Dealing with it

Angel Falls, Devil Rises

 

It was Valentine’s Day today. If only they hadn’t let her go. If one someone had followed her, then she would’ve still been here.

 

Jiyong and Seunghyun eventually forgave each other, but they just couldn’t go and forgive themselves. They never and never would. They had let go of the most important person of their lives. Seunghyun couldn’t forget all these years they’ve been desperately trying to locate her. They haven’t found a single most important piece of evidence for all these years. They’ve been putting up signs, reporting them, calling police departments, basically everything they could think of. But Seunghyun was the most worried about Dara’s past. Everything that she has told everybody including her best friends was a big giant lie.

 

Flashback
2 weeks after the incident

 

Everything had changed since Valentine’s Day. Everyone was stunned. No one was the same on the inside.

 

The day after the incident, everyone just thought she needed some time off and was resting.

 

A week passed; they thought she was just taking a vacation.

 

Two weeks passed; everyone started freaking out.

 

They started searching through the entire town. They put an ad in the local newspaper and handed out flyers to people. They had no result whatsoever though. It was hopeless. 

 

It may have been sad for the student of YG academy for Dara’s disappearance, but the real impact crushed her personal friends. They were all on or on the verge of an emotional breakdown.

 

Sulli would cry so much that she carried a box of tissues around wherever she went. She was no longer her cute, bubbly, and bright self, she was gloomy and sad. She was reserved, only talking to Jiyong and her two brothers. Sulli still tried her best and helped comfort and encourage Jiyong though. She could only support Jiyong since she still wanted the best for him. IU was also in a serious depressed mood. She didn’t know what to do anymore. Dara usually stuck up for her in front of the Youngbae fan girls, but now that she’s gone, IU was completely different. Toward the fan girls, she started acting mean and nasty. She took on Dara’s threats. IU learned to stick up to them, but was still an emotional wreck for Dara.

 

Jiyong was not only one of the most popular students in the academy though. He had a good reputation and one of the top grades. He was 6th in the grade out of 672 students. Dara was the first in the grade. Ever since Dara disappeared, his grades have been slipping. He turned from 6th to 345th. His breath always smelled like alcohol and he had dark circles under his eyes. He was a mess. He barely listened to anyone and had angry rage fits. It was not a pretty sight.

 

On the other hand, Seunghyun was the complete opposite. He was doing better than ever in school that is. His rank rose from 502nd to 7th. He was also more organized, cleaned, groomed, and serious that he’s ever been. He was the heir in line for his father’s company. He too had an alcoholic breath though. He had turned colder. He gave glares to everyone he didn’t know. He skipped class many times. Even the teachers were afraid to approach him. No one dared to expect for Big Bang, Sulli, Bom, Donghae, IU, and his brother.

 

The other members of Big Bang were terrible as well. But Daesung’s was the best out of all of them since he spent less time with Dara. He tried to cheer on the rest but couldn’t seem to support himself. He could curl up in the corner; hugging the stuffed Doraemon Dara had given him and whispered softly to himself. Seungri spent more time out drinking and partying to get his mind off it. He always looked kinda drunk. It seemed his dark circles got even darker. Youngbae didn’t even attend school for a couple of days. All he would do was walk around in circles with IU patiently and worryingly watching him. He would swear at times and kick something in his way. Then he would yell out to the sun asking where she was and collapse, but he never cried once. All three of them didn’t attend school. Their attendance record was dangerously low, but the teachers let it slide, knowing their situation. After all, Dara was their best student.

 

Bom and Donghae were in fact the very worst since they were the closest. They had just lost their bestfriend, the friend that they’ve been best friends with in all of college. They had no life inside of them. They barely talked. They couldn’t piece the puzzle together. It was so depressing and confusing at the same time. It didn’t help that everyone including the police said that she was probably kidnapped or… dead. They’ve just lost their most precious best friend in the world. How would anyone feel with that? Everyone would react the way they did. Donghae might have been best friends with Dara much longer than Bom, but Bom was a girl. She was sensitive and had conversations and jokes with her that Dara would never have with Donghae. It felt like they were childhood friends. The three of them knew everything about each other. They all trusted each other and loved each other sincerely. They thought they would never be split apart so quickly, but just look at what happened. No one expected anything this dramatic or big to happen especially to Dara.

 

The both of them missed school ever since Dara didn’t come back the next day. They automatically knew something was up.They spent the whole day together worrying and calling and texting her, but they got no answer. Bom woke up every night from a nightmare of Dara’s disappearance, but Donghae barely had any sleep at all. They both had no life inside. They were like zombies searching for a purpose in life.

 

After a week had passed, Bom and Donghae actually moved in and started living inside her apartment. They refused to let go of her. They were so used to her place. Her smell, marks, prints, and faint presence was still lingering around. It seemed to soothe yet sadden. They wouldn’t step a millimeter out of her apartment. Siwon eventually joined them, worried about his girl’s behavior and situation. All he could do was watch the two cower in fear and depression.

 

Bom and Donghae did everything together. They slept on one bed, ate together, walked together, and basically anything else besides showering of course. That’s cause they knew so much about each other’s feelings. No one else besides them shared that kind of connection with each other. They mostly sat together on the couch and looked over all of their past photos. They trembled at the memories. Siwon would accompany them everywhere. He wasn’t much of a fan of them being together so much but he understood that they needed time.

 

Sometimes, Siwon would cradle Bom in his arms as she cried and whispered stuff like “She can’t be gone.” “She’s still here right?” “Hehe, she’s on vacation. Just watch her go through that door any minute now. Donghae and I will pounce on her like always.” Siwon would close his eyes and try to soothe her. His heart was breaking from watching his girl break down.

 

Donghae would curl up in his corner and hold Dara’s favorite orange blanket, the blanket she would always give to him. He would just quietly sit there and hum or cry. Donghae had endless tears when it came to Dara.

 

Bom and Donghae hadn’t escaped the apartment ever since she disappeared. Usually the gang would go there and discuss the matter. It was now their personal headquarters. They met three days a week.

They were all a mess. All because of Dara.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mianhe, my readers. haven't updated this in like a week? Ugh, i'll try to update it more often now. thx for your patience~

So as always. read, comment, and subscribe <3

~Rolling_star