Boys in Luv

Hot & Cold (Jeon Jungkook & Kim Taehyung)

Seven exhausted, sweaty but extremely happy men cascaded down the stairs leading to the changing rooms as they just exited the stage. Pats and hugs were distributed to each inch of skin the boys could reach.

 

“Your rap was amazing Yoongi-hyung.” Hoseok said, engulfing his brother in a bone crushing hug.

 

The smaller rapper scrunched up his nose as a whiff of air came whipping his nostrils, “Yah! Go shower, you stink.” the older male spoke, though a small smile curved his lips upwards.

 

Hoseok, nonplussed by his bandmate’s complaint, pressed a swift kiss on the oldest of the rap line’s cheek. Yoongi cursed under his breath, unable stop himself from grinning at Hoseok’s gesture. The said-man released his hyung from his tight hug to wrap Seokjin in his arms. The oldest smiled and kept complimenting Hoseok on his performance, almost drawing tears out of the male’s eyes.

 

Namjoon and Yoongi quickly made their way out of the cluster of sweaty flesh to discourse about technical issues and how some of the songs they had created had not sounded exactly as they thought they would while performing live.

 

Jungkook had a hard time breathing as two grown-men were squeezing him against their chests.

 

“Hyungs- can’t breathe-” the maknae murmured quietly, using his last thread of oxygen supply.

 

Noticing the male’s evident struggle, Taehyung started to push Jimin away, “Yah, you’re crushing him!”

 

The youngest of the 95 liners kept bumping his hips into the smaller singer’s, slowly but surely making Jimin’s hands slip from Jungkook’s waist. Then, Jimin stumbled away from the embrace. The maknae had a hard time regulating his breath however. Even if Taehyung’s muscly arms were softly wrapped around the maknae’s thin waist, even if the older singer’s touch was nothing but pleasant and appreciative, Jungkook’s heartbeat only increased.

 

Jungkook bent his back slightly so that his head would more easily fit in the crook of the older man’s neck. The maknae’s nostrils, as close as they were from the glistening sweat emitted by Taehyung’s body, could not even detect the faintest repulsive scent. The familiar amalgamate of warmth, cleanliness and -somewhat- vague sugary lemon-like essence -just like a lemon-flavored cheesecake would-, which Jungkook was addicted to, seemed to come off in waves to bless the younger’s senses.

 

“You’re the one who’s stuck to him like a koala bear!” Jimin argued back, tearing Jungkook away from his comforting dreamland of sweet desserts. The oldest of the trio crossed his arms, a cute pout forming on his lips.

 

At the sight of his best friend’s somber features, the youngest of the 95 line went to Jimin. Taehyung took the singer’s petite hands in his and squeezed them, giving the shorter singer a peck on the cheek. At this, Jimin laughed while shaking his head; soon joining Hoseok and Seokjin in their cuddle fest on one of the backstage couches.

 

Taehyung his heels to look back at the maknae. Jungkook was looking at the floor, his hands at his sides closed in tight fists.

 

Because something had felt wrong. Some unknown feeling had crept up the maknae’s ribs and into his heart as he had watched the exchange between the 95 liners. Jungkook had wanted to rip his hyungs apart, to have the youngest of the two come back to him and envelop him in his soft cradle as he had done a few seconds ago.

 

To not have Taehyung’s attention had sent more firewood to the burning pit inside his stomach. Why did he feel so angry at an innocent Jimin who had done nothing but receive his best friend’s affection? The maknae blamed it on the adrenaline rush of the concert that would take a few hours to evaporate. Though, remembering Taehyung’s soft lips which had been against the oldest of the maknae line, he knew something was wrong. He felt something that was wrong.

 

Because Jungkook had felt too many emotions for them to be caused exclusively by the adrenaline.

 

Jungkook was angry and lost, happy and exhausted, content and hurt.

 

“Kookie?”

 

At the sound of his name being called, Jungkook’s head perked up. His youngest hyung stood mere centimeters away from him. Jungkook’s eyes roamed over Taehyung’s features. A signature bright white boxy grin stretching his lips, his eyes tightly closed shut from the joy emanating off of him. “I’m proud of you.”

 

Jungkook’s previous outrage dissipated quickly. He wrapped his arms around Taehyung’s waist, holding him close as if he was scared the older boy would disappear suddenly. Taehyung reciprocated the hug, resting his large hands on the younger male’s shoulder blades, brushing his thumbs on the fabric of the maknae’s shirt.

 

The warmth spread by Taehyung’s caresses made the younger boy shiver, his lips slightly quivering, “You were amazing.” Jungkook whispered in the singer’s ear. He felt the muscles of the older singer’s broad shoulders tense up slightly, though the latter only tightened his grip on the maknae. After a few seconds of hesitation, Jungkook buried his face deeper into Taehyung’s neck, “You are so good, hyung.” He added.

