Task #11: Nightmare

Angel N Devil Season 2

Ding Dang took Wang Zi to the school's gym and made him face her. He looked at her as she looked back at him, more like scowling at him.

 

 

"Why didn't you let me fight him?", he asked. She sighed at him. "You told me to keep your secret about your identity.", she said. "I know that.", he said. She looked at him as she crossed her arms over her chest. "You almost blew your secret to them. I already promised you that I'll keep your secret. But you're the one who's about to expose yourself.", she said.

 

 

Wang Zi stared at her for a moment, silence filling the air. "If the others knew what you are, then you are in danger. They will keep an eye on you and your every move. Your life will be put in danger.", Ding Dang said.

 

 

Wang Zi looked at her, and held her by her shoulders. She stared at him, surprised. "I told you before, I am different from them.", he said to her. As he stared at her straight in the eyes, she could feel her heart beating fast. She blushed as she tried to look away from him, but she couldn't. There is a kind of magnetic energy in his eyes that made her stare back at him.

 

 

She does worry for me. She's right, I should be careful of my actions. If I were caught, I may not be able to see her again... But that wouldn't happen. 

 

 

Before Wang Zi could say anything, Ding Dang pulled away from him. "I, uh... I got to pee!", she said as she run away. Although she has her back turn on him, he could sense that she was blushing. He smiled at that, and walked away.

 

 

I will wait for her to move on and forget about that demon hunter. She has to know that the love that she is looking for is here, and it's with me. He is not the one for her, it's me. I knew that and I'm certain of it.

 

 

He remembered the first time that he saw her near the forest. When he looked at her face and sensed her blood, he knew she is the one for him. Ever since then, he's now familiar with her scent and blood. She made his heart beat for the first time in his life, and that's when he knew, he has to get her and love her.

 

 


 

 

Flashback

 

 

A guy with spiky black hair that has white strands on it smirked as he grabbed the ball of basketball with his hands. His leather jacket was black with spikes on it, black and red stripes shirt, and black pants. He also wore black ankle boots to match his attire.

 

 

"Master, the king would be looking for you." , Wang Zi said, standing in front of the guy. He scoffed at him. "He doesn't even care about me, his eldest son.", the guy said, he had a sad look on his face. Wang Zi sighed at that.

 

 

"But your little sister will be sad if she doesn't see you soon.", Wang Zi said. "My little sister only loves my younger brother, so why bother go back there?", the guy said.

 

 

"You know that she loves each of you equally, even the king. Come back to the kingdom, I have a bad feeling.", Wang Zi said. "Maybe it's just your imagination. Don't worry too much.", the guy said as he turned around. "You should go back to your house. It's getting late.", he said with his back facing Wang Zi.

 

 

Wang Zi sighed as he nodded his head. "Yes, master.", he said. He walked towards his house where his parents are staying, as he closed the door behind him, he could here his master screaming in pain.

 

 

"Master!", he exclaimed as his eyes widened. He was about to open the door when his dad stopped him. "You can't go outside there, it's dangerous!", he said. His mother gave him a worried look. "I think we should bring our son to a safe place.", she said.

 

 

"Safe place? What are you talking about?! What's going on?!", Wang Zi asked. His parents only gave him a sad and worried look. "Don't look at me like that! Master needs me! He is also my best friend!", he said.

 

 

"We should bring him there as soon as possible.", his mother said looking at her husband. "Son, you have to leave.", his father said, grabbing his hand and taking him to travel to the human world.

 

 

"Dad, where is this?", Wang Zi asked. His father gave him a smile, but he could see the pain and sadness in it. "Continue to live, son. You still have to experience to live and to love someone. In this world, you are safe.", he said.

 

 

"What are you talking about dad?! Don't leave me here!", Wang Zi said, a tear falling from his eye. "Remember this. You mother and I will always love you. We will look after you, be brave and live for us. I promise you, we will meet again.", he said. In a blink of an eye, his father disappeared from his sight.

 

 

"Dad! Come back! I don't want to live alone! I still have to save Zack!", he cried out as he fell on his knees.

 

 

End of Flashback

 

 

"Dad! Mom! Zack! Don't leave me!", Wang Zi shouted as he trashed around on the bed. 

 

 

 

In the living room, Ding Dang was doing her last homework when she heard a faint noise. "Nan khux xari? (What is that?)", she asked to herself in Thai.

 

 

When she got near her room, she could hear Wang Zi screaming. "What's up with him?", she asked to herself. When she got inside, she saw him crying and shouting in his sleep. Oh no, he's having a nightmare. 

 

 

She rushed to his side, shaking him for him to be awake. "Wang Zi. Wang Zi! Wake up!", she shouted. She continued shaking him when he finally opened his eyes. Her eyes widened at his appearance.

 

 

His eyes were red and swollen from too much crying. He was also trembling and his expression was full of sadness and pain. It was so different from his normal self.

 

 

"H-hey... Are you okay?", Ding Dang asked as she placed her hand on his shoulder, she had a worried look on her face. Wang Zi looked at her, and he immediately sat up. "I'm going to get you some water. Wait for me.", she said.

 

 

As she was about to leave, Wang Zi grabbed her hand. She looked back at him, surprised. "Don't leave me, please. I don't want to be alone again.", he pleaded her, tears forming in his eyes.

 

 

Ding Dang sighed and sat beside him, giving him a hug. "Okay, I won't leave.", she said. "Promise me? I want to see you when I wake up in the morning.", he said as he looked at her in the eyes.

 

 

She nodded her head and let him lay down to sleep. He grabbed her hand tight, and closed his eyes. For the whole night, Ding Dang is by Wang Zi's side keeping an eye on him.