch. The younger male whimpered like a hurt animal.

He would hate himself later. Now, he could fix this.

"Jungkook." Taehyung grunted, leaning closer to the maknae as he held one hand up. His fingertips traced the younger male's jaw in an attempt to calm him down. Instead, the younger boy's teeth clenched against one another and his back dove further back into the couch’s armrest. Jungkook's breath quickened, tears started to flood his eyes again. "Kookie," the older male sighed, his hand cupping the maknae's cheek firmly with his soft fingertips, brushing his thumb lightly over the younger boy's cheekbone in a reassuring manner, "I am disappointed-" Jungkook tensed up at the word, "- that you would think , and the lack of it, would make me love you less."

It took a few seconds for the chestnut-haired young adult to register his hyung's words.

"You're not- you don't-"

Jungkook's mumbling was cut short by Taehyung's rich voice.

"There are a lot of things that I am not, Jungkook, but I'm definitely in love with you."

Jungkook's lips had always seemed like the perfect fit for his hyung's, but in this precise instant, as they slightly parted because of their owner's bewilderment, Taehyung could almost feel them dragging him down by an invisible link. Caught in the heat of the moment, the older male leaned down and sweetly wrapped both of his soft lips around the maknae's bottom one.

An almost inaudible, yet high-pitched, whimper left Jungkook's throat at the feeling of his lips reuniting with their partners.

The younger boy's hand which had crept up Taehyung's chest made him lean back. Scanning the maknae's face for an indication that he had done something wrong, Taehyung's gaze softened when he was met with a sheepish smile. Jungkook's big dark eyes, glistening with happiness, were softly covered by his eyelids as the boy with the bunny-like grins pulled Taehyung down closer to him with his hand behind the older male's neck.

"I love you, hyung." Jungkook whispered, tilting his head up so that their lips could connect once more.

A bustle of butterflies burst into Taehyung's stomach.

He let the maknae lead the kiss, following the gentle movement of his lips as they brushed, squeezed and his. He let Jungkook's fingertips graze against the tender skin of his neck and up into his hair. Though, when Jungkook started to pull on his roots ever-so-softly, making his hairs stand up like thousands of little soldiers waiting for an order, Taehyung felt like he needed to take control.

The warmth emitted by the maknae's body brushed against Taehyung's front, sending waves upon waves of heat throughout his being. The slight nibbling of his lips by Jungkook's bunny-like teeth and the hair massage he was being given sent Taehyung in a quest for domination. It was made easier by the fact that he was straddling the younger boy, that way he could aim his future touches more easily.

Jungkook let his hyung do as he wished, feeling the muscles on the older man's shoulder tense up from restraining himself. Taehyung started to kiss his way up Jungkook's features, covering every single inch of the warm-ivory skin. A small chuckle escaped Jungkook as Taehyung placed his lips on the tip of the maknae's nose. Taehyung smiled against the maknae’s skin, wondering what other reactions he could get from the younger male as he trailed kisses against his collarbone.

But Jungkook was curious too. Curious about how far Taehyung will take things now that he knew about his illness- no, it was a particularity, not an illness.

While Jungkook was still inwardly battling with his self-loathing thoughts, the contact of his hyung's hand against his jean-covered hips made the maknae exhale sharply. His vocal chords took a few seconds to gather all his delight and express it into one short delicate moan.

That was it for Taehyung. It was his signal to retreat. He needed to stop before he got lost again and his lover had to stop him.

Pressing his rosy and slightly swollen lips against Jungkook's neck, Taehyung leaned back, sitting on the confused maknae's lap.

Taehyung his lips slowly and delicately while looking at the biting marks he had made on the younger male's body, biting the inside of his cheek when his eyes trailed upon the red and purple hued blotches on Jungkook's neck.

Taehyung groaned, looking like a satisfied artist standing in front of his masterpiece.

"We are going to need a way to tell each other when too much is too much." The younger boy shook his head up and down in agreement, though he stopped when Taehyung added, "Because you're making me go all kinds of crazy with your moans."

Jungkook's cheeks reddened instantly at the mention of the sounds he produced when caressed the right way.

Taehyung rested his hands on the maknae's hips, both deep in thought.

Jungkook let go of his bottom lip that he had been chewing, "How about hot and cold?"

The 95 liner's eyes turned to him, irises instantly finding the younger singer's big black doe-eyes. They trailed down to the mistreated uneven skin of his lips, and then further down as they roamed across every inch of Jungkook's body. The younger male watched him with a mischievous curiosity.

Finally, Taehyung breathed in and let out a sigh, "You're hot."

