C h a p t e r 4: Goodbye

If Only There Was More Time...

C h a p t e r 4:

 

Listen: Color Melody and Harmony by JaeJoong and YooChun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL3Y8ZokKKg

 

A couple of months had passed since the two started to go out.   Both of them felt happier than ever and Yumi hasn’t even thought about her disease as much now.  It was night time and both of them were in her room, just looking around.  Yumi looked underneath her bed and found her diary.  She smiled and leaned against her bed once she sat on the floor.  JaeJoong sat next to her.

 

            “So, what is that?” JaeJoong asked.  She looked at him and pouted when she pulled her diary away.

 

            “My diary, so no looking,” she said, trying to have an angry face on.  JaeJoong smirked and tried to see what she wrote.

 

            “What To Do Before I Die?” he read.  She looked at him and nodded.

 

            “I said no looking gosh.”

 

            “No need to hide it.  C’mon, tell your lover.”  Yumi just giggled and nodded.  She leaned against his chest and let him read what she wrote.

 

            “It’s like just about your lover.  Have your first boyfriend, first kiss, first lover, first marriage with that first lover, and your first time with that first lover,” JaeJoong summarized out loud.

 

            “Yup.  Guess who it is?” Yumi asked.

 

            “I’m the first boyfriend, kiss, and lover, huh?” JaeJoong asked.

           

            “No, oppa, Jung YunHo is,” she teased.  He frowned.  Yumi laughed and kissed him in the lips.  “Of course it’s you, you babo.”

 

            “You’re such a teaser,” said JaeJoong with a pout that she can never resist.

 

            “To you I am.  I love you, oppa,” said Yumi.  JaeJoong smiled and deeply kissed her.

 

            “I love you, too, babe,” he said and kissed her more.  JaeJoong carried her to her bed while kissing her and got on top of her.  Their kiss became more passionate than ever.  They pulled away for their breath.  “Are you sure?”

 

            “I’m always sure with you, oppa,” Yumi said.  JaeJoong smiled and passionately kissed her again, starting a romantic and unforgettable night.

 

A few months passed.  They never wanted to leave each other’s side, especially JaeJoong, because he’s hoping that the next day, she would still be breathing and is alive in the world.

 

            “JaeJoong~oppa, I want that puppy,” Yumi said a little tiredly.  It was almost night time and they were at the boardwalk.

 

            “Okay,” JaeJoong responded softly.  He paid 5 dollars to toss 5 balls inside a basket to win.  He did and won the puppy.  “Here you go, babe.”

 

            “Gomawo, oppa,” she said.  Yumi yawned and rested her head on his chest.  JaeJoong smiled and wrapped his arms around her as they walked home.

 

            “I’ll bring you home,” said JaeJoong.

 

            “Oppa, will you sleep next to me tonight?” Yumi asked.  He softly smiled and kissed her head.

 

            “Of course I will.”

 

            “Thank you.”

 

            “No problem.”

They arrived home.  JaeJoong carried Yumi bridal when he realized how she was a little weak to walk up the stairs.  He gently placed her in bed and JaeJoong then lied down beside her, wrapping his arm around her petite waist.

 

            “Oppa?” Yumi called quietly.

 

            “Yes?” JaeJoong responded.

 

            “Promise me that you’ll be able to let go and move on.”

 

            “I promise.”

 

JaeJoong walked around the city while Yumi was in the hospital with her mother for an exam.  She insisted JaeJoong that she’ll be alright so he agreed.  He decided to walk around the city.  He then just started thinking about the things that he and Yumi did while they’re together and that night kept replaying in his mind.  ‘Ah, Jae, you’re such a to always think of that,’ he thought to himself and quietly chuckled.  He thought back about the diary she had read to him.  He smiled widely, quickly looking for a jewelry store.  And with the money he had right now, he paid.

 

            “Yumi~ah,” JaeJoong responded on the phone.  Yumi smiled.

 

            “Oppa, how are you?” Yumi asked.  She was in her room, reading her book.

 

            “I’m fine.  Was your exam alright at the doctor?” JaeJoong asked in concern.

 

            “Neh, they’re watching carefully for me,” Yumi answered with a small, yet sad chuckle.

 

            “Oh, well, I will be with you even more then.”

 

            “Oppa, you’re always with me.  That’s what I love about you.”  JaeJoong smiled.

 

            “I love it when I am with you.  So, can you meet me at our place?”

 

            “Sure, I’ll be there in 10 minutes, okay?”