 

But it was not enough. It was not all that Jungkook wanted to say. It was not all that Jungkook felt. Everybody knew that Taehyung was nothing but a delicious mixture of talent and captivating beauty, but those were not the only reasons why Jungkook felt the way he did towards his hyung. The older singer’s bright smiles and alluring personality had made Jungkook’s heart flutter more times than he could count. His caring side towards the people close to him, and even towards fans who ended up in tears when meeting them -though their crying fit never lasted thanks to his open and extraverted manners. People felt positive around Taehyung because he was a positive guy.

 

Not all the time though. Taehyung also had days when he felt down, completely drained because of their exhausting lives. These were the days Taehyung would shut himself off from the world, spending an entire day alone; either in the comfort of their dorms, inside, or exploring and using his talent as a photograph to turn the simplest of sceneries into masterpieces, outside.

 

Wherever Taehyung went, art was created and joy was felt.

 

Taehyung was a wonderful guy.

 

And Jungkook wanted him to know that.

 

Jungkook’s lips trembled. He had to say it, yet, it felt like the words were so far back in his throat that they would never be able to come out.

 

Gathering all the energy and courage left in his body, Jungkook leaned back up and bored his soft -yet urgent- gaze into the older boy’s.

 

“Hyung, I-”

 

But his confession was soon to be interrupted by the shortest singer, sticking his head out from the doorway and shouting, “Last in the shower has to wash the dishes!”

 

Taehyung’s eyes widened in realization and, before Jungkook could comprehend what was happening, his hyung’s lips were pressed against his cheek and Taehyung was shouting some sort of excuse his way.

 

But Jungkook did not mind doing the dishes; because he knew his hyung hated it.

 

And he knew he would do anything for his friends.

 

Friend?

 

This fateful night, Jungkook smiled as the others walked around the dorm, wishing each other goodnight and closing their doors behind their sleepy forms. Left with a pile of dishes that could compete with the height of King Sejong’s statue, Jungkook let out a barely audible sigh and got to work. When the silence brought nothing else but more boredom onto the maknae’s shoulders, the brown-haired boy started to sing; softly, almost as if he was murmuring a lullaby.

 

Soon enough, the cluster of dirty dishes became a clean orderly pile of plates and cutlery. When all the crockery was put back in its rightful place inside the cupboards, Jungkook decided to sweep a clean sponge onto the sink. The maknae stopped singing after a while, too concentrated on a spot of sauce which did not look like it was going to disappear anytime soon. His sweeping turned into scratching and then scraping until he was so strongly rubbing the sponge against the sink that he could have made a hole in the wall.

 

Without warning, two muscular arms wrapped themselves around Jungkook’s waist in a soft embrace. His hyung’s voice, which he recognized right away, started singing one of the maknae’s song.

 

Begin.

 

Jungkook could have melted on the spot. Taehyung holding him in his arms, softly singing his song in a deeper tone… Thinking about this instant will bring shivers to his body for a long time, he knew it. Taehyung’s breath caressed the maknae’s neck as he exhaled each mint-scented word through his parted lips.

 

Jungkook’s tensed muscles relaxed under his hyung’s touch. The impact of the sponge he was holding against the sink was a sound that Jungkook barely registered. The maknae closed his eyes, breathing in his hyung’s scent and losing himself into the warmth spreading over his entire backside.

 

When Taehyung finished singing, his head landed between the younger male’s shoulder blades. Jungkook took a sharp intake of breath. Straining his ears, Jungkook was reassured when he could hear five distinct types of snoring.

 

It was now or never.

 

Jungkook dried his hands with a nearby towel. The maknae patted the older man’s hands as a sign to loosen his grip. Taehyung took a step back, sliding his hands on Jungkook’s hips. The younger male turned around, shifting his gaze from Taehyung’s shirt-covered chest up to his eyes. Taehyung resumed his position near the maknae, though, he now stood a breath away from Jungkook’s body. Their bodies were tangled in an unspoken haze of desire to be close to each other, as if their previous embrace had started a fire which could only be satiated by closing the space between their flesh. Taehyung’s hands held onto the bell loops at each side of Jungkook’s thin waist.

 

“H-hyung,” Jungkook started, unsure of the words that would come out of his mouth next, “I-I have been wanting to tell you this for some time now.” Jungkook took a deep breath, but the older male’s intense and curious eyes made his courage falter, his own gaze dropping to the floor. “H-hyung, I-I…” his voice trailed off, his nervousness coming back to lace his thoughts together in a messy knot.

 

Taehyung’s elongated fingers brushed against Jungkook’s chin, gently forcing the maknae’s head up.

 

“Jungkook, look at me.” Taehyung’s voice was soft though he spoke with a firm intonation. Jungkook heard a growl escape the older male when he did not oblige. “Jeon Jungkook, look at me.”

 

Sheepishly, big doe-like eyes lifted up to meet Taehyung’s intense stare. Jungkook examined his hyung’s expression for a second. His dark irises held a glimpse of urgency, yet, his eyes rounded in a gentler form. Jungkook’s unease started to dissipate at the sight of his hyung’s familiar and recomforting features.