Jungkook laughed at the suddenness of his hyung's remark, showing his bunny teeth on full display.

Then a smirk stretched his lips on one side, his eyes narrowed, "I know I am."

Both men stared at each other in the eyes for a second... Before exploding in a fit of laughter. Taehyung's mirth-filled voice echoed loudly throughout the -previously- quiet dorm, his eyelids squinted into thin curved lines as his mouth stood ajar, expanding more and more by the second. He tried to lean back towards the opposite armrest of his lover while Jungkook was howling with laughter, clutching his ribs as if they would crack and break from the intense shaking of his gleeful form. However, Taehyung’s trembling form lost balance and he fell to the floor with a loud, flat thud.

Jungkook's alert eyes widened at the sight of his hyung sat up on the floor, his back to the maknae. The 97-liner noticed the outline of Taehyung's knees stuck to his chest.

"Hyung, are you okay?" Jungkook called softly, swinging his legs off of the couch.

The maknae stood on his knees beside the older male, hand extended out to reach his shoulder. However, when it did, Jungkook was met with a situation he would have never expected.

Taehyung's hands uncurled from his front and trailed down his thighs to cup his behind.

The older male turned to Jungkook with his lips pouting out at him, the corner of his eyes tilted down in a saddened expression.

Crap, he looked adorable.

"I hurt my bum." The deep-voiced singer said in a hushed tone. His lips quivered slightly to emphasise the pain-filled look he was portraying.

Jungkook instantaneously cooed at the man, delicately hovering his arms over his form before wrapping them around his neck. Taehyung hummed in content as the maknae's neck was placed right under his nose, to his greatest delight. His hands moved away from his -still- painful rear to hug the younger male's waist. Jungkook shifted his weight on one of his knees, balancing himself so that he could cradle the man in his arms. One of his hands lifted up to his hair while the other smoothed the fabric of Taehyung's shirt against his lean back.

"Jungkook..." His voice breathed against the maknae's neck, "Will you take care of me?" Jungkook instantly detected the implicit meaning of his words.

And even though he felt the heat rise up to his cheeks, knowing that he was blushing madly, Jungkook managed to whisper back, in an equally honest tone, "Always, hyung, always."

There, lying on the dark grey ocean of fluffy carpet, both sweethearts embraced each other lovingly. The ticking of the clock did not matter anymore, nor did other people's speculations on their relationship.

Because no measurement of time would ever be able to consume the forever-lasting love of Kim Taehyung for Jeon Jungkook.

And because no other thought other than the comfort and happiness of Kim Taehyung could ever hope to attempt getting inside Jeon Jungkook's head.

Because their hearts were full of each other, and sometimes, feelings are what matter the most.

 

_____________

~FrenchieAuthor's note:

Alrighty!

So, as far as the main plot goes, the story ends here.

In the end, all of the guys are obviously more than okay with their little maknaes dating because omo are they adorable!

They have to go through some hate online because some people just don't know open-mindedness and caring of their own business seems just to be way too challenging of a task. Yet, the boys are happy together and you can imagine for yourself how fluffy (or hot, whatever you thirsty readers need) things can get when one of them feels down from negative feedback on their relationship.

I just wanted to write a happy ending for once, I'm always way too pessimistic...

Also, I will probably write more aual characters because there's just so much to say on this side of the uality spectrum. I feel like the way this organ in our head works is way too complicated for one character in one story to show how the psychology of it all works.

I obviously do not want any aual people to take my words the wrong way, I tried to show different aspects of auality through my work and I hope Jungkook did not come out as weak. He may be fragile emotionally but it is only because he is affraid of himself and doesn't want to mess up his relationship with Taehyung. As time goes by however, he learns to trust himself and understand that Taehyung supports him and isn't a completely famished beast that only cares for .

Because uality may certainly be an important part of our life, of our identity, and it definitely does play a huge role in our relationships, society tends to forget how secondary it can become. There are many more ways to show someone that you love them and trust them than by having ual with them, and if someone ever tries to push you into doing something you don't want to do by stating that if you don't have with them it's because you don't love them, then get out of the relationship as soon as you can because I can assure you that regretting not living by your beliefs is much worse than leaving a relationship that revolves around blackmailing.

Well, anyways, I hope you all had a great time reading this because I sure had a lot of fun writing it!

I have a little something prepared as an extra chapter that I will post in a near future (I hope so, at least.)

As always, if any of you have inquiries or requests to make for future chapters or stories, feel free to contact me, both here and on Twitter @FrenchieAuthor!

Thank you all for reading, I wish you a very good night/day!