Chapter 1

Road to Perdition

 

“YA, LEE SUNGJONG!!!”

A loud yell broke the silent atmosphere inside the INFINITE’s dormitory. They just arrived from their respective schedules and all of them were tired and drained of energy. Upon their arrival at their dorm, Hoya and Dongwoo immediately retreated into Dongwoo’s room to snuggle, Myungsoo and Sungyeol remained in the living room, cuddling and enjoying the warmth of each other, and Woohyun and Sunggyu went to the kitchen to enjoy some hot chocolate before they went to sleep. On the other hand, Sungjong, being the forever alone maknae of the group directly went to the bathroom after leaving his stuffs in the comfort of his room.

So where that yell did came from?

It was from Sunggyu whose eyebrows twitched straightway upon seeing the stack of unwashed dishes on their sink and kitchen counters.

SUNGJONG’S POV

Another day was finished and it means that one day will be subtracted to our lives, I thought as I slowly trudged into my room. My other hyungs are snuggling, cuddling, or flirting with each other, but all I want is to relax my body especially my brain. Leaving all my stuffs into my room, I immediately went into the bathroom to have a peace of mind and to relax. Will I remain alone forever until the day I die? This kind of question is haunting me nowadays but I don’t really mind. It is weird because I am always thinking about some depressing thoughts these last few days.  I am thinking that it is just my hormones acting up making me jealous with my other hyungs. The thing that is really bothering me right now is the constant throbbing of my head. I can’t really explain what kind of pain I am experiencing. It’s like that someone has put a jackhammer inside my head and it is operating into the highest level. Sometimes, it feels that my brain is being stab hundred times by a pithing needle and sometimes I feel that there is a drum set installed in my head because of the unending pounding and buzzing sounds that only I can hear. There are times that those pounding and buzzing stops but I feel that even the minute sounds around me intensified and escalated into higher decibels making my head hurt more. Truth be told, I know that something is wrong in my body but I didn’t expect to suffer this kind of things.

After I take off my clothes, I sluggishly settle down my body on the tub. I want to enjoy this kind of silence right now. I want to take this precious moment to be in my own little world, devoid of any problems that humans are experiencing currently. Even before I can close my eyes, I heard my name being called.

“YA, LEE SUNGJONG!!!”

I cringed and shut my eyes really tight. That shout just intensified the pounding inside my head.

What does that old hamster want now?I asked myself. So much for wanting a time alone.

Swiftly, I finished taking a bath and change into my night clothes. Sunggyu-hyung yelling my name only means impending doom.

As I went out of my room, I was instantly greeted by a glaring hamster, if his eyes can be a little larger, it will be very scary but because of his small eyes, I just found it comical.

“YA, LEE SUNGJONG!!! WHAT TAKE YOU SO LONG?” he shouted again.

Here we go again. I murmured to myself.