 

            “Okay, I love you.”

 

            “I love you too.”

 

In exactly 10 minutes, Yumi arrived.  Once she did, she didn’t see JaeJoong there.  She walked closer to the tree.

 

            “Oppa, where are you?” she asked.  She jumped when she felt a hug from behind.

 

            “I’m right here, babe,” JaeJoong answered.  She blushed and smiled.  She turned to him and kissed his lips.

 

            “So, what’s up?” she asked excitedly.

 

            “This.”  His face grew serious, but loving at the same time.  His expression just made her much more curious on his action.  JaeJoong kissed her and then held her hands.  He sighed before he started.  “Yumi~ah, I love you very much no matter what.  I don’t care if you’re poor or if you’re rich or famous.  I won’t care if you’re sick or not.  Heck, I won’t care if you’re a to me because you drive me crazy no matter what.  I love you and…I want to make your wishes come true.  So…Park Yumi,” He then went on his knee and pulled out the ring that he bought.  “Will you marry me?”  Tears unknowingly fell down her face.  She smiled and nodded, too speechless to say anything.  “Say something first, babe.”  She chuckled.

 

            “Yes, oppa.  I-I’ll marry you,” she answered.  JaeJoong smiled widely, placing the engagement ring on her left ring finger.  Once he did, he picked her up and kissed her deeply.

 

            “I love you, oppa,” she said when she broke the kiss.  JaeJoong put her down and wiped her tears away with his thumbs.

 

            “I love you, too.”

Her mother, students, teachers, doctor, and nurses were ecstatic of their news on marriage.  Both were excited, wanting to get married a few days after graduation.  Yumi smiled at JaeJoong while they were watching a sunset on the beach.

 

            “Oppa, graduation tomorrow,” said Yumi.  She sat in between his legs, cuddle against his chest.

 

            “I know.  Aren’t you excited?” JaeJoong asked.

 

            “Yeah, because then, we’re going to get married.  Something I have to do before…you know,” she muttered.  She didn’t wanna mention she will die, even though they know that she will.

 

            “I know.  Babe, being with you is the best ever.  I’m going to wait for you, even if it takes endless years,” said JaeJoong.  Yumi smiled.

 

            “I will too, oppa,” she softly responded.  “I love you.”

 

            “I love you too.”

 

It was the day of their graduation.  They all stood up when the principal announced the class of 2009.  They got their diplomas and everything.  They all cheered, took pictures when it was over.  Yumi hugged all of her classmates and chatted with the most of them too.

 

            “Okay, bye MinJee,” said Yumi.

 

            “Bye, Yumi.  I’ll meet you again during High School Reunion,” MinJee said.  Her smile broke into a frown.

 

            “Hopefully.  Bye.”

 

            “Bye!”

Yumi waved.  Once she left, she looked around and found her mother.  She smiled widely, happy that she saw her graduation.  She thought that she was in Egypt right now.  She ran to her and hugged her tightly.

 

            “Umma!” she said so happily.

           

            “Yumi!  Ah, my baby!”  You graduated!  I’m so proud of you, my valedictorian,” she said.

 

            “Neh.  I want you to be proud of me.  I’ve worked hard for it,” Yumi said.

 

            “No matter what, I’m always proud of you,” she said.  Yumi smiled at her.  “Okay, let’s take pictures and lots of it.”

 

            “Okay, umma.” 

 

She smiled and posed for some pictures.  Mrs. Park got some people to take pictures of her and Yumi.  Yumi sat down and did a peace sign.  Once the picture was taken, Yumi felt a tap on her shoulder.  She turned around and smiled.  Yumi jumped up and hugged JaeJoong.

 

            “Oppa, can’t you believe it?  We graduated!  Only 3 days left and then we’re married,” Yumi said so happily.

 

            “I know.  I can’t wait either,” JaeJoong said happily.  “So, taking pictures?  Mind if I join?” he asked.

 

            “JaeJoong~ah, get in the picture.  Do some cute poses together,” Mrs. Park said. 

 

Yumi just laughed instead of fighting her mom and did what she said.  JaeJoong told her to get on his back and she did.  They both did heart signs.  She used her left hand and he used his right hand in one picture, making a perfect heart for their picture.  Mrs. Park had tears in her eyes.

 

            “Umma, gwenchena?” Yumi asked.

 

            “Neh, I’m just so happy,” Mrs. Park said.

 

            “Me too.  We all are.”

 

            “You two should spend the rest of the day together, okay?” Mrs. Park suggested.

