Moving in Together

A . M . C - A Marriage of Convenience
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Silence. There was complete silence in the car and Seungri couldn’t help but glance at the man next to him fiddling with his phone. He felt exhausted from the wedding and faking smile (well he didn’t even try but just being there was tiring). To be fair, Seungri couldn’t remember much from the wedding after the kiss - it was all a big blur. 

Kwon Ji Yong had a very strong aura like he could commend anyone’s attention just by being there and he commands respect wherever he went. He rarely smiled but Seungri once watched a video where he smiled an inch and he looked lethal (he was researching for his sister - that ungrateful brat who chose self love and abandoned him). And Seungri is married to him now. The term marriage sounded very foregein to him and the situation hasn’t sunk in completely yet. 

“Where are we going?,” Seungri asked, breaking the silence as he got bored looking through the window. 

Ji Yong stopped looking at his phone and looked up at Seungri with his deep brown eyes that were very sharp. 

“To our apartment”

 “Oh. Are you okay with this?”

He looked puzzled at Seungri as he cocked his eyebrow.

“This thing,”Seungri replied, gesturing between them. He couldn’t bring himself to say marriage. It feels too real if he acknowledges it out loud. 

“Marriage?”

Seungri nodded as he looked at the man in front of him who a flicker of annoyance pass over his handsome face. Perhaps, he wasn’t agreeable to this marriage too, Seungri thought. 

“Later,”he replied and went back to his phone. Was he dismissed just like that? The younger huffed and seethed quietly as he went back to looking at the landscape outside. 

 

Ji Yong mentioned an apartment but what Seungri walked through was a state of the art penthouse at the top floor. As a real estate businessman, nothing satisfies Seungri more than analysing the architecture of a building. The penthouse was very spacious and decorated tastefully although Seungri couldn’t help notice some of the questionable paintings like that nurse painting hung on the wall. Does Ji Yong have some erted ? All thoughts vanished as Seungri looked through long rows of glass doors that overlooked the balcony. There was a swimming pool, a pair of sunbathing chairs, just beyond were some plants in large fancy pots and a classic bench in the corner. It was perfect. The walls of the balcony looked majestic but tall enough to provide privacy. Although, the edge of the pool end had been lowered slightly so the swimmer can admire the panoramic view.  

The Lees lived in a luxurious mansion that was in the family since Lee Hyun Shin who was a brave soul and had received it as a reward from the then Royal family. As such, living out was out of the question. Ji Eun and he had tried their best to live out but their shrewd mother always put a stop to it. Seungri got what he wanted now, like always but his current situation wouldn’t allow him to relish it. 

“Sit down,” Ji Yong stated as he loosened the bow tie and took off his coat. Seungri could see tattoo peeking ever so slightly as the older massaged his side neck with his palm. 

Seungri wasn’t nervous. Afterall, he is a businessman who is constantly meeting new people, weaving in and out issues, problems e.t.c However, something about the other man makes him feel a little queasy almost like a butterfly effect but like a bad version of it. He never felt this before with anyone. He was confident (sometimes overconfident) and self assured man - his family calls him a strong baby for his strong mindset. Yet, right now he was a plethora of mess and so unlike his original self as he took a seat on the large mustard sofa. He wrapped his arms around the cushion from the sofa to create a barrier when Jiyong sat very close to him. 

“I didn’t mean to dismiss you earlier. The driver doesn’t need to know our private business,”Ji Yong said after a moment of silence. His face looked warmer and almost approachable Seungri thought. 

 

“Mmm”

“I am okay with it. This thing”

“Why did you agree to this? It’s not like you have any obligation unlike me”

“Grand father Kwon made a promise and I have to keep it as a Kwon myself”

“So, how does this thing work?”

“First of all, I know it’s a marriage of convenience but I expect a faithful partner. I will of course stay faithful too,” Ji Yong said in a steel manner that sent an electric shiver to Seungri’s spine. He wasn’t planning to mess around but now he knows for sure that it won’t be worth it. 

“We also won’t be going honeymoon now as I have a product launch next week,”

“Okay, can I get my own room? This is all a little weird”

“No, you need to get used to this and like a real couple we will sleep on the same bed. Relax, I won’t touch you unless... you come on to me of course,” Ji Yong said slyly as he smirked and rested his forehead on Seungri’s. 

“I... I.. won’t!,” Seungri splattered. He berated himself for stuttering but his heart started to rapidly pound and he gulped his saliva. 

“Why would I come on to you?,” he asked after composing himself a little. 

“Oh, I don’t know, You seem to be warm for my form”

“I am not!” 

“We’ll see…,”Ji Yong said as he pecked Seungri lightly on the lips and smirked as he got up from the sofa. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter