Chapter 5

EXO NEXT DOOR 2 - D.O.

Eun Ae’s POV

After I cleaned the living room, dining room and kitchen, I went outside to hang their clothes that had been washed. I hang up the clothes while my voice was humming to one of their songs. I’m not sure about the title but I just go through their previous album until the latest one. And yeah, no wonder they are popular because they really had talent. 

 

“It’s Unfair, right?” 

I heard a voice. I turn around and saw Baekhyun was standing at the door. He smiles at me with his arm crossed his body. 

 

“Ah, I’m not sure about the title. I heard it last night and it was a very good song,” I answered.

“So, you are trying to know about us. But seriously you haven’t even heard about us? About SM Entertainment?” Baekhyun curious.

“I do know about SM but I’m not familiar about all the artist in the agency. Well, after I graduated, my parents send me to US and ask me to focus on my studies only. I didn’t get any chance to watch any entertainment show or variety shows except if it necessary for my studies. They just don’t want me to turn out like my brother,” I smile awkwardly right adter I mention about my brother.

Baekhyun just nod. “If you don’t mind, may I ask, what happen to your brother?”

“Oh, my brother. He wanted to be an idol. So, right after he finish his middle school, he entered an audition and he was lucky, he got in the agency and start his trainee years. He really loved to perform. Almost everyday, he watch all the korean group performing videos. He knew every dance step and songs. For me, he was really talented,”

“From what I heard, I bet he must be a talented guy. So, when he is gonna debut?”

“He won’t debut and those time won’t ever happen. He almost debut but then something happen. An accident happen when he was on his way home. From what I heard, he was trying to save someone from being robbed. But unluckily, he was being beaten, stabbed and he died right after being in coma state for 4 hours. The doctor can’t save him because he lost too many blood,”

“Oh... I’m sorry. I don’t know,”

“It’s okay. It had happened. My parents felt that if only my brother doesn’t chase his dream to become an idol, probably he still live and happy right now. That’s why my parents refrain all types of entertainment for me. They doesn’t want me to be affected just like how my brother had done. I’m fine with that, because I know they just want the best for me,”

Baekhyun pat my shoulder as he saw my tears are started to form at the corner of my eyes.

“From what I heard, I know your brother was really a great guy, with a great talent and kindest heart. He just got a better place to live now,”

His words got me smiled.

“I bet you got the talent too. Who knows,” 

I shake my head. I never try to sing or dance before this.

“No, it’s just a really bad idea. I can’t do any of his talent,”

“We never know if we don’t try,” Baekhyun smiles and laugh a little. I laugh too. 

“You must wanted to know more about any of us since you just met us and knew about our existence,” Baekhyun said. I know he try to make it as a joke but yeah, I don’t really quite get it. 

“Probably. I wonder why one of you guys look different from what I’ve heard. Yeon Hee always said that he is nice, good and all the positive words but all I can see is his cold attitude,”

Baekhyun chuckle. “It must be D.O.,”

I nodded. 

“He is quite cold and doesn’t talk much at first. But after you get to know him, he is actually kind and cheerful. And one more thing, he always give that death eye glared but don’t mind that because it just his thing to do that. We always got that from him,”

I nod at his words. Probably, I need sometime to make he feel comfortable with since he is a shy guy with stranger. I am a stranger to him.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

D.O.’s POV

 

I walked downstairs. It still early in the morning and I had morning scheduled today. Ahh, this is so not good. I shouldn’t sleep late last night. It make me feel so sleepy today. 

As I walk out of the house, as usual, the van had been waiting. My manager showed up in front of me. I saw he is holding a cup of coffee, I think so.

“Good morning”

And I just reply him a nod and a smile. Too sleepy to talk maybe.

Then, he hand me a cup of coffee.

“ Someone gave it to me just now. He said, you must be feeling sleep with an early schedule,”

I just take the coffee. I drink a sip of it. Wow! This coffee is really good. I bet this is a homemade coffee. I’ve never taste any coffee just like this before.

Then I saw a sticky note was paste at the side. 

 

‘I know you must feeling tired and sleeping. You doing great. Hwaiting! ;)’

 

It probably Yeon Hee. I remember about telling her that my schedule for this week. She is really a good friend. Friend that always will be friend forever.