five

Baby's Breath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Baekhyun."

"Yoora. Why are you calling so late?"

"I need your help. It's... bad"

"What happened?"

"I set my friend up on a blind date, but the guy bailed last minute. You're the only person that I could think of that none of my friends from both friend groups knew."

"You do realize I have a boyfriend, right?"

"Right. So do you know anyone who is single."

"Sure. Jongdae is single. But I'm not exactly sure that he's straight."

"Just send him. Anyone will due as long as they even remotely interested in women."

Baekhyun stared at the leaves falling on the floor until one landed on his forehead. He made a couple futile attempts to blow the leaf off his forehead when he gave up. That drew the attention of Chanyeol who was reading something, and the taller laughed at Baekhyun's current state. 

"Get it off of me please," Baekhyun said, pouting.

"I think it looks good on you. I'm gonna leave it there."

"Chanyeoool," Baekhyun whined.

Chanyeol put his book down and carefully lifted the leaf off of Baekhyun's forehead with extra care to annoy the older on purpose.

"Brat."

"Excuse me but I just went through the strenuous task of removing a leaf from your forehead."

"Drama queen."

"Ugh... You're so unappreciative," Chanyeol said, grinning and returning to his book. Baekhyun continued to look at him as he read his book, smiling.

He didn't want summer to end. But like all things good, it ended too early.

Baekhyun sighed, getting up from his spot and tugging on the front door once again to make sure it was locked properly and walked to the back before turning off the lights and leaving through the back door. He should probably ask Jongdae how the blind date went. It was a good thing he had no deliveries today. He trudges over to the bus stop and plops down on the bench, waiting for his bus when his phone buzzes.

Of course it was Yixing. He really didn't deserve someone as wonderful as him. Smiling, he responded to the text before hopping on the bus. Life... was good. He had a steady source of income and he had a charming boyfriend. His life was at a high point.

Which is why he felt uneasy, What comes up must come down. Albeit cliché, it's managed to apply to his life story consistently. Sighing, he watched the cityscape pass by while the bus jostled to various bus stops when he spotted a couple white flurries floating in the di

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter