C h a p t e r 2: The Truth Is Hard

If Only There Was More Time...

C h a p t e r 2:

 

Listen: What Do I Do? By JiSun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM8HKIPccsg

 

Months had passed.  It was winter, which is not the best time for Yumi.  For about 2 weeks she wondered where JaeJoong was.  For those 2 weeks, she never felt more alone than ever.  Even with her umma at home, she’s just alone in her heart.  The breeze blew and her hair went to her face.  She decided to sit down to rest.  Once she did, she saw a familiar figure sitting and…crying?  She wondered and walked to that person.

 

            “Gwenchena?” she asked really concerned.  The person looked up.  Her eyes widened.  “JaeJoong oppa.”  JaeJoong immediately wiped his tears away.

 

            “Y-Yumi~ah,” he said, almost inaudibly.  Yumi sat next to him and wiped his tears away.

 

            “What’s wrong, oppa?” she asked.  JaeJoong said nothing for awhile.  Yumi quietly sighed, patiently hoping that he would answer.  “JaeJoong oppa, I have something to tell you.”

 

            “What is it?” JaeJoong asked, wiping his tears.

 

            “Will you tell me why you were crying first though?” Yumi asked.  JaeJoong weakly smiled and nodded.

 

            “The reason why I wasn’t here for 2 weeks is because of my little brother.  My umma called saying that JaeMin needed me.  JaeMin is the best little brother that I could ever ask for.  I love him so much.  When my umma sounded alarmed and shocked when she called me, I immediately left.  She told me that he has a heart disease and we don’t have enough money to pay for a surgery.  He only did have those 2 weeks to live,” JaeJoong explained as more tears kept flowing down his face.  Tears were already falling from Yumi’s face.  “I mean, he’s only 12.  Why him?  Why now?  I-I wish that I took his place.  He died Yumi.  He died and…it was right in front of me too.  I-I will never forget his last words to me.”  Both couldn’t stop their crying.

 

            “W-W-What d-did he s-say?” Yumi tried to ask through her sobs.

 

            “He said ‘Hyung, you know you’re the best right?  You never fail to keep me happy.  I missed you since you were in another city in high school.  This feeling weak, doesn’t it?  But, I won’t mind.’  I asked him why and he answered me ‘Because, I get to see my favorite hyung.  It’s a good thing that you’re my hyung because you’re the best ever.  I love you, hyung.’  Then…just slowly…he felt tired and…slept forever.”  More tears spilled.

 

            “Oppa, I’m sorry.”

 

            “No, it’s alright.”  JaeJoong weakly smiled.  “I’m going to promise him that I’m going to be strong.”  He then looked at her and wiped away her tears.  “Gosh, and I thought I should be the one to cry the most but look at you.”  Yumi lightly laughed and wiped her tears away too.  “So, what did you want to tell me?”  Yumi stayed silent and bit her lip.

 

            “Oh…um…”  She then faced him with a small fake smile.  “My umma wanted to meet you.  Is it alright if you do today?”  JaeJoong smiled.

 

            “Sure, I won’t mind.  What time?” JaeJoong asked.

 

            “Um, at 6 o’ clock.  We’ll eat out for dinner,” Yumi answered.

 

            “Okay, I’ll come over then.”

 

Listen: Melody Harmony and Color by JaeJoong and YooChun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZTKDgIoL_A

 

It was dinner time and JaeJoong came promptly on time.

 

            “Hey, you’re on time,” Yumi said with a smile on her face.  JaeJoong smiled, just seeing her in a plain red, strapless dress that goes up to her knees as she wore a pair of red heels.  “You look great.”

 

            “You too,” JaeJoong replied back.

 

            “Yumi~ah, is he here?” Mrs. Park asked.

 

            “Neh, umma!  We’ll go in the car!” Yumi said as she took the car keys.  She stepped outside, walking to the car.  “C’mon.”  He smiled and followed her in.

 

As they entered, they took their orders.  Mrs. Park looked at JaeJoong and smiled.

 

            “Thank you for keeping my daughter company and helping her out since her first day,” Mrs. Park said.  “Yumi has told me a lot about you.  I mean…many things.  She can go on and on…”

 

            “Umma,” Yumi whined.

 

            “Bwoh?  I’m telling the truth,” said Mrs. Park.  Yumi just stared at the table, embarrassed.  JaeJoong smiled at her and faced her umma.

 

            “It’s no problem.  You’re daughter is amazing to be with,” said JaeJoong.

 

            “Have you two considered of going out?” she asked.  Their eyes widened.

 

            “Umma!” Yumi whined again.

 

            “I’m just saying.  Yumi~ah, c’mon, JaeJoong is a very fine young man.”

 

            “I’ll date when I want to,” she mumbled.  JaeJoong chuckled and the food then came.

 

            “JaeJoong~ah, have you ever dated anyone?” Mrs. Park asked.

 

            “Umma, don’t in his personal life,” said Yumi.

 

            “It’s alright.  No not yet,” JaeJoong answered.

 

            “Ah, if you ever want, Yumi will be available.”

 

            “Aish,” she mumbled.  ‘Better than telling JaeJoong once he lost his brother,’ she thought.  She felt a nudge on her shoulder.

 

            “Gwenchena?” JaeJoong asked.

 

            “Oh, um, yeah.”

 

After half an hour of dinner, they were finished.  Mrs. Park insisted them to go out alone as she would just pay for everything.  They both nodded and headed out into the starry night.  Yumi couldn’t let any word out.  She was so embarrassed from dinner.  JaeJoong noticed her and smiled.

 

            “If you’re embarrassed from what your umma said, don’t be.  I find it cute,” JaeJoong said.  She looked at him with a blushing face.

 

            “Really?” she asked with puppy looking eyes.  JaeJoong looked at her eyes and blushed.

 

            “Y-Yeah,” he stuttered.  He quietly hissed without her hearing it.  ‘Why did I have to stutter?’

 

            “O-Okay.”  It was silent again and the only sounds were bugs chirping and some cars passing by along with some people talking as they passed the two.

 

            “Hey, I wanna bring you somewhere,” said JaeJoong and he held her hand, dragging her to his destination.

 

            “Where oppa?” she asked, letting him drag her around.

 

            “You’ll see.”

 

JaeJoong started to run faster, making Yumi scared.

 

            “O-Oppa, can we slow down please?” she asked.  JaeJoong stopped and bended down.

 

            “Get on my back,” he just said.  She smiled and nodded.  JaeJoong stood up and continued walking.  “Ah, eat more.  You’re too light.”

 

            “You’re just saying that,” Yumi said with a pout.

 

            “Nope, it’s a fact in my world.”  She smiled and lightly blushed.  She quietly yawned and rested her head on his shoulder, near his neck.  “Tired?”  He felt her nod.  “Go ahead and sleep okay?  I’ll wake you up when we’re there.”

 

            “Okay, oppa,” Yumi said tiredly and fell asleep.

 

After 7 minutes more of walking, JaeJoong finally made it.  Carefully and gently, he carried Yumi bridal style underneath a large tree.  He sat down and gently laid her head on his shoulder.  JaeJoong looked at her and smiled.  He just couldn’t take his eyes off of her peaceful, angelic face.  He curled a strand of hair behind her ears and swept her bangs away from her eyes.  JaeJoong gently caressed her cheek.  He sees how her eyes were about to open, so he quickly pulled away.

 

            “You’re awake now?” he asked.

 

            “W-Where are we oppa?” Yumi asked, rubbing her eyes.  She looked around and was in awe.  “Oppa, this place is so pretty,” said Yumi.  “B-But how?  It’s almost winter and all of these flowers---“

 

            “I know places Yumi.  I know a lot about this place,” JaeJoong said.  Yumi looked at him and smiled.

 

            “Oppa, it’s extremely beautiful,” she said.

 

            “I have a feeling that you would like it.”  He then took off her heels so that she would feel a little more comfortable.  “This can be ‘our’ place.”

 

            “Yeah…our place.  I love this place, oppa.”  Yumi picked up some flowers and gave it to him.  “Here you go.”  JaeJoong gladly accepted it.

 

            “Yumi, I have something to ask,” he blurted.  She looked at him with curious eyes.

 

            “What is it?” she asked.

 

            “W-Would you…