 

            “Umma, you seem a little weird today,” Yumi joked.

 

            “How?” Mrs. Park asked.

 

            “I was kidding.  Okay umma, I love you,” she said and hugged her.

 

            “Love you too,” said Mrs. Park.  Before Yumi left, she made a heart sign to her mom.  Mrs. Park smiled.

 

Listen: What Do I Do? By JiSun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM8HKIPccsg

 

Yumi and JaeJoong held hands along the way.  JaeJoong realized how much slower she has been walking.

 

            “Hurry up, Yumi.  A snail just beat you,” JaeJoong said.

 

            “Oppa, my feet hurt,” Yumi pouted.  JaeJoong smiled.

 

            “Give me your shoes,” he said.  She did and gave him her shoes confusingly.  “Okay, now get on my back.”  Yumi just giggled and nodded and hopped onto his back.  “Ah, you’re so light.”

 

            “Anio, I’m not,” Yumi said.

 

            “You’ve gotten skinnier, babe,” JaeJoong added.  “You’re not fat.”  She smiled and closed her eyes for rest.  “If you’re tired, go ahead and rest and I’ll wake you up.”

 

            “Okay oppa.”

 

JaeJoong gently shook her awake.

 

            “Yumi, wake up, babe.  We’re here,” he said, scared that she would never wake up.  She slowly opened her eyes, realizing that they’re in their garden.

 

            “Oppa, it’s so much more beautiful than before,” Yumi said weakly.  JaeJoong looked at the ground and frowned.  Yumi noticed and she pinched his cheeks.  “Yah, don’t be sad.  Stay happy.”  JaeJoong looked up at her and smiled.  “And don’t fake that smile, babe.”  JaeJoong chuckled and gently put her down.

 

            “C’mon, the sunset is coming,” said JaeJoong.  She held his hand as they walked to the tree.  She sat in between his legs again and he hugged her waist as she cuddled against his chest with his head resting on her shoulder.  Minutes passed, Yumi felt tired.

 

            “Oppa, I’m sleepy,” Yumi quietly said.  Tears were forming in JaeJoong’s eyes.  He held them in so that she wouldn’t see him in tears.

 

            “Stay awake.  Yumi just 3 more days, okay?” JaeJoong said.

 

            “I’m trying,” she said, forcing to keep her eyes open.  She smiled when she saw the sunset.  “Oppa, it’s so beautiful, isn’t it?” she asked.  “I wish I can see it forever.”  She felt her shoulder being wet.  She looked up to see JaeJoong crying.  Already, she just started to cry with him.  “Oppa, please don’t cry.”

 

            “I’m sorry, babe.  I-I just can’t bear to lose you,” said JaeJoong.  Yumi sobbed and hugged him.  JaeJoong broke it off and kissed her passionately.  She passionately kissed him back, as much as she can give.

 

            “Oppa, can you sing me a song?  I’m sleepy,” she asked.

 

            “What song?” JaeJoong asked.

 

            “Insa,” she tiredly said.

 

            “Okay, on only one condition,” JaeJoong added.

 

            “What?” Yumi asked curiously.

 

            “That you’ll wake up,” JaeJoong answered.

 

            “I-I’ll try oppa, I’ll try.” 

 

JaeJoong nodded and softly sang to her Insa.  Tears were endless for them Yumi just watched him sing.  She carefully looked at his face: His big brown eyes, sharp nose, kissable, pouty lips, and fair skin.  She doesn’t want to forget it all.  Their eyes met.  JaeJoong looked at her big brown eyes, cute, petite nose, moist, kissable lips, her soft skin, and carefully, he scented her strawberry scent.  JaeJoong lightly smiled and kissed her lips and continued singing again.  He watched her as she slowly closed her eyes.  He was sobbing while singing.  He stopped and looked at her.

 

            “Keep your promise oppa,” she said.

 

            “I promise, babe.  I love you, Yumi~ah,” JaeJoong said as he held her hand, slowly becoming cold.

 

            “I’m sorry, oppa.  If only there was more time that I’ll make it to the wedding.  I love you so much.”  She then fell into a very deep sleep.  JaeJoong cried uncontrollably, hugging her lifeless body.

 

            “Don’t be sorry, Yumi.  Don’t be.  I’ll wait for you, I’ll wait.  I love you so much.  Don’t be sorry,” he said, letting all of his tears out.  “Don’t be sorry.  I love you.”

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Sequel will be updated soon! :) I hope you enjoyed the fanfic!