 

But his nervousness had no time slipping away from his thoughts as Taehyung spoke again.

 

“Jungkook, kiss me.” Jungkook’s cheeks, only tinted with a pale pink at first, became a more intense and darker shade of red.

 

“H-hyung-”

 

Jungkook’s words were stuck in his throat as he felt Taehyung’s hands pushing his lower back so that they stood chest against chest.

 

“Kiss me,” the tall singer repeated, “please.”

 

Jungkook blinked once, twice and that’s when he felt the tremor of his hyung’s body. His whole body screamed his want to be touched by the younger male. Jungkook’s hands had stayed at his sides during the entire commotion, limply resting against Taehyung’s wrists which were still holding the bell loops of his ripped black jeans. Biting the inside of his cheek, Jungkook lifted his hands and started to hover Taehyung’s upper-arms. When his fingers curled on Taehyung’s sleeves, a deep growl emanated from the older singer. Jungkook timidly slid his fingertips to his hyung’s shoulders and laid them there for a second.

 

“Are you sure you want me to?” Jungkook breathed, uncertainty paralyzing his hands.

 

Taehyung closed his eyes, leaned down and pressed his lips on the corner of the maknae’s mouth. “I want no one else but you.”

 

Jungkook felt the tip of his ears redden at his hyung’s behavior. The maknae’s hands slowly resumed their trip onto the older dancer’s shoulders, caressing his collar bones and earning a growl from the man. Jungkook’s fingers trailed up to Taehyung’s neck, grazing his fingertips all the way from the small hairs at the base of his neck to the tip of his ears.

 

“Kookie…” Taehyung growled, straightening up a little to watch the maknae’s expression.

 

Jungkook bit his bottom lip while Taehyung his own impatiently.

 

Slowly, Jungkook tilted his head to the right, thinking back to all the kissing scenes he had ever unwillingly watched and the few tutorials he shamefully remembered having looked up in his youth.

 

Because Jungkook had never kissed. His white bunny teeth had been nibbling at his bottom lip for the past few seconds, but it was not to earn Taehyung’s urgent glances. No, Jungkook was scared that he would mess up their first kiss.

 

Turning his focus fully onto the man in front of him, Jungkook stopped leaning forwards for an instant, looking back at Taehyung’s eyes which were on the verge of closing.

 

“Hyung,” his breath collected onto Taehyung’s slightly outstretched lips, a moan escaped the male, “I love you.”

 

Before his hyung had time to answer, whether it was positively or negatively to his confession, Jungkook placed his lips on top of Taehyung’s.

 

Suddenly his mind went blank. And he panicked. What was he supposed to do now?

 

However, before Jungkook could lose himself in a panic attack, Taehyung’s lips moved under his. The older singer’s lips captured Jungkook’s bottom one gently, tugging at it with a newfound tender squeeze. Jungkook’s upper lip was put through the same treatment, and Taehyung could not help the throaty sound of pleasure that escaped his lips. The older male took a quick breath before two lips crashed against his, fervently copying his previous, softer, embrace. Another moan escaped Taehyung’s lips at the unintentional grazing of Jungkook’s teeth against his lips.

 

Their lips parted, both panting heavily in hushed whispers; for their intimacy, though, the thought of the others in the dorm kept them alert as well.

 

“I love you too, my little bunny.” Taehyung murmured, rubbing circles on Jungkook’s back.

 

Jungkook’s cheeks flushed red and they both stood there for a few more minutes, quietly whistling their love for each other.

 

And then they had to part to go into their respective rooms, holding each other’s hand and squeezing it slightly; Taehyung went as far as pecking Jungkook on the forehead, earning a disapproving growl from the maknae who did not want to get caught.

 

And then they were in their bedrooms, alone with their thoughts.

 

Taehyung smiled as he fell into a deep, peaceful slumber. Because Taehyung was a positive guy and knowing that his love had been reciprocated made him one of the happiest people alive.

 

But Jungkook… Jungkook’s heart beat fast, as fast as a running rabbit’s would. But his heart’s tremor was not caused by the simple joyful thought of his hyung’s embrace. Jungkook had more on his mind. Because he knew something was slightly off. Their feelings matched, their desire for closeness matched, but there just seemed to be something more in his hyung’s eyes that he could not reflect with his own gaze.

 

Because Taehyung had growled and grunted and moaned, but Jungkook had stayed silent.

 

Because each caress had sent a wave of burning desire through the older singer’s body, but Jungkook had only felt cuddlier.

 

Because Taehyung yearns for Jungkook, but Jungkook does not.

 

~FrenchieAuthor’s Note:

Hi guys! This is a story I have been working on for a few days now, I quite like where it’s going but if any of you have inquiries or requests to make for future chapters or stories, feel free to contact me, both here and on Twitter @FrenchieAuthor!

 

Thank you all for reading, I wish you a very good night/day!

 

Also… Kim Taehyung smells like cheesecake…

Fight me. >_>